You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s just been announced that Rocky Fielding is fighting Canelo. 

Blimey. 

There's a fight happening with Rocky in it? Where do I sign up? And is Adrian a man or a woman this time?

The only logic I see is that Canelo is thinking about a move up to super middleweight, but isn't brave enough to jump straight in with Callum Smith or Groves. 

And Rocky obviously gets the money and exposure he's been lacking so far in his career. Hope he batters the cheating prick. 

11 hours ago, Brownie said:

Fucking hell!

That’s quite a big jump up for Canelo isn’t it (160 to 168?) Fielding will look huge.

Canelo will still win though.

Canelo will come into the ring at about 270 pounds for this one, having devoured an entire herd of contaminated cows.

37 minutes ago, Aventus said:

The only logic I see is that Canelo is thinking about a move up to super middleweight, but isn't brave enough to jump straight in with Callum Smith or Groves. 

And Rocky obviously gets the money and exposure he's been lacking so far in his career. Hope he batters the cheating prick. 

I don’t think Canelo has any intention of getting in the ring with the likes of Smith or any of the other top champions. He’ll want to win a title at another weight and will see Fielding as easy pickings.

3 hours ago, Brownie said:

I don’t think Canelo has any intention of getting in the ring with the likes of Smith or any of the other top champions. He’ll want to win a title at another weight and will see Fielding as easy pickings.

It's a pretty shite title, that's why I don't see the point.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

World title for Nicola Adams.  Sorry "interim" title...  Didn't see the fight but pleased for her.

It was a bit of a slugfest. They need to fuck Women's boxing off to their own cards, it's dull as fuck.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

It was a bit of a slugfest. They need to fuck Women's boxing off to their own cards, it's dull as fuck.

I agree, it's shite. 

If women's boxing was on its own card no cunt would watch it though, then the usual suspects would have a stick up their arse over them deservedly getting payed fuck all compared to men. This way they can give them a bit of extra cash and everyone can shut up about it. 

No excuse for it really though, because women's mma is to a pretty high standard, better than some of the blokes on the same cards.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aventus said:

I agree, it's shite. 

If women's boxing was on its own card no cunt would watch it though, then the usual suspects would have a stick up their arse over them deservedly getting payed fuck all compared to men. This way they can give them a bit of extra cash and everyone can shut up about it. 

No excuse for it really though, because women's mma is to a pretty high standard, better than some of the blokes on the same cards.

Women's MMA is very good, I'm not just being chauvinistic but Women's boxing is poor standard.

Fair play to Johnson, he's got no chance of winning but he's still continuing until the bitter end and giving us fight fans one hell of a show.

Also full credit to Dubois, for proving he can't knock the skin off an heavyweight custard.