You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

I've just been told a story about Joshua ringing Fury last week absolutely bladdered, Joshua fronted Fury saying he needs to stop chatting shit about him online, so Fury said go ed we'll meet up and sort it like men, Joshua said he knows people bla bla bla.  Fury has hung up, then half an hour later after a phone call from Peter Fury, Eddie's told Joshua to swerve it haha.  Hearn isn't stupid is he haha, he can't be having his main star kidnapped by gypsies.

I think it'll be true because it's come from Navid Mansouri, he's a boxer and a trainer at MTK and Hearn said in an interview recently that Joshua and Fury had spoken on the phone/via texts recently.

Joshua doesn't strike me as much of a drinker. Not sure how well alcohol mixes with steds.

You saying he doesn't seem like the type to be pissed and acting like a big man on the phone to Fury?

Or you saying he doesn't drink often so he's probably a lightweight when he does have a couple of bevvies, so it's believable that he'd do that?

Khan’t wait to see who Amir is going to be fighting

I hope it is Broner. Defo going either way if it’s confirmed in Liverpool. Going to Brook fight in March too. Off to New York in September and hoping beyond hope that there is a fight on at MSG while I’m there

• Upvote 2

Fully expecting Khan to fight someone that Eddie Hearn has already paid to come over and take a loss against Brook.

Carson Jones, JoJo Dan or Kevin Bizier.

I've missed Jo Jo Dan to be fair. Best Saturday night light entertainment programme in the whole of 2015.

I watched him the other month versus the journeyman he was fighting and he looked the worst i'd ever seen him look to be honest. It looked like he was wading through treacle he was that slow. He didn't have the power to put the journeyman away or even trouble him once and he was gassed after round 1.

Povetkin is also on the decline though. Since he got popped for the same drug Sharapova took he's not been the same fighter. The KO's have dried up. But even still, he should have enough in the tank to not just dispose of Price but do it in fashion. I'm worried about Price in this one. Someone close to him needs to sit him down and tell him to stop. This is how fighters get seriously hurt. 

I watched him the other month versus the journeyman he was fighting and he looked the worst i'd ever seen him look to be honest. It looked like he was wading through treacle he was that slow. He didn't have the power to put the journeyman away or even trouble him once and he was gassed after round 1.

Povetkin is also on the decline though. Since he got popped for the same drug Sharapova took he's not been the same fighter. The KO's have dried up. But even still, he should have enough in the tank to not just dispose of Price but do it in fashion. I'm worried about Price in this one. Someone close to him needs to sit him down and tell him to stop. This is how fighters get seriously hurt. 

Agreed. I had high hopes a few years back after he beat Harrison and Skelton (Not exactly big wins granted) but once he got banged out the second time by Thompson it was clear he isn't cut out for anything close to big time boxing. If he can make a few quid off fighting bums low down on cards then so be it but Povetkin is no bum and this could be dangerous. What happens if he manages to win? He gets thrown in against Fury or Briggs and ends up cannon fodder? 

He will be on the doors in town in a few years. 

• Upvote 1

Dan Dan or any other guys with their ears to the ground, does Big David skimp on his training or does he pull his tripes out in training but still find himself gassing early in fights ?

I reckon he could do all the fitness training in the world but the nerves/tension are what zaps his energy come fight night. It’s as much of a mental thing and I don’t think he’ll ever get over it.

Anyone notice in the Joshua Parker press conference that Joshua looked ill, his face looked very skinny and he had paler complexion with dark rings around his eyes, he’s maybe been sick lately and obviously this far away from the fight wouldn’t make a difference but he really didn’t seem like he normally does, he was a lot quieter than normal aswell.

Anyone notice in the Joshua Parker press conference that Joshua looked ill, his face looked very skinny and he had paler complexion with dark rings around his eyes, he’s maybe been sick lately and obviously this far away from the fight wouldn’t make a difference but he really didn’t seem like he normally does, he was a lot quieter than normal aswell.

That was Eddie Hearn , Jay.

• Upvote 1

That was Eddie Hearn , Jay.

Couldn’t have been Eddie! When I saw him on SSN with that Higgins guy I thought fuck me Eddies put on some timber! He was conscious of it aswell you could tell, he kept folding his arms or holding his belt buckle haha.

• Upvote 1