You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

ArmaghtoffeePlayer Valuation: £15m

A cynic would say that the media publicity re a Kopite Muslim chant is a stage managed pre-emptive strike against an imminent racism charge.

Beyond parody. A cynic would say blue noses are just cynical conspiracy theorists. I can well remember the televised chants of theirs to John Barnes when he first played in the derby for us. It is quite incomprehensible how they got away with their Everton are white and n***erpool chants.

Beyond parody. A cynic would say blue noses are just cynical conspiracy theorists. I can well remember the televised chants of theirs to John Barnes when he first played in the derby for us. It is quite incomprehensible how they got away with their Everton are white and n***erpool chants.

Take it back further and ask a blue who was at the 66' cup final about the Trebilcock chant

"We've got the best little n***** in the land"

40,000 blues singing that little ditty. 

ArmaghtoffeePlayer Valuation: £15m

A cynic would say that the media publicity re a Kopite Muslim chant is a stage managed pre-emptive strike against an imminent racism charge.

No, a cynic would not say that.  A complete batshit crazy, wacky, demented, deranged, mad as a box of frogs fruitloop would say that.

• Upvote 1

The alleged offence occurred in the first game of the 3rd round and the 5th round is completed tomorrow, Absolutely ridiculous timescales for a situation which basically comes down to ' Is there any available proof '.

Exactly.  As I said earlier, they have to examine 10 seconds of video and get 4 people to answer the question "did you hear anything racist?"

It's taken them, what is it now, over six weeks?

• Upvote 2

Exactly.  As I said earlier, they have to examine 10 seconds of video and get 4 people to answer the question "did you hear anything racist?"

It's taken them, what is it now, over six weeks?

Not only that they took less than a day to dismiss Troy Deeney's double middle finger salute to Chelsea fans recently despite there being clear photographic evidence of what he did. They had previously stitched up Suarez when he was far more discreet when he did it to Fulham fans. How can they really take so long over this ludicrous allegation with Bobby when even the ref said he heard nothing despite being between the two players. I appreciate racism is a far more serious offence but I fail to see how they can even suggest there is a case to answer here after what 4 weeks.

Not only that they took less than a day to dismiss Troy Deeney's double middle finger salute to Chelsea fans recently despite there being clear photographic evidence of what he did. They had previously stitched up Suarez when he was far more discreet when he did it to Fulham fans. How can they really take so long over this ludicrous allegation with Bobby when even the ref said he heard nothing despite being between the two players. I appreciate racism is a far more serious offence but I fail to see how they can even suggest there is a case to answer here after what 4 weeks.

6 weeks. 

What is crystal clear is the violent assault by Holgate on Firmino. It was reckless and dangerous and prompted an understandable reaction. There should be a lengthy ban for that.

What else is clear are the nasty tweets Holgate made a few years ago. Increase the ban for that. You live by the sword you die by the sword fella.

What is unclear is any racist abuse from Firmino. If they had anything it would have been produced and action taken. Case dismissed for lack of evidence either way.

Unfairly, they may decide to give Firmino a small ban for foul and abusive language. If they do that then it’s open season on many players in every game.

• Upvote 2

All this racism shit have gone to far. A couple of examples from Denmark.

Liqoirice with heads resembling Zulu heads. Not allowed anymore got changed to something undefinable. No malice in that whatsoever. Just candy, unreal.

We had something made of soft marshmallows with Melted chocolate around it. Been called Black kisses for 100 years. Not allowed anymore, just candy/cake.

Same Company that makes them used to be called Sambo is now called Samba as Sambo is deemed racist.

We had a chocolate milk called Congo beer. Deemed racist and was put out of business, Got bought by the Company that makes Cocio.

What in the hell is wrong with the world. How can candy, cake and beverages be racist ? No malice in that. Been called it ages.

Not racist related but licourice pipes almost got banned because of it would encourage young people to smoke.

This is turning into a fucking joke.

What about renaming crackers ? Thats racist aswell in the same content racist wise.

Negged for using the term "candy"

• Upvote 4

All this racism shit have gone to far. A couple of examples from Denmark...

That's the real problem with racism in the world. Forget the millions of incidents of verbal and physical assault every year; forget the many examples of systemic prejudice that denies people access to jobs, decent housing, education, fair wages and justice; forget the genocidal attacks against the Rohingya and the Kurds; the real problem is that some sweets in Denmark changed their name.

That whole post really is one of the stupidest things I've ever read about racism.

• Upvote 6

Take it back further and ask a blue who was at the 66' cup final about the Trebilcock chant

"We've got the best little n***** in the land"

40,000 blues singing that little ditty. 

Sadly,the year before there was as many Liverpool fans singing "Co Co Pops" at the Leeds winger Albert Johannson (  referring to a monkey used to advertise a breakfast cereal of the time)

What is crystal clear is the violent assault by Holgate on Firmino. It was reckless and dangerous and prompted an understandable reaction. There should be a lengthy ban for that.

What else is clear are the nasty tweets Holgate made a few years ago. Increase the ban for that. You live by the sword you die by the sword fella.

What is unclear is any racist abuse from Firmino. If they had anything it would have been produced and action taken. Case dismissed for lack of evidence either way.

Unfairly, they may decide to give Firmino a small ban for foul and abusive language. If they do that then it’s open season on many players in every game.

Then they'll probably have to do Holeface as well because I guarantee his reply to Firmino wouldn't have been "I say old chap, steady up.  Whatever is the problem ?"

And he would have been bellowing it in the referee's ear as well, so it wouldn't have been missed or misheard.

What's good for the goose and all that.

No, a cynic would not say that.  A complete batshit crazy, wacky, demented, deranged, mad as a box of frogs fruitloop would say that.

And yet Donald Trump has remained oddly silent on the matter. Mind you, he comes across as a voice of reason when compared to the average GOT forumite.

• Upvote 1

By 'open season', I take it you mean that it begins and ends with a Liverpool player being done. Just like all those other FA clampdowns.