You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Yes it would be racist.

And I am no Elitist despite the name!

What if someone called you a handsome white man? Is that racist?

I’m genuinely interested like. And maybe I’m naive, but I genuinely don’t understand this skin colour racism.

Derogatory terms based on ethnicity, obviously racist.

What if someone called you a handsome white man? Is that racist?

I’m genuinely interested like. And maybe I’m naive, but I genuinely don’t understand this skin colour racism.

Derogatory terms based on ethnicity, obviously racist.

Handsome isn't a negative term though but I understand your point, things can misconstrued despite there being no intended malice.

So racism isn’t just mentioning someone’s race? There has to be an associated insult?

Calling someone a cunt isn’t racist. Calling someone a black cunt is racist. Also some words are just inherently racist e.g., gook, nigger, paki, kike, etc. Do you agree?

• Upvote 1

Calling someone a cunt isn’t racist. Calling someone a black cunt is racist. Also some words are just inherently racist e.g., gook, nigger, paki, kike, etc. Do you agree?

It's not that I agree or disagree.

I understand how the inherently racist terms are inherently racist, because they're insults based purely on some race or skin colour. Like the list you provided. All blatantly racist.

I don't understand how you can insult somebody "normally" by calling them a cunt, but then you're a racist because you mentioned they're white whilst calling them a cunt.

It's not that I agree or disagree.

I understand how the inherently racist terms are inherently racist, because they're insults based purely on some race or skin colour. Like the list you provided. All blatantly racist.

I don't understand how you can insult somebody "normally" by calling them a cunt, but then you're a racist because you mentioned they're white whilst calling them a cunt.

If you’re comfortable using someone’s ethnicity or skin colour in an insult, then I’m afraid you’re racist Lario. Not you you... obviously, ‘one’.

Say if you’re out and about at a pub in North London, and you overheard someone saying “Jewish cunt”, surely you’d squirm.. wouldn’t you?

• Upvote 2

If you’re comfortable using someone’s ethnicity or skin colour in an insult, then I’m afraid you’re racist Lario. Not you you... obviously, ‘one’.

Say if you’re out and about at a pub in North London, and you overheard someone saying “Jewish cunt”, surely you’d squirm.. wouldn’t you?

Like Jockey said, it'd depend on the context.

If it was a bunch of Jewish lads having a laugh, and one of them said it to another, is that racist?

And that's what I'm trying to understand.

Is mentioning someone's skin colour racist, or does there have to be an associated insult?

Oh, and thanks for the negs lads. Yere tolorence for someone's lack of understanding is heartwarming.

• Upvote 1

Understand that the reaction (out of guilt more than anything) has nothing to do at all with understanding the issue.

Of course black fellas call each other niggers - and they do it in person, online/ on record over and over every day.

Of course Asian girls/guys name their online personas w Gook in the title. With pride.

Of course Jews call themselves Yids -- they fuckin sing about it week after week. All over the world.

It is only self righteous white folk who don't get it and run skittish anytime certain words are brought into the conversation. Which ironically keeps them from participating in it - but at least they are not racist.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Oh, and thanks for the negs lads. Yere tolorence for someone's lack of understanding is heartwarming.

You're most welcome.

For what it's worth I negged you because you've been at it throughout this thread.  You have decided that Mason Holgate is "thick as two short planks" based on... what exactly?  Did you go to school with him?

You're playing the fool.  "Ooh, ooh, I don't understand racism.  Someone please explain".  Work it out for yourself and spare us the word mincing. 

Taken as a whole your posts throughout this thread make you come across as an apologist for racists.  It's not a good look and makes Liverpool fans look stupid, should any casual observer take your posts to be representative of the fans as a whole. 

• Upvote 7

Taken as a whole your posts throughout this thread make you come across as a racist apologist.  It's not a good look and makes Liverpool fans look stupid, should any casual observer take your posts to be representative of the fans as a whole. 

But should any casual observer take Lario's posts to be doing that, then they'd be generalising our fans on the basis of one fan's posts on the internet... and that would mean and prove fuck all.

What Lario posts on here says nothing about any other Liverpool fan, or Liverpool fans in general - and it certainly doesn't speak for you, for example, does it?

Any casual observer thinking it does would be a shit-stirring twat.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Same way we can call someone a cunt in good humour and affection, and call someone a cunt because you think they are.

It is the context!

Here’s another thing, why is being a “cunt” a bad thing? We all entered the world through one, and I’m sure many people have enjoyed a fine experience or two with a cunt prominently involved.

You could say it’s a sign of the inherent misogyny of western society, that the female sexual organ has become used as a denegration, but the cock and dick are similarly used, if not quite as harsh.

Understand that the reaction (out of guilt more than anything) has nothing to do at all with understanding the issue.

Of course black fellas call each other niggers - and they do it in person, online/ on record over and over every day.

Of course Asian girls/guys name their online personas w Gook in the title. With pride.

Of course Jews call themselves Yids -- they fuckin sing about it week after week. All over the world.

It is only self righteous white folk who don't get it and run skittish anytime certain words are brought into the conversation. Which ironically keeps them from participating in it - but at least they are not racist.

This is to completely misunderstand power dynamics and human psychology. If someone holds power over you structurally and with extreme words, you work to reduce that power in any way possible. Reclaiming the extreme words for your own use helps reduce their psychological toll. Hence women calling themselves "b*tches" or "fat". In order to take a purely theoretical, logic-based approach to the situation as you are doing is to ignore human psychology because the topic is unemotional for you in a way it isn't for them.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You're most welcome.

For what it's worth I negged you because you've been at it throughout this thread. You have decided that Mason Holgate is "thick as two short planks" based on... what exactly? Did you go to school with him?

You're playing the fool. "Ooh, ooh, I don't understand racism. Someone please explain". Work it out for yourself and spare us the word mincing.

Taken as a whole your posts throughout this thread make you come across as an apologist for racists. It's not a good look and makes Liverpool fans look stupid, should any casual observer take your posts to be representative of the fans as a whole.

I don't think any casual observer would take my posts as representative, seeing as we have all knowing, self righteous pricks like you patrolling things.

And I'm not saying I don't understand racism. In fact, I've already mentioned in reply to aRdja that term like nigger, gook, etc. are most obviously and inherently racist.

It's the intricacies I don't get.

Mention someone's colour, not racist?

Mention someone's colour with an insult, racist?

Mention someone's colour with a compliment, racist?

Or are there no intricacies, and it's all racist?

And for any casual observers that may be looking on, all my posts are mine and mine alone. They, in no way, represent all Liverpool fans.

• Upvote 3

And I'm not saying I don't understand racism. In fact, I've already mentioned in reply to aRdja that term like nigger, gook, etc. are most obviously and inherently racist.

Not that obvious. The Howie Lama doesn’t think the word nigger is racist, because African American rappers use it liberally.

• Upvote 1