You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

I don't think he misheard him at all. He was just trying to stay on the field. Puta does not sound like the n word no matter how you say it.

I think that's a pretty ridiculous way of looking at it if you actually watch the footage. Holgate goes from fake hard man face, to outraged and grabbing the ref in a split second.

It's also pretty clear that Firmino is saying "Loco, filho da puta", so fairly clear that Holgate misheard for me.

I think that's a pretty ridiculous way of looking at it if you actually watch the footage. Holgate goes from fake hard man face, to outraged and grabbing the ref in a split second.

It's also pretty clear that Firmino is saying "Loco, filho da puta", so fairly clear that Holgate misheard for me.

Explain to me what part of "Loco, filho da puta" sounds like the N word.

This is the exact moment that Kenny’s head obscures Bobby’s face from the camera and right at the point Holgate reacts.

There is no fucking way Bobby said anything racist without Lallana, Kenny and the Ref all hearing it.

The only thing that can't be seen are the workings of Holgates so brain.

I'm going with:

Thought 1 - he's shouting at me

Thought 2 - I don't understand him

Thought 3 - I is black

Thought 4 - he must be being racist because of 1, 2 and 3

Thought 5 - He must be saying the N word

• Upvote 3

Explain to me what part of "Loco, filho da puta" sounds like the N word.

Well in Portuguese the o is pronounced more like an “ur” sound. The hard c could easily be mistaken for a g. Add in the crowd going bonkers and it’s reasonably explainable how Loco is heard as nigger.

Well in Portuguese the o is pronounced more like an “ur” sound. The hard c could easily be mistaken for a g. Add in the crowd going bonkers and it’s reasonably explainable how Loco is heard as nigger.

Non of the words sound anything like the N word, certainly not loco. 

Mirror Sport understands Madley has included the incident in the report he has submitted to the FA, saying that he did not hear Firmino use the N-word during the exchange between the players.

It is believed Madley has made it clear he would have sent the Liverpool forward off had he heard the N-word.

Mind you, Madley's competence takes a considerable hit when you consider he also at the time seems to have failed to spot a player - right in front of his eyes -being deliberately shoved off the ball/off the pitch into the crowd.

The FA could well look further afield for their pound of flesh than Madley.

Well does ur sound like er?

Does a guttural c sound like a g?

So "c" sounds like "g".

The "o" sounds like "ur".

And "ur" sounds like "er".

Extrapolating from that, I assume "l" sounds like "n", which is why "loco" sounds like "nigger"?

Bit of a stretch mate.

More likely is Holgate is as thick as two short planks, is dead hard after he pushes someone in the back, then goes crying when he mishears something.

So "c" sounds like "g".

The "o" sounds like "ur".

And "ur" sounds like "er".

Extrapolating from that, I assume "l" sounds like "n", which is why "loco" sounds like "nigger"?

Bit of a stretch mate.

More likely is Holgate is as thick as two short planks, is dead hard after he pushes someone in the back, then goes crying when he mishears something.

Have you ever been to Brazil?

Seriously, that is how the indecipherable bastards speak.

Don’t disagree with your last sentence.

This is the exact moment that Kenny’s head obscures Bobby’s face from the camera and right at the point Holgate reacts.

There is no fucking way Bobby said anything racist without Lallana, Kenny and the Ref all hearing it.

Exactly. So the testimony of Madley, Lallana, Kenny and Firmini himself is key, as I was saying yesterday. There are no video clips available for evidence, assuming we have seen everything. I guess there may be additional video that was recorded but not broadcast?

Assuming there isn’t, it will all come down to the evidence of the 4 people involved in the picture, simple as that.

At this point, nobody can say with any certainty that he did or did not use racist language.

• Upvote 1

I would have thought that they would have to back Madley if the report in the Mirror is accurate. They wouldn’t want to be seen to not be supporting the ref. That would be open season for cunts like boring midget twat up the road.

Mirror Sport understands Madley has included the incident in the report he has submitted to the FA, saying that he did not hear Firmino use the N-word during the exchange between the players.

It is believed Madley has made it clear he would have sent the Liverpool forward off had he heard the N-word.

It'll be interesting to see whether Madley's report says "I heard nothing" or "I heard something and it wasn't that word".

The former would leave enough room for mud to stick; the latter would exonerate Bobby completely.

That “I was watching fox and it showed a different angle” stuff is absolutely fucking laughable. As if Fox are either turning up with their own cameras or have their own match director switching between cameras. This is in a country where the Footy isn’t even that big of a sport. Yet somehow in England where nearly every single person watches it we have to deal with “we are not controlling the images so we can’t replay you that offside” every time English side is playing away in Europe. Every fucker is running off the same feed and just commentating over it.

Exactly. So the testimony of Madley, Lallana, Kenny and Firmini himself is key, as I was saying yesterday. There are no video clips available for evidence, assuming we have seen everything. I guess there may be additional video that was recorded but not broadcast?

Assuming there isn’t, it will all come down to the evidence of the 4 people involved in the picture, simple as that.

At this point, nobody can say with any certainty that he did or did not use racist language.

That won't stop the bent twats at the FA deciding he might have