Quantcast
Boxing 2018 - Page 175 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

DanDanShaw

Boxing 2018

I called him a cunt because he is a cunt. i don't think he had a call on the fight and obviously he didn't but Michael Nunn was the fella they wanted the winner to fight. 

Nunn was a great fighter, and was widely ranked higher than both Benn and Eubank at the time. But it was James Tony that was the guy at Super middleweight at the time. Neither wanted anything to do with him and he beats both comfortably. 

That wasn't Eubank either imo. 

Chris Eubank retired in 1991. He was never the same after Watson 2

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Nunn was a great fighter, and was widely ranked higher than both Benn and Eubank at the time. But it was James Tony that was the guy at Super middleweight at the time. Neither wanted anything to do with him and he beats both comfortably. 

That wasn't Eubank either imo. 

Chris Eubank retired in 1991. He was never the same after Watson 2

91? You sure? 

Yeah I'm sure

Eubank vs Watson 2

September 1991

He was never the same after that, he did enough to win but never had that same killer instinct. Understandable 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Jermell Charlo is going to be busy

Luckily his twin brother Jermall can do half the work and nobody will suspect a thing. 

• Upvote 1

He won't win but I don't think I've wanted a British boxer to win more than this fella at the weekend in a long while. Only because, the world needs the build up to the Joshua fight. He will be fucking side splitting. 

Tris Dixon has a very good podcast called 'Boxing Life Stories' with each episode focusing on one person. So far I've listened to:

Adam Booth, who chats about his time with Haye and Groves. 

Billy Graham and his time with Hatton, Graham is very honest and quite funny in the sense that he doesn't care what people think.

Glen McCrory, not bad 

Dave Allen, I know he's not done enough to warrant a 'boxing life story's but he's great to listen to.

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2018 at 11:02 AM, Bjornebye said:

He won't win but I don't think I've wanted a British boxer to win more than this fella at the weekend in a long while. Only because, the world needs the build up to the Joshua fight. He will be fucking side splitting. 

Since the days of Mike Tyson, I know so little about boxing but I would never have thought in a million years that Tyson Fury would have beaten Vladimir Klitschko. Somehow he managed to win so I wouldn't place a bet on Fury losing.