You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Guest Pistonbroke

This gif might help to keep things ticking along.

P2IVzDP.gif

Bang goes the allegations that Kenny's head got in the way of proceedings. As in the other players/ref around the incident

Bang goes the allegations that Kenny's head got in the way of proceedings. As in the other players/ref around the incident

Where have you seen that suggested? I'm not sure it was even in question, more that Firmino's face is obscured from the camera angles (so far).

Guest Pistonbroke

Madley and Kenny are both closer to Firmino than Holgate is.

Neither of them react in any way, shape or form to anything in that split second where Firmino's face is hidden and Holgate loses his shit.

Have you noticed how Holgate waited until the refs head was turned before claiming he had been racially abused? 

For me, he definitely says something when Kenny's head is there.

But, nobody apart from Holgate reacts. Neither Kenny or Lallana react. Nor the ref. He's right by Firmino. I won't pre-empt the outcome but you'd like to think that the ref would've heard if Firmino used a racist term. Is it too much to read into the ref's statement that he received an allegation of racist language, rather than him actually stating that he heard it himself and duly reported it? You'd imagine cards would be out if the ref heard anything.

Guest Pistonbroke

Where have you seen that suggested? I'm not sure it was even in question, more that Firmino's face is obscured from the camera angles (so far).

Other posters saying what the bitters are on about, don#t take it I was on about you, I couldn't give a fuck about you. 

For me, he definitely says something when Kenny's head is there.

But, nobody apart from Holgate reacts. Neither Kenny or Lallana react. Nor the ref. He's right by Firmino. I won't pre-empt the outcome but you'd like to think that the ref would've heard if Firmino used a racist term. Is it too much to read into the ref's statement that he received an allegation of racist language, rather than him actually stating that he heard it himself and duly reported it? You'd imagine cards would be out if the ref heard anything.

The referee didn't hear it, I don't think, otherwise there would surely have been some immediate action against Firmino. He was just reporting the allegation.

Guest Pistonbroke

Okaaaaay. Sorry for asking a genuine question. You can get back in your box now.

Ditto, you do realise you've been jumping on posts throughout this thread though. Rhetorical BTW, have a nice day. 

A stupid question which may have been answered elsewhere, but what race is Firmino?

Human. That's why the Bitters don't like him.

I think Firmino's ma is black. Certainly, his skin colour is about the same as Holgate's, so it would be wacky (even by racist standards) if he'd insulted him on that.

Maybe he insulted the colour of his teeth.

• Upvote 2

A stupid question which may have been answered elsewhere, but what race is Firmino?

If he lost his rag with a black or a mixed race player would he necessarily go for the racial slur?

I would guess, a mix of white European, black African and native South American. Almost half of Brazilians have that ethnic mix:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardo_Brazilians

• Upvote 1

It would be caught on the mic, what a load of shit, bobby seems to hear what Holgate says by his facial reaction..

They do not record conversations and it depends on the mics range on the bubble around the ref it picks up which Id suggest is no more than a few feet. I am not talking about the transmission distance as clearly that has to cover one side of the pitch to the other.

Guest Pistonbroke

I think Firmino's ma is black. Certainly, his skin colour is about the same as Holgate's, so it would be wacky (even by racist standards) if he'd insulted him on that.

She is slightly paler than him mate.

firmnho-mother-png-0-11166500-1498049301

So is his father

Roberto-Firminos-Parents.png?resize=570%

Just read a bit of Firmino's Wiki and he was discovered by a Dentist.

Reading the FA guidelines in Nelly-Torres' post it says that if Madley never fully heard what was said, but he is clearly a yard nearer to Firmino than Holgate and close enough to have both hands on him, so can't see how he could say he never heard what he was saying.

While I don't trust the FA , I can't see how ( unless they are provided with a lip-read translation proving guilt ) that 3 people could unanimously agree that there is a case to answer.

With particularly the subsequent revelations around Holgate's past tweets , I am hoping that the allegations are withdrawn as a mistaken hearing issue and the case fizzles out. Noticed that the story has disappeared completely from the BBC Sport website so hopefully they may have heard something.

Madley's report will have to say he didn't hear anything, because if he did hear it and did nothing, he'd be in as much trouble as Firmino. If Firmino said what Holgate claimed, any right thinking individual would have sent him off on the spot.

Madley is a terrible referee but there's no reason to think he isn't a decent human being, and no decent human being would stand for that.

Reading the FA guidelines in Nelly-Torres' post it says that if Madley never fully heard what was said, but he is clearly a yard nearer to Firmino than Holgate and close enough to have both hands on him, so can't see how he could say he never heard what he was saying.

While I don't trust the FA , I can't see how ( unless they are provided with a lip-read translation proving guilt ) that 3 people could unanimously agree that there is a case to answer.

With particularly the subsequent revelations around Holgate's past tweets , I am hoping that the allegations are withdrawn as a mistaken hearing issue and the case fizzles out. Noticed that the story has disappeared completely from the BBC Sport website so hopefully they may have heard something.

Still very much on the BBC site. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42587318