You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coutinho’s replacement...

aRdja

So many big clubs with ageing goalkeepers. Neuer, Buffon, Cech, Lloris, Navas, Handanovic, Reina, Subasic, among them.

We can go out, this window, and nail down aomone like Oblak or Donnarumma for £75m.

We have to shop smart with this money, knock a couple of long term positions out of the park.

Ryan Sessegnon - £25m

Jan Oblak - £75m

Couple those two with Trent, Van Dijk and Gomez and we’ve nailed a world class back five for the next 8 years.

What exactly is your idea of old for a keeper because its not early 30s like Neuer or LLoris

Napoli won't be paying huge money for a keeper. Real are getting that youngster on a free. Only really Arsenal with the resources and they'll have Ozil and Sanchez to replace

Put me down on the top keeper bus. 

And while I like the look of Sessegnon, left back is not nearly the priority it was having seen the emergence of Robertson this season, and also much better form from Moreno. 

Perhaps he can play further forward? But I think we're sorted at left back. 

Put me down on the top keeper bus. 

And while I like the look of Sessegnon, left back is not nearly the priority it was having seen the emergence of Robertson this season, and also much better form from Moreno. 

Perhaps he can play further forward? But I think we're sorted at left back. 

Ryan Sessegnon is destined to be playing further up the pitch.  No way he's a left back for much of his career.

• 2 weeks later...

Should have let him go as he's still very unlikely to play for us this season.

If (or more accurately when) Lallana gets injured, we'll reshuffle and he won't figure then either.

Another six months wasted for the lad. 

Magnificent stuff.

I'm counting down the days until we release the cunt.

• Upvote 1

Should have let him go as he's still very unlikely to play for us this season.

If (or more accurately when) Lallana gets injured, we'll reshuffle and he won't figure then either.

Another six months wasted for the lad. 

I think he'll have a part to play.  He has a bit of invention and creativity.  Perhaps when we're struggling to break down a park-the-bus team, he might come on as first sub or something like that.  I don't think Klopp would have kept him if he had no intention of using him.

There is definitely a vacancy in the squad for a player of his type.

It’s too early to say it’s wasted, but at some point he needs to play. He doesn’t have the blistering pace some have, but he’s technically very good.

My gut says that’s not quite enough to make it at the sharp end of the Prem, but we’ll see. My best guess is this could turn into another Suso type situation. Hangs around the club for a few years, everyone knows he’s a good player, but doesn’t quite break into the team, leaves, plays, finds his groove and then becomes an expensive footballer... who you still wouldn’t be sure you want playing at Liverpool.

Getting well ahead of myself there though. Hopefully the lad makes it here.

I don’t see how it’s six months wasted. Better him be here training every day with world class players and coaching, than with Chris fucking Coleman at the bottom of the championship.

Observation and practice situations are limited forms of learning.

He's done more for Coleman's Wales team in a few great cameos than he's had the opportunity to do at Anfield. Missed opportunity for him and us. 

Quite happy to eat my jester hat if he plays any role for us at all this season, but I don't see it happening.