You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

What an achievement from Fury this has all been, irrespective of being robbed. And what a shame everyone was denied the story him getting the nod would and should have been.

Getting up from that second knock down is one of the more remarkable things I can recall seeing in boxing for some time, let alone going on the offensive and driving Wilder back rather then trying to tie him up.

Anyone else half-wonder if he might have been at the Mexican cows again?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Apparently he's in critical condition in hospital. Not good.

A few pages back someone posted the story of how much of a cunt Adonis used to be. I had heard a few rumours but never knew he was that much of a cunt. that said, if gang bangers want to kill each other in the hood then so be it. A boxer fighting for his life after a bout is tragic. Regardless of who it is. 

14 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yeah I need something like this, fed up of trying to dodge spoilers when finding fights. Usually I'm greeted by the thumbnail of a fighter sparked out before I've even clicked on anything. 

Happy to help, mate. 

It's nice to have that link, as Frampton/Warrington and Whyte/Chisora 2 are on the same night. Nice to watch one without knowing the result of the other on the 22nd.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

1st class. Cheers.

Shocked by that. Not necessarily the result, which was poor, but the level of performance from Fury. He is a cock but a much more skilled boxer than I ever imagined.

And his conditioning must be off the chart to recover the way he did off them 2 seriously concusive punches, never seen anything like it

20 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Don't know how he got up after that second knockdown. Incredible courage

Some people, mostly American pundits, are saying the ref counted to 10 but didn't end the fight on the second knockdown. 

Besides 2 out of the 3 judges giving Wilder some of the early rounds, that's another way they're pushing the narrative in Wilder's favour. 

The way Fury responded after the two knockdowns was unbelievable. Just wasn't fazed at all. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Spot on, from Teddy, as expected.

After the Lara/Canelo he did a phenomenal job of breaking down how corruption works and did it on air.

We consistently talk about the bullshit corruption in the sport, and Atlas is a guy who calls it out every single time. He doesn't give a fuck about sponsors, or who the house fighter is, he has called it as is for 25+ years.

After the Canelo/Lara he explained how the judges had deliberately scored it 7-5, so that you wouldn't be able to pin them down, but had mixed and matched their cards perfectly so you couldn't claim they were biased - he broke it down round by round.

I searched for the video just now, but it's not there anymore, credit to the guy for saying fuck his bosses, he's going to say what he thinks is right and Fury won that fight.

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Fury could have won for winning the most rounds, no doubt. Wilder could have won for being the only man to put the other down and somehow didn't stay down. 

What are you talking about? If we score 3 goals to Everton’s 0 this afternoon, but they hit the post 4 times, shall we let the referee award the game a draw because they ran us close with a few shots? Boxing is a sport that is pointed by rounds — everything else is absolutely irrelevant and conjecture. You can’t reinvent the scoring system because one competitor had a couple of spectacular strikes over 12 rounds.

12 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

What are you talking about? If we score 3 goals to Everton’s 0 this afternoon, but they hit the post 4 times, shall we let the referee award the game a draw because they ran us close with a few shots? Boxing is a sport that is pointed by rounds — everything else is absolutely irrelevant and conjecture. You can’t reinvent the scoring system because one competitor had a couple of spectacular strikes over 12 rounds.

Read what I wrote again.

Wilder could have won for being the only man to put the other down and somehow didn't stay down. 

In other words, if Fury had stayed down Wilder would have won. That's what I was talking about.

Brilliant performance from Fury. I thought he'd took this fight too soon, but he was the clear winner. 

I've never seen anything like the 12th round. He was unconscious when he landed. I still can't quite believe not only that he got up, but that his legs were okay and he started pushing Wilder back. Wilder's face was a picture.

Fury was born at 1lb, and I suspect that from that moment he's been a fighter through and through. Surely with more time under his belt he wins the rematch even more easily that he should have won this one.

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

When I saw Wilders outfit I was hoping for some of this shit

qhSZdk.gif

We did get treated to a really bad rapper. There must have been some dancers somewhere...

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

We did get treated to a really bad rapper. There must have been some dancers somewhere...

Some of Wilders entourage looked like right whoppers. Overtime they showed Wilders trainer in the breaks I couldn't help thinking he reminds me of a black Dickie Ecklund 

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Spot on, from Teddy, as expected.

After the Lara/Canelo he did a phenomenal job of breaking down how corruption works and did it on air.

We consistently talk about the bullshit corruption in the sport, and Atlas is a guy who calls it out every single time. He doesn't give a fuck about sponsors, or who the house fighter is, he has called it as is for 25+ years.

After the Canelo/Lara he explained how the judges had deliberately scored it 7-5, so that you wouldn't be able to pin them down, but had mixed and matched their cards perfectly so you couldn't claim they were biased - he broke it down round by round.

I searched for the video just now, but it's not there anymore, credit to the guy for saying fuck his bosses, he's going to say what he thinks is right and Fury won that fight.

Yeah Atlas is a great analyst and trainer. 

If people have not seen his interview on Joe Rogan show its well worth a listen. Unless your a Tyson fan boy then you'll be getting all upset that he pretty much says Tyson wasn't a all time great and didn't have the heart or mentality to be one

How come when you get knocked down it automatically seems to be a 10-8 round? For me even the rounds when Fury got knocked down I don't even think he lost those rounds either, it just seems a bit shit that you can get the better of someone in a round then get a "slight" knockdown like in the 9th but still lose it 10-8

• Upvote 1

Always been that way

Got to score it big for knockdown. 

Nothing more impactfull 

Tell you what though Fury is lucky he didn't listen to his corner in the 12th. They told him to take a knee after the knockdown. Had he done so he would have lost the split decision as the British judge would have had Wilder up a point on his drawn card due to a 10-7 round 12

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Always been that way

Got to score it big for knockdown. 

Nothing more impactfull 

Tell you what though Fury is lucky he didn't listen to his corner in the 12th. They told him to take a knee after the knockdown. Had he done so he would have lost the split decision as the British judge would have had Wilder up a point on his drawn card due to a 10-7 round 12

A round can still be called 10-9 with a knockdown though can't it? I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen before where a fighter got knocked down but battered the other guy for the rest of it and it was judged as 10-9.

Similarly a round can be judged 10-8 even without a knockdown.

Some of the scoring on Saturday was a joke; Fury boxed his head off.