Quantcast
Boxing 2018 - Page 147 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
DanDanShaw

Boxing 2018

Another good thing about last night was that Usyk was in attendance. The language barrier might have so far prevented him from realising just what a colossal wanker Bellew is. 

Sitting at Ringside for seven rounds hearing ”ANTNEE. HE’S BLOWING. ANTNEE. ANTNEE” on a loop will have left him in no doubt. 

• Upvote 4

Just watched the highlights of wilder Ortiz. Ortiz had him in huge trouble in the 7th and if it was Joshua, he wouldn't have survived. Ortiz just didn't have the power to finish him.

21 minutes ago, niallers said:

Just watched the highlights of wilder Ortiz. Ortiz had him in huge trouble in the 7th and if it was Joshua, he wouldn't have survived. Ortiz just didn't have the power to finish him.

and Joshua was in trouble against an injured Whyte and Klitschko who was drawing his pension.  Swings and roundabouts.

I like neither fighter.

• Downvote 1

If ever a 'fight' should have been declared a 'No Contest' it was that festival of dog shit eye aids that Askin v Okolie took part in last night:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/No_contest

No contest

"No contest" (NC) occurs when a bout is ended before its scheduled duration, but excludes a knockout or technical knockout ending. Historically, the usual reason for a no-contest was when the referee determined that one or both boxers were not giving their best (not trying) and decided to end the contest, shooing the boxers out of the ring. No-contests also occurred if the police stepped in to stop the fight, a power failure developed, or rain forced an ending. In recent years many United States commissions have made the official result of bouts that end due to an accidental foul or under unusual circumstances "no contest." Many of these bouts had been previously ruled a technical draw. An NC results in neither boxer officially winning or losing.

I would have applauded the Police stepping in the ring and stopping the 'fight' and arresting them both for fraud. I will never ever waste my time watching the new champion Okolie when I could be using the precious time repeatedly backheeling myself in the balls Moanero-style.

36 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Was it worse than the Chamberlain fight?

Somehow, Yes.  There's less clinching in Strictly come dancing then last nights so called fight.

42 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Was it worse than the Chamberlain fight?

Until last night I blamed them both for that shit show but I was wrong it's all down to the Okolie Octopus.

5 minutes ago, byrnie said:

Be good if a few of us meet for a pint.

Yeah mate, will try and sort a meet near the time.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah mate, will try and sort a meet near the time.

Nice one. I gave Dickie Mint a text earlier too. I'd say he will be going as well.

6 minutes ago, DanDanShaw said:

I'll be there, I'm getting my tickets of Ant next week so I'll be in the loud Manc section unfortunately.  It'd be good to meet up for a bevy though.

Yep, we will get it sorted.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Any ideas what time the Smith / Groves fight will be at UK time ? ( I believe Saudi Arabia is 2 hours ahead ) What channel is it on, & I assume it is ppv ?

ITV Box office. I think I heard it will be 10pm UK time but don't quote me on that.

Fucking Kalle selling his soul to the Arabs for some extra lemo money.

• Upvote 1

Cheers Elite, funnily enough it had appeared at the top of my Virgin Media screen when I went in to watch something I had recorded. Wanting £16.95 and starting at 6pm on Friday night. Will have to scout out the undercard before I decide.

Eubank Jr fighting an Irish lad with a big punch - JJMcDonagh, and a young Saudi , Al-Qatanhi , 4-0 fighting an East European guy are the only fights I can find.

Ringwalk at 9pm GMT allegedly.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

Eubank Jr fighting an Irish lad with a big punch - JJMcDonagh, and a young Saudi , Al-Qatanhi , 4-0 fighting an East European guy are the only fights I can find.

Ringwalk at 9pm GMT allegedly.

It's a ridiculous price, especially for such s poor undercard. ITV haven't promoted this very well and I can see it bombing. Shame as it's a great match up.