You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Whyte saying Joshua won't be ready in time to fight Wilder but he will.

I'm sure that extra week makes all the difference mate.

Whyte and Hearn. Fucking absolute scrotums, the pair of them.

Good night of boxing that, apart from how poor Browne was. He looked like shit physically and in the face. Aged loads.

Lucas Browne's strategy was genius. What he was trying to do was lure Whyte into a trap by moving his face into every punch to conserve vital energy for his arms and legs. Where he came unstuck was the mental fatigue of constantly having to think about where Whyte was going to punch next and move his body / face into position to receive the fullest extent of the blow.

This caused him to panic because there were a few times when he incorrectly moved his head out of the way of a punch or Whyte swung wildly and missed. He got disheartened by failing to get hit by about 10% of Whyte's punches and gassed himself out with the stress. His eyes were closing beautifully, soon they would've been completely closed, which would've protected his retina from damage and he would've been unstoppable at that point. It was a disgraceful stoppage to be honest. He was just resting on the canvas for a couple of seconds to take the weight off his legs. Standard veteran tactics. I hope he appeals the decision. 

• Upvote 1

Browne was as poor a heavyweight with a decent enough reputation I can ever remember seeing, he was awful! He looked nervous on his ring walk and looked like he aged years from the opening bell to the end of the first round, he literally looked like an old guy who never stepped foot in a ring.

Despite that and I know it was probably too easy for him but Whyte did look impressive, that’s the first time I’ve ever seen him no look raggedy and unsteady on his feet, his combinations were the best I’ve ever him fight aswell.

Whyte performed well but Browne was fucking atrocious. Would like to see Wilder/Whyte but I think Wilder will see that as bowing down to Hearn so won't. There's only really Brazeale or Povetkin if he starches Pricey as expected.

I think they could get Wilder to gight Whyte. They do it over here at the 02 and offer him a good deal. Saying that a win over here could make the AJ bigger.

Wilder has to be careful too as Whyte is the mandatory now for the WBC (isn't he?).

If he refused the fight,even if he takes a volentary first he could be stripped then he is on the outside looking in till somebody strips AJ and he looks like fighting for scraps

I think they could get Wilder to gight Whyte. They do it over here at the 02 and offer him a good deal. Saying that a win over here could make the AJ bigger.

Wilder has to be careful too as Whyte is the mandatory now for the WBC (isn't he?).

If he refused the fight,even if he takes a volentary first he could be stripped then he is on the outside looking in till somebody strips AJ and he looks like fighting for scraps

Yeah Whytes Mandatory now. I hope they fight, Wilder will KO Whyte.

Yeah Whytes Mandatory now. I hope they fight, Wilder will KO Whyte.

You would have to make Wilder favourite, but I do think that he is susceptible to losing on points to anybody who can go 12 rounds and outwork him even if they don't have his power, as he is quite lazy at times, and with Whyte a fitter version of Ortiz he could have a good outsiders chance.

You would have to make Wilder favourite, but I do think that he is susceptible to losing on points to anybody who can go 12 rounds and outwork him even if they don't have his power, as he is quite lazy at times, and with Whyte a fitter version of Ortiz he could have a good outsiders chance.

I think he'd do okay for a few rounds but as soon as Wilder connects it's over.

I think he'd do okay for a few rounds but as soon as Wilder connects it's over.

You could certainly be right but only Joshua has decked him & it took eight rounds and looked more through exhaustion in the end , and I would suggest his conditioning is far better these days.

I would pay to watch the fight, put it that way.

Fully on-board the Ritson hype train me, I like fighters that burst onto the scene like him because you know he's done the small hall circuit first.  There's something about the small hall scene that readies a fighter better than being an Olympian who has all the media attention and is on big shows from their debut.  Ritson said he will fight anybody and I get the impression he would.

Browne is a disgrace, I think that fight just proved that he was on PEDs and it wasn't all some conspiracy set up like he tells people.  I'm glad he got sparked the fat mess, even though Whyte has become intolerable, I'm sick of heavyweights coming in heavy and gassing after two/three rounds because they haven't bothered to train properly.

• Upvote 1

Ritson looks a class act at the minute. He's blowing away everyone at British level. I'd be seriously worried for Tommy Coyle if he gets put in with Ritson, too brave for his own good and would be eating punches most of the night. DODD may give him a better test because of his awkwardness but I don't think he would be able to take the power.

Yeah, it looks more like a hype fight for Povetkin on British soil than a redemption fight for Price.

Gives Hearn a bit of swing if he can make Whyte -Wilder an then can sell AJ-Povetkin before risking his meal ticket against Wilder.

Hearn will cream himself if he can somehow swing that and Whyte gets past Wilder and he can freeze him out and keep it all in house

Whyte beating Wilder would be the start of a real boxing dominance from Hearn.  It's the last thing we need.  I can't see it happening though, Whyte is terrible and beating an overweight shit head like Browne doesn't change that. 

Honestly the Price fight is a joke, Povetkin hasn't looked good at all since he got off the PEDs, but he'll highlight reel KO Price so the casuals will love it - Hearn will be happy to put Joshua in with him knowing he's shit and sell it as Joshua beating up a drugs cheat. 

I can't see Joshua / Wilder or Joshua / Fury anytime soon.  I still think we'll see Joshua / Haye before either of them (if Haye beats Bellew like) because let's be honest, Joshua / Haye still makes serious money and it's hardly a risky fight for Joshua anymore.

It's disgusting that the BBBoC have sanctioned that Price fight. He almost lost in his last outing against the 237th ranked heavyweight in the world and now he's fighting one of the top 3. He's getting Maccarinellied.