You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coutinho’s replacement...

aRdja

Guest Alex_K

Thought we had an outside shot at the CL with Salah / Firmino / Mane & Coutinho feeding from midfield. May as well get it over with and be turfed m out by Porto if Lallana / Henderson / Can is the best we can field in midfield after this window.

Snippets from the full interview.

Jason Burt interview with Sachin Nakrani

• Suspects Liverpool won't buy this month

• Doesn't think we're interested in Mahrez

• Thomas Lemar will be extremely expensive and Arsenal are the more likely destination

• Klopp more likely to wait like with van Dijk

• Liverpool want special young talent to replace Coutinho

• Club feel like they were in a strong enough position now to let him go and have enough going forward (Lallana key in this, Klopp is a big fan)

• Jason has links with Coutinho, Liverpool and Barcelona hence why he was able to break the news first

• Says that everyone was very confident after the summer window that Liverpool would get their money and Coutinho would get his move in January (Salah's impact on Liverpool influenced that)

• The deal has not been done to pay for van Dijk/Keita (no FSG balancing books)

• Coutinho add-ons are for qualifying for the CL and Coutinho making ~50 apps over his time at Barca (Liverpool confident they get the full sum of money)

• Jason says he has a clear idea of who Liverpool want

• Says the player who Liverpool wants isn't achievable this month (Jason has been asked not to run the story yet)

All comes from a 25 minute interview he did with Anfield Indez.

Matthewbet does better than this.

Every one of those points is more ambiguous than a Garlands' toilet queue.

• Upvote 2

Matthewbet does better than this.

Every one of those points is more ambiguous than a Garlands' toilet queue.

Definitely not FSG balancing out the books though, let me just make that clear, it's not FSG balancing the books. No way. No siree. Not FSG. The suggestion itself is almost offensive.

As utterly excited I am about signing a DM and Goalie i think we'll look a completely sterile proposition if we don't add more creativity in to our midfield. Salah and Mane absolutely depend on a midfielder to feed them. The only way I won't flounce is if we sign Oblak, Weigl and Pulisic in the summer. Add Ndidi this month but with injury prone Lallana as our most creative player I do worry. Ndidi and Lemar this month with those other three as good as wrapped up for the summer and I'll rock out with my cock out.

• Upvote 1

Snippets from the full interview.

Jason Burt interview with Sachin Nakrani

• Suspects Liverpool won't buy this month
  • Doesn't think we're interested in Mahrez
  • Thomas Lemar will be extremely expensive and Arsenal are the more likely destination
  • Klopp more likely to wait like with van Dijk
  • Liverpool want special young talent to replace Coutinho
  • Club feel like they were in a strong enough position now to let him go and have enough going forward (Lallana key in this, Klopp is a big fan)
  • Jason has links with Coutinho, Liverpool and Barcelona hence why he was able to break the news first
  • Says that everyone was very confident after the summer window that Liverpool would get their money and Coutinho would get his move in January (Salah's impact on Liverpool influenced that)
  • The deal has not been done to pay for van Dijk/Keita (no FSG balancing books)
  • Coutinho add-ons are for qualifying for the CL and Coutinho making ~50 apps over his time at Barca (Liverpool confident they get the full sum of money)
  • Jason says he has a clear idea of who Liverpool want
  • Says the player who Liverpool wants isn't achievable this month (Jason has been asked not to run the story yet)
All comes from a 25 minute interview he did with Anfield Indez.
What happens if we slide down to 6th in March... What then? We would end up having to pay premium to persuade them to consider moving to a non CL side, that’s what would happen.

Bascombe saying we will now try to speed up Naby Keita's arrival.

I'm guessing that's the best solution if we can't get Pulisic/Lemar or whoever our target is till the summer. We definitely need to add some creativity to our midfield if we are to keep our top 4 chances intact.