You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

This really is dragging on. If they ban him they'll likely do it just before the close of the window allowing us fuck all time to get a replacement.

We knew Coutinho was off and both keepers were shite last summer and didn't line up any replacements . I doubt the timing of any ban for Firmino will impact on our recruitment policy which grinds along permanently in 1st gear. 

Did anyone see the Rio Ferdinand thing on BT on Saturday, I only seen a bit but the bit I seen he was saying that how do you expect any black players to report racism because when they do well drag up old tweets and be charged for that instead.

Dickheads like him make the whole situation worse, Firmino hasn’t been found guilty yet never mind charged but Rio fucking Ferdinand has already basically told the world that Firminos guilty because Holgate wouldn’t be lying about it and now after racially abused he’s the one being charged, how can all these people in the media keep saying things like that and have no repercussions when there’s no evidence at all at the moment that Bobby did anything wrong?

Did anyone see the Rio Ferdinand thing on BT on Saturday, I only seen a bit but the bit I seen he was saying that how do you expect any black players to report racism because when they do well drag up old tweets and be charged for that instead.

Dickheads like him make the whole situation worse, Firmino hasn’t been found guilty yet never mind charged but Rio fucking Ferdinand has already basically told the world that Firminos guilty because Holgate wouldn’t be lying about it and now after racially abused he’s the one being charged, how can all these people in the media keep saying things like that and have no repercussions when there’s no evidence at all at the moment that Bobby did anything wrong?

He should stick to poking his tongue out

jar-jar-binks.jpg?itok=sdBHP_cD

He’s an arsehole when it comes to any controversial incidents, usually his opinion depends on who he can stick the boot into the most. I can’t believe hes complaining about the lack of support Holgates had after being racial abused despite the fact nobody has proved he actually has. I bet if it comes out that Firmino hasn’t done anything wrong, Ferdinand will say that Holgate must have heard him wrong, that is if he even mentions it again after that.

He’s an arsehole when it comes to any controversial incidents, usually his opinion depends on who he can stick the boot into the most. I can’t believe hes complaining about the lack of support Holgates had after being racial abused despite the fact nobody has proved he actually has. I bet if it comes out that Firmino hasn’t done anything wrong, Ferdinand will say that Holgate must have heard him wrong, that is if he even mentions it again after that.

I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't say that and think you have missed the point.

What he actually said bears little resemblance to your representation of it:-

"I'm not saying Mason Holgate is right or wrong, or that Firmino is right or wrong, the powers that be will decide that.

"But, when a case like this comes along, people like Kick It Out, Show Racism The Red Card, the PFA, they need to be the first ones knocking on these boys' doors for support."

I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't say that and think you have missed the point.

What he actually said bears little resemblance to your representation of it:-

"I'm not saying Mason Holgate is right or wrong, or that Firmino is right or wrong, the powers that be will decide that.

"But, when a case like this comes along, people like Kick It Out, Show Racism The Red Card, the PFA, they need to be the first ones knocking on these boys' doors for support."

Facts pah.  He played for the Mancs, case closed 

Here's the full video if anyone wants to watch it, rather than read the warped take on it on this page.

Before Rio Ferdinand gives his view, he makes the effort of pointing out that he's not saying Firmino or Holgate are right or wrong.  He merely thinks the players (both Firmino and Holgate) need the support of a representative body.

They also talk a bit about Rhian Brewster.

http://www.givemesport.com/1240810-rio-ferdinand-explains-what-should-happen-after-mason-holgate-and-roberto-firmino-incident

• Upvote 3

I see the FA have managed to clear the Phil Neville tweets in less than 24 hours.

This is what's got me worried.

tThe FA getting loads of stick over appointing someone with no experience then the tweets, what better way to make bad news go away than charging a high profile player with a racism allegation.