You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Are you going, tonight?

The press conference with Fury and Wilder shouting was obviously hyped and staged, but it was fucking gold.

The build up to their fight will be over the top, a real circus and funny as fuck.

I cannot wait.

I didn't get to it, couldn't get off work.  Loads of sectarian chants at it which was a worry of mine, don't know if it kicked off though.

Read it on BBC

He seems a dick.

Demanding more money and respect.

He signed the contract for the money offered. His record was really poor something like 13-6. He is a journey man at best.

But with it being boxing who knows if he was screwed. Even his own trainer thinks he acted the dick though. Sounds like he took tbe fight not knowing his opponent saw he wss a ko machine and wanted none of it

Read it on BBC

He seems a dick.

Demanding more money and respect.

He signed the contract for the money offered. His record was really poor something like 13-6. He is a journey man at best.

But with it being boxing who knows if he was screwed. Even his own trainer thinks he acted the dick though. Sounds like he took tbe fight not knowing his opponent saw he wss a ko machine and wanted none of it

Yeah the other fella was about a foot taller it would have been Drago vs Chisora. He shit himself.

I don't know why everyone is so precious about Fury not being ready for Wilder.

If this was the UFC then he wouldn't have even had the 2 warm up fights, if you're walking round saying you're the lineal champion then you need to prove it against whoever is currently champion. Not wait a year until you feel like you're up to speed again, you're either champion or your not.

Isn't Hughie the one who lost last time out, and spent the rest of the night crying about how he'd really won?

Yeah, he fought Parker before AJ did and lost on a majority decision. He’s fought again since then though, knocking out Sam Sexton to win the British title. He’ll need another KO if he’s gonna win in Bulgaria.

I’m no Hughie fan but I think this has the potential to be a decent scrap. Big event for the all his pikey fans, going over there where there’s loads of proper gypsies.

Yeah, he fought Parker before AJ did and lost on a majority decision. He’s fought again since then though, knocking out Sam Sexton to win the British title. He’ll need another KO if he’s gonna win in Bulgaria.

I’m no Hughie fan but I think this has the potential to be a decent scrap. Big event for the all his pikey fans, going over there where there’s loads of proper gypsies.

Hughie is far too negative. He's a good boxer but spends half his fights running away.

No way he KOs someone decent, he has fuck all power at the top level.

Don't even need to watch that. Hughie will run for 12 rounds, barely engaging, and then when he loses the Fury's will be up in arms about the decision and claim robbery.

Bit of an unusual Boxing topic but just watched the highlights of Castillo Vs Corrales 1 and it got me think about best stoppages by refs, because in my view this was an excellently timed stoppage Weeks jumped in at exactly the right time. Any others?

This will piss some, probably alot of people off but Richard Steele Chavez vs Taylor

Yes i know there was seconds left in the round but Taylor was completely finished and not aware of where he was no matter how muchLou Duva wants to scream it was crap. Time left should have nothing to do with the stoppage

This will piss some, probably alot of people off but Richard Steele Chavez vs Taylor

Yes i know there was seconds left in the round but Taylor was completely finished and not aware of where he was no matter how muchLou Duva wants to scream it was crap. Time left should have nothing to do with the stoppage

Yep and his namesake Jermaine Taylor when he fought Froch.

I don't know what else he could've done. When Taylor got up, he was clinging to the ropes to keep himself standing. Steele asked him if he could continue and Taylor looked away in bemusement. Any competent ref would've deduced "he doesn't know where he is". Steele said afterwards that "no fight is worth a mans life". Taylor was never the same again. He was pissing blood for days after that fight.

And on top of that how the hell is the ref supposed to know how much is left in the fight when drama like that happens, he's purely concentrating on the hurt fighter.

Suprised people agree as most dont with that. Steele knew there was seconds left,he had heard the clacker and would have seen the lights in the corner that the round was drawing to a ebd. Either way Taylor was out on his feet