You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

I generally agree with your viewpoint regarding the Suarez situation, but I refuse to believe anything racist was said to Holgate when there were about 5 witnesses in earshot, including the ref, and none of them reacted accordingly. 

Just Hades being Hades. 

dont Hades the player Hades the game.

I generally agree with your viewpoint regarding the Suarez situation, but I refuse to believe anything racist was said to Holgate when there were about 5 witnesses in earshot, including the ref, and none of them reacted accordingly. 

Just Hades being Hades. 

Hades gonna Hade

They are all clinging onto this one random fan who claims to have studied the slow mo from Fox. When asked to watch it again he asked what time the incident had taken place, yeah, like he was telling the truth. Plus, wouldn't Fox get their feed like everyone else? 

Oh yeah, he said he would have to sign up to the content to post said video, but was capable of watching it a day later, then said he couldn't give his password for anyone to sign in due to having to change his password lots.

It would be the same feed. So what BBC saw is what Fox see. Pretty sure that there are no camera's in that position.

Guest Pistonbroke

Nothing conclusive on any of the videos in that link mate, most are from the angle we know about and the one angle which is slightly different is just of Holgate telling the ref. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It would be the same feed. So what BBC saw is what Fox see. Pretty sure that there are no camera's in that position.

Which is what I thought. Many fans saying that there will be footage from a different angle due to photos in various media outlets, well they could just be still photo's taken by journos. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Not sure the club would let Bobby off for a holiday if there was anything to worry about.

True, plus the time out with his missus and mate in Cyprus is going to clear his head more than what would happen with the lads in Dubai. Could even be a case of he is on a short break to Cyprus knowing he will have to step in front of the FA next week, why take him to Dubai to train when it will no doubt be disrupted. 

It's not pretty. One of their fans claims to have watched the game on Fox and they had a camera angle over Mason's shoulder and they slowed it down and he claims BF used the same word as Suarez, Negrito. Obviously they are all hoping this is true, I doubt they actually give a fuck about the racism side of it all, they just want blood against one of our players and indeed the club.

Is it worth pointing out to him that Suarez said "negro" not "negrito" or (more pertinently) that Spanish and Portuguese are different languages?

When do people think more info will be released because all this silence is making all the dickheads worse, more and more conspiracies coming out. Either way we need Bobby cleared before we play Man City because as we know from before when he went through his drink drive situation he was shit. He needs his head clear, he’s the only Striker we have at the club worth anything in this system. He’ll rip it up against Stones and Otemendi when they dawdle on the ball.

Guest Pistonbroke

Is it worth pointing out to him that Suarez said "negro" not "negrito" or (more pertinently) that Spanish and Portuguese are different languages?

I rarely go on there to read stuff, I'll be fucked if I'm signing up to post something sensible. 

If there were any video of Firmino saying anything remotely racist then it would be all over t'internet by now.

But there isn't because he didn't.

There is video of a very dangerous push by Holgate though, so lets hope the authorities rightly ban him.

I could be wrong but it looks like Holgate says “I just fecked a goat in a car”.

Don’t know how that would be relevant to the situation unless he was comparing that earlier indiscretion with the push back he received from Bobby, whom he’d just committed a similar assault upon.

My lip reading skills are sketchy at times so I could be mistaken.

• Upvote 1

It's not pretty. One of their fans claims to have watched the game on Fox and they had a camera angle over Mason's shoulder and they slowed it down and he claims BF used the same word as Suarez, Negrito. Obviously they are all hoping this is true, I doubt they actually give a fuck about the racism side of it all, they just want blood against one of our players and indeed the club. 

They are all clinging onto this one random fan who claims to have studied the slow mo from Fox. When asked to watch it again he asked what time the incident had taken place, yeah, like he was telling the truth. Plus, wouldn't Fox get their feed like everyone else? 

Oh yeah, he said he would have to sign up to the content to post said video, but was capable of watching it a day later, then said he couldn't give his password for anyone to sign in due to having to change his password lots.

I live in the US and I watched this on Fox realtime. If you look back at the in-game thread, I'm the first person to mentioned that Holgate was accusing Bobby of racism (which I could tell by lip reading what he was saying).

There was categorically no Fox Sports footage (in game or post-match analysis) which showed Bobby using racist language. No slow motion footage, nothing. In fact, Fox didn't even mention that Holgate was accusing Bobby of racism.

It's all a load of bollocks. They had the same angles as what you saw on BBC, and I know that because I watched the BBC highlights and it was exactly the same as the Fox highlights commentary aside.

• Upvote 1

I'm a lazy cunt and haven't read all 21 pages before this. But the fact this thing hasn't been put to bed is fucking ridicusous.

Here's a picture of the incident.

Firmino-Holgate.jpg

Are people honestly trying to say that Bobby racially abused Holgate in Portuguese, the words magically bypassed the surrounding players and referee, converted themselves into English, and then Holgate heard them?

The fuck.

• Upvote 4

I'm a lazy cunt and haven't read all 21 pages before this. But the fact this thing hasn't been put to bed is fucking ridicusous.

Here's a picture of the incident.

Firmino-Holgate.jpg

Are people honestly trying to say that Bobby racially abused Holgate in Portuguese, the words magically bypassed the surrounding players and referee, converted themselves into English, and then Holgate heard them?

The fuck.

98% of people on here agree with you. But the powers that be think it warrants investigation and holgate says it happened. As I said I think he was trying in the game to avoid himself getting sanctioned.

98% of people on here agree with you. But the powers that be think it warrants investigation and holgate says it happened. As I said I think he was trying in the game to avoid himself getting sanctioned.

I think he genuinely misheard to be fair to him.

Some poster on GoT was saying that it's all a redshite conspiracy to avoid the controversy of the Lallana dive. It just made me laugh. Even when they make allegations about our player it's all a conspiracy that we've created to thwart them in some way.