You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Someone that knows more about the Middleweight division, how good are the unbeaten fighters - Charlo, Andrade and Derevyanchenko?

I know the latter is fighting Jacobs in October, and Andrade is fighting Saunders.

Any of them any good, like?

They're all excellent fighters.

Saunders/Andrade and Jacobs/Dereveychenko are both 50/50 fights. Charlo is very good, but Middleweight is now a hard division and he hasn't yet fought anybody, but he has all the tools to be the man at the weight, in my view.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Excellent insight there. Any tips on Lomachenko vs Zippy from rainbow? 

Definitely Lomachenko. Not sure Zippy has the power to keep him off, although I'd be wary of head clashes as that zip could cause massive cuts, especially if Zippy goes for the fully open tactic.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Definitely Lomachenko. Not sure Zippy has the power to keep him off, although I'd be wary of head clashes as that zip could cause massive cuts, especially if Zippy goes for the fully open tactic.

Bullshit mate Lomachenko would batter the fucking thing everywhere. 

What a magnificent fight that was, just full on pressure for 12 rounds, amazing stuff.  I'm fucking sick for GGG though, two close fights and one judge had him winning from 6 scorecards which is fucking ridiculous.  He showed he wasn't just a banger but a brilliant technical fighter as well.  I scored the fight 115-113 for GGG but i definitley need to watch it again as i had a few beers in me and it was such a close fight, far closer than the first one.  As much as id love to see a 3rd fight there's no point really as we know the result already, he's just not going to get a fair shake of it.

Canelo was brilliant last night in fairness, he has matured into a great.  His defensive work is just brilliant and his combinations are so quick and accurate and he has one hell of a chin.

That fight will be talked about for a long time, it's straight into the classic fight vault.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, loadsoftrophies said:

What a magnificent fight that was, just full on pressure for 12 rounds, amazing stuff.  I'm fucking sick for GGG though, two close fights and one judge had him winning from 6 scorecards which is fucking ridiculous.  He showed he wasn't just a banger but a brilliant technical fighter as well.  I scored the fight 115-113 for GGG but i definitley need to watch it again as i had a few beers in me and it was such a close fight, far closer than the first one.  As much as id love to see a 3rd fight there's no point really as we know the result already, he's just not going to get a fair shake of it.

Canelo was brilliant last night in fairness, he has matured into a great.  His defensive work is just brilliant and his combinations are so quick and accurate and he has one hell of a chin.

That fight will be talked about for a long time, it's straight into the classic fight vault.

Defo room for a 3rd but an excellent post. 

11 minutes ago, loadsoftrophies said:

Owen, I think you forgot to mention that watching Spike get knocked smooth out in 3 minutes was quite wonderful and enormously satisfying?

My favourite part of the fight was in the 10th round I think where GGG wobbled Canelo and came storming forward throwing lots of shots but then there was terrific defence from Canelo making him miss about 9 shots in a row despite being groggy.

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

My favourite part of the fight was in the 10th round I think where GGG wobbled Canelo and came storming forward throwing lots of shots but then there was terrific defence from Canelo making him miss about 9 shots in a row despite being groggy.

Every round seemed like a first rounder. Honestly, no-one gets close to these two at that weight. 

45 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Owen, I think you forgot to mention that watching Spike get knocked smooth out in 3 minutes was quite wonderful and enormously satisfying?

Haha i wanted him to win tbh, he's actually a genuinely sound fella,  lad i work with knows one of his sparring partners and said he's one of the nicest fellas you could meet.  I backed against him mind, anytime he's stepped up in quality he loses, he done very well to get on that card last night.

2 minutes ago, loadsoftrophies said:

Yeah i mean would love to see them go at it again but i just cannot see GGG get the nod unless its a KO and that's just not right.  It'll be interesting to see who they fight next because the rematch would need to happen asap given GGGs age.  

it will and it will be a money spinner. De La Hoya will see to that. 

Turns out it I'm not crazy:

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/9/16/17865752/abel-sanchez-i-wanted-ggg-to-fight-canelo-he-decided-to-box

"I scored the fight even. I thought that the 12th round was the pivotal round. I said to Golovkin in the corner that I thought we were behind in about the 8th or 9th, and I told him I needed the rounds at the end. I thought it was even, but you know what? Canelo won, and that’s what’s important."

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, loadsoftrophies said:

Haha i wanted him to win tbh, he's actually a genuinely sound fella,  lad i work with knows one of his sparring partners and said he's one of the nicest fellas you could meet.  I backed against him mind, anytime he's stepped up in quality he loses, he done very well to get on that card last night.

Yeah, for some strange reason Lemieux was evens to win by KO.  Very fortunate for me, as those winnings are going to pay for my Usyk-Bellew ticket and Ukrainian flag.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

Yeah, for some strange reason Lemieux was evens to win by KO.  Very fortunate for me, as those winnings are going to pay for my Usyk-Bellew ticket and Ukrainian flag.

Nice one!

Unfortuantly for me i had to doubled up with a Golovkin win, looking back i don't know why i just didn't do the single, Lemieux was always winning that.

3 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Слава Україні! Героям слава!