You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

The FA only charge you once they are going to find you guilty. Jay's got little chance unless he personally takes the legal route against the opposition player I'm guessing.

Not sure that would do much

Think he would have to put a case up against the FA and have a injunction against a suspension

What are the club doing about this? They should be putting pressure on them publically to either charge him or fuck off, how can a case a week afterwards be dealt with but Firmino is left hanging.

Definitely waiting for some big news so they can release a statement saying no charge under the radar.

The whole thing is going nowhere and the club are doing the right thing in not stirring the shit,

No charges have been issued and there is no time frame to "reviewing the incident". I daresay behind the scenes there have been conversations and judging from lack of concern by the player or the club the whole thing will slip quietly off the radar shortly with some bland statement to say the FA wont be issuing any charges. Really not worth getting upset about and certainly not worth publicly backing the FA into a corner over, 

• Upvote 1

Surely with the loaning out of Sturridge the club have some inside information that he's not getting charged. They wouldn't leave us so short of strikers if they knew there was a high possibility we'd be losing Firmino for a month or two. You'd hope that'd be the case anyway.

• Upvote 2

Surely with the loaning out of Sturridge the club have some inside information that he's not getting charged. They wouldn't leave us so short of strikers if they knew there was a high possibility we'd be losing Firmino for a month or two. You'd hope that'd be the case anyway.

As if we'd plan like that.

• Upvote 1

Ahhh you sweet naïve little thing...........

• Upvote 1

The Rodriguez incident seemed fairly innocuous. I'm obviously not a professional lip reader, but he didn't appear to say anything. If he's been charged purely based on his smelly breath gesture, then that's a bit dodgy and you fully understand why Rodriguez isn't just accepting it.

This has made me a bit nervous about Firmino now.

He hasn't been charged based on a gesture - Bong alleges that words were used. 

Aah... When I first read about it, I thought the inference was that the nose-pegging itself was being taken as a racist gesture.

Why do nobheads have to make their insults racist?*  If John Terry had just called Anton Ferdinand a "fucking cunt" (with no extra adjective) that would have been an end to it; same with calling someone a "smelly bastard".

*Possibly because they're nobheads.  And racist.

• Upvote 1

I still don't know why calling a black player "black" is racist.

Is it not a discriptor? Like tall, white, Asian, Irish, fat, Italian, Scouse?

Unless the person on the receiving end thinks there's something wrong with being black themselves?!

I'm a short, fat, white, Irishman...and probably a cunt to boot. The cunt part is subjective, which is the part I'd take offence to. The rest of it is factually correct.

In the Rodriguez thing, we don't know if Bong is smelly and we don't know if he's a bastard. The only thing we know for definite is he's black.

• Downvote 3

I still don't know why calling a black player "black" is racist.

Is it not a discriptor? Like tall, white, Asian, Irish, fat, Italian, Scouse?

Unless the person on the receiving end thinks there's something wrong with being black themselves?!

I'm a short, fat, white, Irishman...and probably a cunt to boot. The cunt part is subjective, which is the part I'd take offence to. The rest of it is factually correct.

In the Rodriguez thing, we don't know if Bong is smelly and we don't know if he's a bastard. The only thing we know for definite is he's black.

If he called him a smelly bastard it would be fine but using the word 'black' before it, could be interpreted that he think's the person's race is a reason for him being a smelly bastard, which is a racial slur.
  • Upvote 1