You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR Thoughts?

Lee909

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

VAR strikes again! Danny Ings arm was 3 inches offside. Fuckin ridiculous.

Southampton got fucked badly by the use of VAR tonight. No question about it. Denied a clear penalty and then having an equaliser ruled out because of a fucking shirt sleeve.

What advantage has Ings gained by his shirt sleeve being offside? How can those in charge of the game not see that such decisions are really harming football? The easiest thing with these offsides is just to draw the lines from the feet. Stop the bollocks with "Tshirt sleeves". And if the lines from either player touch after being drawn, let the goal stand. 

2 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Southampton got fucked badly by the use of VAR tonight. No question about it. Denied a clear penalty and then having an equaliser ruled out because of a fucking shirt sleeve.

What advantage has Ings gained by his shirt sleeve being offside? How can those in charge of the game not see that such decisions are really harming football? The easiest thing with these offsides is just to draw the lines from the feet. Stop the bollocks with "Tshirt sleeves". And if the lines from either player touch after being drawn, let the goal stand. 

Drawing lines is exactly why this farce of a system should be thrown into the fuckin Thames with the legs of every cunt who uses it tied to it and weighted down. Drawing fuckin lines! Who'd have believed this wank?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

If that yellow smudge at bottom left is the ball, it's over 2 foot long in that freeze frame. At moment of kicking, Ings could be on side. The yellow VAR line isnt on the end of the Villa player's arse if you look close.

Exactly the same shite measuring as when vvd was injured in the derby. It's a completely pointless system. It's like they want to rule goals out, the amount of times you look at it and think they've put the line in the wrong place is fucking mental. 

22 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

"The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered."

I think from this season because of this t-shirt law the arm is only classed as starting at the end of an imaginary T-Shirt, so they rule offside from 3/4 of an arm as you're now allowed to score with that bit. Another stupid fucking rule that didn't need changing

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think from this season because of this t-shirt law the arm is only classed as starting at the end of an imaginary T-Shirt, so they rule offside from 3/4 of an arm as you're now allowed to score with that bit. Another stupid fucking rule that didn't need changing

I wouldn't call it a change. 

Incompetence perhaps. 

Either way it's being used to make these cunts richer. Bent as fuck. 

1 minute ago, A_S said:

I must be missing something because the pink dotted line isn't parallel with the black solid one. Or is that the whole idea? I'm missing something, aren't I? 

So fucking confused. 

The pink line is drawn down to make a mark on the pitch to make the lines they draw across. The lines you need to look at are the dark one and if you zoom in, the yellow one.

59 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

If that yellow smudge at bottom left is the ball, it's over 2 foot long in that freeze frame. At moment of kicking, Ings could be on side. The yellow VAR line isnt on the end of the Villa player's arse if you look close.

I've mentioned it before, the offside lines aren't close to being accurate. 

With goal line technology you have one fixed line, one moving object, and they spend hours calibrating the system so that it is accurate to the mm. 

With this we have 3 moving objects, moving in 3 different directions, in 3 dimensions at 3 different speeds. And the lines are being eyeballed by some cunt on a TV screen with cameras going at 50 frames per second. The players can travel about a foot in between frames if they're both running in opposite directions, which happens very frequently because playing the offside trap literally involves moving forwards right before the attacker goes to make his run past you. 

that's fucking huge. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Just saw the Arsenal v United game on MOTD. How the fuck the Fernandes get away with raking the leg of the Arsenal player, especially after Var requested Oliver have a look at it. 

Fernandes operates to different laws of the game to the rest of the league. I thought PGMOL had already clarified that. 

• Upvote 2