You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Didn't stop Evra after falsely accusing the Chelsea ground staff

If you think you heard something racist, then of course you have a duty to report it and the FA have a duty to investigate it.

There has to be strong evidence that the person reporting the abuse lied (as with Evra at Chelsea) before you punish them, otherwise you'll just discourage reporting and sweep racism under the carpet.

There is no evidence that Holgate lied. It's perfectly plausible that he misheard and there's no reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Wasn't a false accusation. The FA had no jurisdiction over the matter.

Id say the reason this is taking so long is because the FA have realised their is no case to answer for Bobby.  But they dont want a negative backlash on the young english starlet,  so i expect it will be left long enough so as people have nearly forgotten about it, then they will release  a small statement on a big news day.

Not far off..........

Hard to prove that he was lying. Plus, judging by his reaction, I really think he thought he heard something.

Exactly and maybe he did, who knows. Firmino doing a bit of sledging to unsettle young defender,  Holgate gets the old red mist , pushes Firmino over the barrier and to avoid a RC tells the ref he heard a racist remark,  Wheels are in motion and the FA roadshow takes over,

I don't really blame anyone not even the FA though it pains me to say it. Flash-points happen in games, especially derbies, and with the rules on any hint of racist behaviour it now means an exhaustive inquest, Their final report was pretty much balanced thanking both players for their cooperation after a lengthy delay to demonstrate they had left no stone unturned and in the expectation most people had forgotten about it. 

I really don't get the anger from some quarters. It will serve no purpose as absolutely nothing further is going to come out of this, I hope they both shake hands before k/o at Woodison and we get on with the normal business of battering the neighbours.

I think you're kidding yourself if you think the shite will let this go. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some gobshite invading the pitch at Goodison.

There's plenty on both sides mate that think they have been the victim of some massive injustice or FA conspiracy .They will froth and fume for a while but like I said nothing further will come of it. Pity that people are focused on this which was little more than "handbags" in the heat of battle.

• Upvote 1

I think you're kidding yourself if you think the shite will let this go. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some gobshite invading the pitch at Goodison.

This.

The FA has basically said that they can't prove Firmino is a racist, and that Holgate is a man of thorough integrity.

That leaves the door open to Firmino being vilified plenty in future, by cunts.

I would let the matter go if I was confident that Everton fans would do the same. Simple fact is they will not. It will become another urban myth for them like the LFC offended by everything bullshit they trot out and actually had stickers made which they stuck to seats in the ARE in that cup game. They spread their lies and their filth all over the net social media and comments sections on the sports page. I do not care what anyone says a very large hard core of Everton fans are convinced Bobby has got off. How in hell can they say that. 12 players interviewed some of them Everton players. The ref right in the middle heard nothing. But it is still a cover up and given the frankly insulting statement from the FA that they found insufficient evidence you can see why the shite think this. The whole episode is a disgrace. In all of this Holgate comes up smelling of roses while Bobby gets a tarnished reputation. It stinks and it stinks of the bullshit and hypocrisy of Holgate and the FA.

No he isn't.

The only way they could find him innocent (or guilty for that matter) is if they first charged him and then conducted a 'trial' so to speak

They didn't charge him because there was not enough evidence to do so...therefore it isn't a case of innocent or guilty.

If the bizzies arrest you and question you they have to then decide whether to charge you, after that then and only then is innocence or guilt decided on.

It staggers me people seem to be struggling to understand this.

• Upvote 2

Any truth in this?

VV

@JDNalton

Replying to @_ChrisBascombe

They deleted a line from the original statement which would have confirmed innocence: "The evidence obtained from the experts did not support the allegation." Very strange.

9:18 AM · Feb 22, 2018

I would let the matter go if I was confident that Everton fans would do the same. Simple fact is they will not. It will become another urban myth for them like the LFC offended by everything bullshit they trot out and actually had stickers made which they stuck to seats in the ARE in that cup game. They spread their lies and their filth all over the net social media and comments sections on the sports page. I do not care what anyone says a very large hard core of Everton fans are convinced Bobby has got off. How in hell can they say that. 12 players interviewed some of them Everton players. The ref right in the middle heard nothing. But it is still a cover up and given the frankly insulting statement from the FA that they found insufficient evidence you can see why the shite think this. The whole episode is a disgrace. In all of this Holgate comes up smelling of roses while Bobby gets a tarnished reputation. It stinks and it stinks of the bullshit and hypocrisy of Holgate and the FA.

So because Everton fans act like knobheads we do too? 

• Upvote 2

Any truth in this?

VV

@JDNalton

Replying to @_ChrisBascombe

They deleted a line from the original statement which would have confirmed innocence: "The evidence obtained from the experts did not support the allegation." Very strange.

9:18 AM · Feb 22, 2018

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/feb/21/fa-roberto-firmino-mason-holgate-investigation-decision-210218

The FA's statement should have read:

"Unfortunately this season's 'Stitch a key Liverpool player up for the second half of the season' event has had to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

We look forward to bringing this much-loved regular feature back at a later date."

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So they investigated both the allegation against Firmino and also historic tweets from Holgate, but declined to do anything about the push over the hoardings that wasn't captured by TV cameras and that nobody saw?

Screw the FA and their "ref saw it" bullshit. Can it be reported to the police as assault?