You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

The FA said they believed him. Everton thanked the FA for acknowledging that. Not sure what else can be done. 

Is essence, The FA are saying that they believe Firminio made a racist comment, (cos they said Holgate was honest) but they cannot prove it.

How anyone can take that from that statement is just unreal. Obviously they're saying they think he misheard. 

Not that it would happen, but it would be nice to have someone from the club come out and welcome the fact that Firmino has been completely vindicated of any suggestion of having made a racist comment.

That statement all sounds very weighted towards Holgate definitely, not, being a malicious lying little fucker who assaulted Bobby by throwing him into the advertising hoardings, and should have had a red card and a three game ban

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Good that it hasn't been dragged out further. Maybe Holgate genuinely thought he'd heard something but obviously nobody else did, but I think he was in full-on arse covering mode once Firmino quite rightly went mental after being shoved into the stand. There has been very little talk in the media about Holgate's role in instigating the fracas with that shove, and since the FA take most of their cues from the media, I doubt they'll have looked into that at all. There have been and will be instances with much lesser severity that the FA will punish with a violent conduct charge. Has Holgate even played for Everton since that game?

• Upvote 1

I want to be as fair as I can, so here goes. 

Holgate thought he heard something racist.

He reacted and complained to the ref.

The incident was investigated thoroughly, and s-l-o-w-l-y.

Firmino did not say anything racist. This is the testimony of linguistic experts, lip readers, players from both sides, and tv footage both seen and unseen by the public.

We move on.

Holgate can save face because he reported what he thought he heard.

Firmino can save face because while he did insult the player (that stuff is ten a penny, every game) there was nothing racist.

So we can all move on.

Apart from the small matter of endangering an opponent with a violent shove over the hoardings. Violent play. Three game ban. Should be an open and shut case, but I doubt anything will happen on that now.

I would be inclined to let the old homophobic tweets go, so long as Holgate publicly admits his error, apologizes, and gives some sort of reassurance that he no longer holds those views. Perhaps the FA could make him attend a course or something?  

• Upvote 1

Firmino did not say anything racist. This is the testimony of linguistic experts, lip readers, players from both sides, and tv footage both seen and unseen by the public.

We move on.

Firmino can save face because while he did insult the player (that stuff is ten a penny, every game) there was nothing racist.

So we can all move on.

Apart from the small matter of endangering an opponent with a violent shove over the hoardings. Violent play. Three game ban. Should be an open and shut case, but I doubt anything will happen on that now.

I would be inclined to let the old homophobic tweets go, so long as Holgate publicly admits his error, apologizes, and gives some sort of reassurance that he no longer holds those views. Perhaps the FA could make him attend a course or something?  

Having seen his defending , maybe joinery might be worth looking at.

We move on.

So we can all move on.

Same as this for me.

davek

davek

Player Valuation: £70m

Forum Supporter

Disgraceful judgement. "Not sufficient" - WTF does that mean? Like saying someone's only a little bit pregnant.

And the statement out of LFC - the club that's up to its elbows in historic acts of racism and industrial scale violence - is a 'kin joke.

Oh, and well done Everton for acting like a bunch of cowards who couldn't give a flying one. Useless, shameful gets.

Great news that Bobby will not face any charges. I thought he would get stiffed. And sorry but I do not agree with the view Bobby has been cleared sufficiently. The FAs statement says there is insufficient evidence to charge him. That leaves wriggle room for all the malcontents in the Everton fanbase and elsewhere. The FA should say he is completely exhonarated and there was no evidence to charge him not that there was insufficient evidence.

• Upvote 1

As predicted a bland statement issued no one blamed after the fuss had died down, The clubs had obviously had the heads up and the players had said nothing nor seemed the least bit arsed that anything would come if it.  Of course the knobheads will analyse the words to support their partisan arguments that their man has been stitched up and the other fella got away with something, Frankly it was the best outcome once the wheels had been set in motion. In truth Firmino probably did gob off in Portugese , Holgate got the wrong end of the stick and over reacted , Once reported it had to run its course,  Utter waste of time all round,

• Upvote 1