You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Holgate said "he called me a fucking n***er". Nothing lost in translation, he says those exact words to the ref.

However, if he heard these exact words, then EVERYONE in the vicinity would have picked up on this immediately and the reaction from Lallana, Robertson, Kenny and more importantly, the ref would have been totally different. 

Holgate is lying and has used this to get out of a red card for his cowardly playing to the rabid gallery push on Firmino.

That’s why we need to wait and see what the potential witnesses heard. Without that information it’s all just speculative bullshit isn’t it?

What potential witness? What is the need for that? What would this person have heard that Madley, who was literally in between Firmino and Holgate, wouldn't have? 

Putting aside the fact that the words have already been translated by lip readers, that he's supposedly called him a son of a whore. At the point where Holgate reacts the Ref is closer than nearly everyone.

When Holgate goes to the ref afterwards and says did you hear that, you can see the ref say i didnt hear anything, and then Holgate looks away.

Going by that video id be very surprised if Maddely says he heard anything racist in his report, so it would then come down to was something heard in his mic.

The other thing nobody has mentioned is pitchside mic's as they are near the touchline, so i presume nothing was picked up by them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Holgate say he'd been called a n****r?

If so, are you telling me that Firmino has been living and working in this country for 2.5 years and doesn't know what n****r means?

Sorry, not buying it!

Beyond comprehension. You have starred out a word and yet you think Bobby is familiar with it after being here 2.5 years. Tell me how often do you hear 'nigger' said in everyday language here in the UK?

People have gone out of their way to help you yet you post this as some sort of going away present? Makes no sense whatsoever unless you are on a complete wind up about everything. 

Jesus, what is wrong with you? "Going away present" fucking hell. He's entitled to post what he believes without his depression being thrown into his face. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Jesus, what is wrong with you? "Going away present" fucking hell. He's entitled to post what he believes without his depression being thrown into his face. 

It was him who said at the end of his post he'll fuck off for good, plus I'm sure CS is capable of explaining himself without you playing sticking your nose in. 

Pretty sure if he called him 'n****' as suggested by Holgate then Madley would have heard it.

And the Mirror would not be running the story it is currently running. Holgate may have genuinely misheard as well. I am white so I am not going to judge him if he is more suspicious.

Did the ref say I haven't heard anything or did he say he never heard Bobby say that?

If the ref report is 'Holgate believed Bobby used n*****, but I did not hear this. Then how can it feasibly go any further?

We know both the above happened as it is on TV.

Beyond comprehension. You have starred out a word and yet you think Bobby is familiar with it after being here 2.5 years. Tell me how often do you hear 'nigger' said in everyday language here in the UK?

Not very often, and maybe I'm giving language tutors too much credit here, but surely when you're teaching a language to foreigners you teach them words to avoid?

I know if I was living abroad and learning the local language I'd want to know what not to say!

My two cents.

Firmino is guilty imho.

Unfortunately, whatever he's said can't be lip read from the angle of that camera as Kenny's head blocks view!

Whatever he has said has offended Mason Holgate massively!

Holgate should have been booked at least for the shove which was disgraceful, but Bob should have kept his mouth shut.

I can see a 10 game ban here, and the reputation of the club and the fans dragged through the septic tank again.

I promise I'll fuck off for good now!!

Two cents is over the odds for that.

Apart from Holgate's accusations, there is nothing to suggest that anything racist was said by anyone.

The going rate for one count of racist abuse (if John Terry is anything to go by) is 4 games, not 10.

Guest Pistonbroke

Not very often, and maybe I'm giving language tutors too much credit here, but surely when you're teaching a language to foreigners you teach them words to avoid?

I know if I was living abroad and learning the local language I'd want to know what not to say!

There is no proof that he has said it, the referee and players around the incident would seem to back this up. The only person to claim that is what he has said is Holgate, who wasn't as close to the moment he claimed it was said as three other players and the referee. 

What potential witness? What is the need for that? What would this person have heard that Madley, who was literally in between Firmino and Holgate, wouldn't have?

Because Kenny and Lallana were actually closer to Firmino when he allegedly said something. Look at the video on the previous page.

You can see that when Kenny’s head moves out of the way, whatever Firmino said looked to have ended with an “o”.

If the FA want to discuss the matter then we should refuse to take part until Holgate has been given a suspension and ban for the assault.

FWIW, I don’t think he said anything.

Lallana has his eyes on Madley while stood right next RF, and I think that Lallana would have been shocked to hear ‘nigger’ and we would have clocked a facial reaction at that point. He didn’t flinch, neither did Kenny.

Secondly, this all happened in the 40th minute, and I think Klopp would have subbed him at HT if he had learnt that he did actually say it.

Thirdly, Holgate is too laid back about the whole thing. He gets initially ‘upset’ but seems very quick to calm down and by the restart he’s actually stood next to Firmino. You can see Lallana come over and say something to MH to which he made an odd reaction, sort of a shrug.

Because Kenny and Lallana were actually closer to Firmino when he allegedly said something. Look at the video on the previous page.

You can see that when Kenny’s head moves out of the way, whatever Firmino said looked to have ended with an “o”.

So does Bobbys last name. He may have said no one fucks about with Firmino