You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah that was funny but less so after watching Chamberlain's turgid performance on the night. It's very cringey when fighters can't back up their bluster.

Speaking of which, being in the M.E.N when Usyk was feel, when he was very feel, was the most fun I've had this year.

Just now, Kevin D said:

Speaking of which, being in the M.E.N when Usyk was feel, when he was very feel, was the most fun I've had this year.

Yeah was great to see 'The Bomber' nuked live. Although I was sat on top of the arena girders 

14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Rocky apparently got paid over 7 figures for last night's fight. You can't grumble at that rate for less than 9 minutes.

Made up for him.

This is a sport when 1% of guys make 99% of the money, so it's always nice when a contender can buy his house outright without suffering too much damage.

I like that after his two Mayweather brawls, Maidana fucked off back to Argentina to live the high life.

r1fOYcQNf_660x385__2.jpg#1515592055181

marcos-maidana-fat.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah was great to see 'The Bomber' nuked live. Although I was sat on top of the arena girders 

The atmosphere was terrific, that night.

Ooooosyk, oooooosyk, Oooooosyk chants dueling with Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony Bellew an even fight before that left round the guard. Beat Fulham the next day at lunchtime, splendid weekend.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Kevin D said:

The atmosphere was terrific, that night.

Ooooosyk, oooooosyk, Oooooosyk chants dueling with Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony Bellew an even fight before that left round the guard. Beat Fulham the next day at lunchtime, splendid weekend.

Yes. Fantastic weekend, felt the effects for days but it was worth it!

On 12/16/2018 at 8:24 AM, Kevin D said:

As we come to the end of the year, I do think it's worth reflecting on one of the most inspired, legendary and iconic bits of promotion for a prizefight that I have ever seen.

Namely, Isaac Chamberlain taking out a newspaper job advert for Lawrence Okolie, in Okalie's local paper,  before their fight in January:

r319300_494x278_16-9.png

okolie-chamberlain.png

Just saw that the BBC robbed him of sports moment of the year, shameful.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:50 AM, Elite said:

Yeah that was funny but less so after watching Chamberlain's turgid performance on the night. It's very cringey when fighters can't back up their bluster.

The fight was woeful, beyong shite. Both wildly swing and miss 90% of shots before Chamberlain back peddles and clinches. Repeat this for the entire fight

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

The fight was woeful, beyong shite. Both wildly swing and miss 90% of shots before Chamberlain back peddles and clinches. Repeat this for the entire fight

Did you watch Okolie Vs Askin, that was as bad. Okolie is horrendous to watch.

Has Fury actually donated his full purse from the Wilder fight? I've read a few stories but nothing confirmed. Fucking amazing gesture if so, deserves all the plaudits imaginable.

29 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Saw Tony Bellew out on Monday night in Sgt. Peppers on Mathew Street (with Leon Osman and other assorted wankers) and he was wearing shoes with RED soles! K****e behaviour that.

Its decent in there. Ended up in there after the champions league final and it was bouncing. 

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Whyte vs Chisora 2 on Saturday. What a match up. ALL YOURS FOR ONLY £19.95. 

If the fight goes all the way to the end, that's about £1.66 per round. Less rounds, less value. I can only imagine that this is a slightly meaningless fight as it's not likely either of them will get a shot at Wilder or Joshua. Maybe Tyson Fury.

Matchbook used to have some good cards on SkySports but they've got progressively worse to the point where they are utter shit. Hearn is only interested in PPVs and feeding his fighters to the top Yanks/Mexicans on his DAZN shows. The slimy twat.

I noticed that Karl Frampton is fighting tonight, I believe Derek Chisora is too. I assume they are completely different events and not on the same card? Therefore will be broadcast as separate events?

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I noticed that Karl Frampton is fighting tonight, I believe Derek Chisora is too. I assume they are completely different events and not on the same card? Therefore will be broadcast as separate events?

One on Sky and one on BT.