Quantcast
Firmino Racism Allegations - Page 38 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Firmino Racism Allegations

Aah... When I first read about it, I thought the inference was that the nose-pegging itself was being taken as a racist gesture.

Why do nobheads have to make their insults racist?*  If John Terry had just called Anton Ferdinand a "fucking cunt" (with no extra adjective) that would have been an end to it; same with calling someone a "smelly bastard".

*Possibly because they're nobheads.  And racist.

• Upvote 1

The allegation was that Rodriguez called him a smelly black bastard or words to that effect.

I hope you covered your mouth when you said that?

I still don't know why calling a black player "black" is racist.

Is it not a discriptor? Like tall, white, Asian, Irish, fat, Italian, Scouse?

Unless the person on the receiving end thinks there's something wrong with being black themselves?!

I'm a short, fat, white, Irishman...and probably a cunt to boot. The cunt part is subjective, which is the part I'd take offence to. The rest of it is factually correct.

In the Rodriguez thing, we don't know if Bong is smelly and we don't know if he's a bastard. The only thing we know for definite is he's black.

• Downvote 3

I still don't know why calling a black player "black" is racist.

Is it not a discriptor? Like tall, white, Asian, Irish, fat, Italian, Scouse?

Unless the person on the receiving end thinks there's something wrong with being black themselves?!

I'm a short, fat, white, Irishman...and probably a cunt to boot. The cunt part is subjective, which is the part I'd take offence to. The rest of it is factually correct.

In the Rodriguez thing, we don't know if Bong is smelly and we don't know if he's a bastard. The only thing we know for definite is he's black.

If he called him a smelly bastard it would be fine but using the word 'black' before it, could be interpreted that he think's the person's race is a reason for him being a smelly bastard, which is a racial slur.
  • Upvote 1

What if someone called you a smelly white bastard - is that racist?

Assuming you are white -- thinking only a white fella would call himself Elite. Oohhh!!

Yes it would be racist.

And I am no Elitist despite the name!

If he called him a smelly bastard it would be fine but using the word 'black' before it, could be interpreted that he think's the person's race is a reason for him being a smelly bastard, which is a racial slur.

Is correct,  

Yes it would be racist.

And I am no Elitist despite the name!

What if someone called you a handsome white man? Is that racist?

I’m genuinely interested like. And maybe I’m naive, but I genuinely don’t understand this skin colour racism.

Derogatory terms based on ethnicity, obviously racist.

What if someone called you a handsome white man? Is that racist?

I’m genuinely interested like. And maybe I’m naive, but I genuinely don’t understand this skin colour racism.

Derogatory terms based on ethnicity, obviously racist.

Handsome isn't a negative term though but I understand your point, things can misconstrued despite there being no intended malice.

Handsome isn't a negative term though but I understand your point, things can misconstrued despite there being no intended malice.

So racism isn’t just mentioning someone’s race? There has to be an associated insult?

So racism isn’t just mentioning someone’s race? There has to be an associated insult?

Calling someone a cunt isn’t racist. Calling someone a black cunt is racist. Also some words are just inherently racist e.g., gook, nigger, paki, kike, etc. Do you agree?

• Upvote 1

Calling someone a cunt isn’t racist. Calling someone a black cunt is racist. Also some words are just inherently racist e.g., gook, nigger, paki, kike, etc. Do you agree?

It's not that I agree or disagree.

I understand how the inherently racist terms are inherently racist, because they're insults based purely on some race or skin colour. Like the list you provided. All blatantly racist.

I don't understand how you can insult somebody "normally" by calling them a cunt, but then you're a racist because you mentioned they're white whilst calling them a cunt.

It's not that I agree or disagree.

I understand how the inherently racist terms are inherently racist, because they're insults based purely on some race or skin colour. Like the list you provided. All blatantly racist.

I don't understand how you can insult somebody "normally" by calling them a cunt, but then you're a racist because you mentioned they're white whilst calling them a cunt.

If you’re comfortable using someone’s ethnicity or skin colour in an insult, then I’m afraid you’re racist Lario. Not you you... obviously, ‘one’.

Say if you’re out and about at a pub in North London, and you overheard someone saying “Jewish cunt”, surely you’d squirm.. wouldn’t you?

• Upvote 2