You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Andy Dunn of the Daily Mirror has it spot on.

The FA statement announcing the findings of the RF/ MH incident probably had to be delicate.

' Having considered all of the available evidence we consider it not to raise a charge '

What about simply saying Firmino is innocent , which the inquiry has found him to be .

If he had not been charged and tried how could he be innocent or guilty ? Its like the CPS finding insufficient evidence to charge a suspect.  I would accept the FA should have made it clearer and explained this important nuance

There seemed to be a surfeit of evidence pointing one way & only one man's hearing pointing the other way.

I understand the sensitivities around wanting people to feel confident to come forward with allegations , but in view of the weight of evidence I would have found their statement underwhelming if I was Bobby & subsequently hearing they deliberately removed a sentence which reflected this is a tad worrying.

There seemed to be a surfeit of evidence pointing one way & only one man's hearing pointing the other way.

I understand the sensitivities around wanting people to feel confident to come forward with allegations , but in view of the weight of evidence I would have found their statement underwhelming if I was Bobby & subsequently hearing they deliberately removed a sentence which reflected this is a tad worrying.

This time I genuinely believe there was no sub-plot or hidden agenda with the FA,  I agree with you their statement could have a been better but I guess their objective was to get it off their plate quietly without pissing off too many people once it was clear there was no case to answer, 

They are so scared to look like they don't take racism seriously in this overly PC age (and the UK is probably the worst perpetrators of this bullshit these days) that even when the allegations are obviously false they are too scared to say that the allegations have no merit so saying "there was insufficient evidence and we believe they were made in good conscience" and dragging it on for ridiculously longer than necessary is a way of placating to the overly sensitive types just looking for something to fight against. 

It's so ridiculous. The "R word" is the new scarlet letter. 

• Upvote 5

Can this thread not be banished now. Even having Racism Allegations in the title does the guy a disservice. Stick to the Firmino thread and let's all praise his brilliance and beautiful teeth.

Where will the GOT watchers post all the Bitter bollocks idiots post over there ?

Just nipped over to the bobby thread on GOT. Fuck. Ing. Hell.

Delusional.

Or thick?

Particularly that Davek one.

He's clinging to the "insufficient evidence" line, thinking it means there was something that showed Firmino to have been racist, but that there was more evidence that didn't or left the case open.

He's completely misunderstood the process involved. He's making out like Firmino has got off on a technicality. Nonsense. It didn't even get that far. There was simply no case to answer. That's why he wasn't even charged. If there was even a hint that Firmino had used racist language, given the FA's low standard of proof and their infamous "sliding scale" from the Suarez case, then they would've brought a charge.

And, the reason why thick Davek has reached his conclusions is because he doesn't understand that evidence is a word AND a distinct legal term and that "evidence" in a legal context doesn't mean proof, substantiation, corroboration etc.

The FA didn't say that there was "no evidence" because that wasn't the case. Holgate's statement is evidence. His responses to any questioning on his statement is evidence. I've advocated in court a few times and in cases I've won the judge/the other side asked the appellant "do you wish to submit your statement as evidence."

By winning the case, it often means that the judge didn't believe the apellants evidence. But. It's. Still. Fucking. Evidence.

You can face criminal culpability for giving false evidence. It's. Still. Evidence. If. It's. Not. True. Or. Accurate.

I doubt we'll get more published from the FA so as to explain why they didn't charge Firmino. It's not usual for such reasoning to be published. But, it very much looks like a case of it being Holgate's "evidence" against everybody else's, including his own team mates, and that Firmino is entirely innocent.

I can't accept that. It's inconceivable that Mike Phelan could be so pissy.

Eh5bzsR.jpg

That Manc is the most Manc looking Manc I have ever seen.

He's the perfect visual definition.  Moustache optional (depending on which era he's a decade behind).