Quantcast
Boxing 2018 - Page 184 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
DanDanShaw

Boxing 2018

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Read the other day that Anthony Crolla is next in line to fight Lomachenko.

Finally, a Crolla fight that won’t make you fall asleep. 

Except Crolla himself. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think the official punch stats had Wilder throwing more but Fury landing 13 more punches over the piece & considering 2 of Wilder's punches put Fury down it doesn't scream ' worst ever decision ' like I have seen it described in some outlets.

That shows how misleading stats can be in isolation.

10 hours ago, Brownie said:

I've just watched the fight back and interestingly enough I scored it 114-113 to Fury. As well as the two 10-8 rounds for Wilder, I gave him the 2nd and 4th rounds. I couldn't split them in round 3.

Despite what I thought from Saturday night (when I was inebriated!), the 12th was a 10-8 round as although Fury had the better of the round apart from the knockdown, it wasn't enough to make it a 10-9.

I don't think the scoring of a draw is as bad on second viewing. Fury was clearly the better fighter but when you get knocked down twice you give yourself a lot of work to do.

Doesn't that work out as 114-112?

The big problem people have is not that Fury won by miles, but that one judge had him losing by 4 rounds. That's just mental!

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:
Round Fury Wilder
1 10 9
2 9 10
3 10 9
4 9 10
5 10 9
6 10 9
7 10 9
8 10 9
9 8 10
10 10 9
11 10 9
12 8 10
  114 112

“I couldn’t split them in round 3”.

25 minutes ago, Brownie said:

“I couldn’t split them in round 3”.

Ah my bad... I would personally have given the first 4 to Fury. Sky gave Wilder the third (I think from memory)

3 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

Ah my bad... I would personally have given the first 4 to Fury. Sky gave Wilder the third (I think from memory)

It just goes to show how subjective scoring is. The first 4 rounds were close though so they could have gone either way. 

For me, rounds 5-8 and both 10 and 11 were clear Fury rounds though which leaves 9 and 12 (both 10-8’s) and rounds 1-4 as the key.

A draw isn’t a surprising outcome at all when you look at it like that.

Well, you can break it down, but I think at the end of the fight everyone thought Fury had won. I hope they have a rematch, as he'll be sharper and probably win without getting clipped at all. I think Wilder might go looking for alternatives though, despite what he's saying now.

4 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Well, you can break it down, but I think at the end of the fight everyone thought Fury had won. I hope they have a rematch, as he'll be sharper and probably win without getting clipped at all. I think Wilder might go looking for alternatives though, despite what he's saying now.

That’s the mad thing about scoring in boxing though, a fighter can dominate 6 rounds and lose 6 close rounds and the fight is a draw. Even though you’d think he won because the rounds he won were more convincing.

I read somewhere about an idea where the judges score a fight as normal but then also nominate who they think won, regardless of the scores.

An interesting thought.

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Although in the case of the Mexican judge, let's be honest, he's fucking bent.

Oy!

rainbow%20color-sm.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Although in the case of the Mexican judge, let's be honest, he's fucking bent.

Yeah I can't see how he scored it that way, dodgy as fuck. I think the 113-113 was fair enough though.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

Yeah I can't see how he scored it that way, dodgy as fuck. I think the 113-113 was fair enough though.

I scored it 116-110, but I guess a few of the rounds were close (ish), and therefore if you wanted to be incredibly charitable to Wilder you could have given him three of them to score a draw. It's right on the limit of being acceptable though, in my opinion. Giving him seven rounds is cheating. It's not honest. It isn't what the judge actually thought. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

That’s a shocker for me, Frenois couldn’t miss with the left hand. I had him winning that comfortably.

Yeah definitely won that for me, Carroll knew it as well

I can't stand Brook, he's the most deluded cunt on the planet. The only reason he wants Khan is because every champion at 147 and 154 beats him.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

I can't stand Brook, he's the most deluded cunt on the planet. The only reason he wants Khan is because every champion at 147 and 154 beats him.

He’s already beaten one of them tbf.

Just now, Brownie said:

He’s already beaten one of them tbf.

True but that was a very close fight that could have gone either way. This version of Brook wouldn't beat Porter, GGG and Spence broke him.

Just now, Elite said:

True but that was a very close fight that could have gone either way. This version of Brook wouldn't beat Porter, GGG and Spence broke him.

I don’t disagree but I don’t think he wants Khan for the reason you mentioned, I think it’s because it’s huge money.