You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Unrelated to the racism allegations, but I love these "he was 15 when he tweeted those awful things, that's just what 15 year old's do" defense for the homophobic tweets. Facebook and Twitter were around when I was 15 and I never even came close to posting slurs. I don't know anyone else who has either. This isn't such a common thing. He's just a dick.

Maybe so. Having said that, when I was 16-18 the internet was a pretty new thing so no social media, but I definitely said racist and homophobic things.

And I was a fairly intelligent kid from a decent family who should've known better.

I think taking up posts from when he was a kid is pretty pathetic, though now it's happened he should front up to it, say it was wrong and that he was a bit of a dope and doesn't use language like that anymore, etc. And that should be that.

Maybe so. Having said that, when I was 16-18 the internet was a pretty new thing so no social media, but I definitely said racist and homophobic things.

And I was a fairly intelligent kid from a decent family who should've known better.

I think taking up posts from when he was a kid is pretty pathetic, though now it's happened he should front up to it, say it was wrong and that he was a bit of a dope and doesn't use language like that anymore, etc. And that should be that.

Yes, but Holgate is born in 96. In no time in his life would the internet have been a new or hard to understand thing for him. I was born two years earlier than him and was told time and time again at school and by my parents of the dangers of social media and what you shouldn't do. I know for a fact this is something that is taught to kids these days.

I think the way in which the tweets came to light are unfortunate, but he's got no excuse. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, but Holgate is born in 96. In no time in his life would the internet have been a new or hard to understand thing for him. I was born two years earlier than him and was told time and time again at school and by my parents of the dangers of social media and what you shouldn't do. I know for a fact this is something that is taught to kids these days.

I think the way in which the tweets came to light are unfortunate, but he's got no excuse.

I agree and disagree. Clearly he shouldn't have written them down and should have been aware that once he has it is there in public as a reflection on him, but I shouldn't have said the things I said. I still did.

My view is not that he should go without criticism - I should be criticised for what I said - but he should front up to it, accept it was wrong and that he both regrets it and doesn't use that language now - and that should be the end of the matter unless he does something similar from here on in.

This is one of those things that's going to be mythologised and distorted beyond any semblance of reality in 20 years time by the bitters.

"Son, i was there when that rat Firmino said the N word 20 times to Mason Holgate, right in his face, and the ref did nothin' because he was a kopite, and Firmino marched towards our fans and did a nazi salute at the end of the game and all the kopites cheered son. Horrible bastards. That's why we hate dem lot."

• Upvote 4

What had Moshri said that's racist?

Claimed that Lukaku left cause his mum told him about a voodoo curse and he had to join Chelsea

Lukaku is fucked off as a Catholic saying he does not believe in voodoo and threatening legal action

Claimed that Lukaku left cause his mum told him about a voodoo curse and he had to join Chelsea

Lukaku is fucked off as a Catholic saying he does not believe in voodoo and threatening legal action

Be cheaper just to get his ma to put the bad joojoo on the cunt

• Upvote 2

More playing to old imperialist type stereotypes really. Silly Africans and there superstitions like voodoo.

Pissed Lukaku off either way

I’m assuming Moshiri is telling the truth, not making it up!

If he’s made it up then how bizarre! If you mention voodoo does that mean you think that someone with black skin is inferior in any way?

This is one of those things that's going to be mythologised and distorted beyond any semblance of reality in 20 years time by the bitters.

"Son, i was there when that rat Firmino said the N word 20 times to Mason Holgate, right in his face, and the ref did nothin' because he was a kopite, and Firmino marched towards our fans and did a nazi salute at the end of the game and all the kopites cheered son. Horrible bastards. That's why we hate dem lot."

Then he had a cup of tea with the ref afterwards with Collina, Clive Thomas and Clattenberg.

I’m assuming Moshiri is telling the truth, not making it up!

If he’s made it up then how bizarre! If you mention voodoo does that mean you think that someone with black skin is inferior in any way?

At a stretch it could imply that black Africans are superstitious, ruled by their tribal religions, and incapable of making decisions for themselves.

But that's at a stretch.

At a stretch it could imply that black Africans are superstitious, ruled by their tribal religions, and incapable of making decisions for themselves.

But that's at a stretch.

You get all that from Voodoo? Fucking hell I need to do some reading!

I always thought it was just a cultural thing, different people do different things and all that. I bet some of our British habits are pretty fucking weird to some people abroad.