You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Impossible to say how Groves' shoulder will hold-up in a proper fight, which makes it impossible to call.

Read something from him this week saying he'd been told rehab could take 2 years from the injury and he considered retirement, and detailing the extent of surgery required to reconstruct his shoulder, but then saying he'd gotten back in just 7 months by training harder than he ever has through the pain barrier and now he's punching with no pain at all.

I'd say that has a very good chance of being the classic boxer "It's better than ever" post-injury talk, which gets exposed to at least some degree once the fight starts.  

If his shoulder has recovered fully I reckon he'll win relatively comfortably, but won't be at all surprised if his arm falls off halfway through.

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Impossible to say how Groves' shoulder will hold-up in a proper fight, which makes it impossible to call.

Read something from him this week saying he'd been told rehab could take 2 years from the injury and he considered retirement, and detailing the extent of surgery required to reconstruct his shoulder, but then saying he'd gotten back in just 7 months by training harder than he ever has through the pain barrier and now he's punching with no pain at all.

I'd say that has a very good chance of being the classic boxer "It's better than ever" post-injury talk, which gets exposed to at least some degree once the fight starts.  

If his shoulder has recovered fully I reckon he'll win relatively comfortably, but won't be at all surprised if his arm falls off halfway through.

I fucked up my rotator cuff years ago doing weights and it's still fucked, obviously I dealt with an NHS physio and Groves will have doctors with more letters after their names than a Welsh town but shoulder injurys are incredibly difficult to recover fully from.

6 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Groves is the more talented boxer but I reckon Callum will want it more and that could define it. Cant believe yesterday Groves gave away half a pound to Smith. Smith looks 2 stone heavier. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Groves is the more talented boxer but I reckon Callum will want it more and that could define it. Cant believe yesterday Groves gave away half a pound to Smith. Smith looks 2 stone heavier. 

Groves, who puts his WBA 'Super' world title on the line in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, scaled in at 11st 13lbs 10oz , with Smith at 11st 13lbs 4oz, both making the 12 stone limit

Thats sky, they had Groves 6oz the heavier, though Smith will have blown right up overnight

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

I fucked up my rotator cuff years ago doing weights and it's still fucked, obviously I dealt with an NHS physio and Groves will have doctors with more letters after their names than a Welsh town but shoulder injurys are incredibly difficult to recover fully from.

Exactly mate.  Hard to believe he'll be the same again, let alone recovered this quickly.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just seen the face-off and Groves looks slight, doesn't he.

Kalle on the other hand looks like he's poked himself in the eye with a rolled-up fifty.

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Just seen the face-off and Groves looks slight, doesn't he.

Kalle on the other hand looks like he's poked himself in the eye with a rolled-up fifty.

Im just gonna watch it now.

Please change that avatar Ben it makes my jaw clench. Horrible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Why can't I watch, listen or read anything to do with boxing without Tony Bellew being mentioned? I could be watching an indigenous boxing match in the jungles of Africa and that cunt would get some build up 

Any streams?