You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Just catching the fight now.   A draw?  Not for me boss.  I thought Fury outboxed him but the knockdowns and later round wins would have swung it in Wilders favour.

i three a free pound bet on a first round knock out thinking I need to do a long shot, a fucking draw.

So Wilder should have won? Not for me, Clive.

Maybe the draw is the right result as Fury made a nuisance of himself and did cause Wilder lots of problems, whereas Wilder put Fury on his ass twice with the second time was a miracle resurrection. The expression on Wilder's face  (dancing around as the winner, then his eyes fixed on Fury when he saw he was getting up) was worth the entrance fee alone.

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

So Wilder should have won? Not for me, Clive.

Maybe the draw is the right result as Fury made a nuisance of himself and did cause Wilder lots of problems, whereas Wilder put Fury on his ass twice with the second time was a miracle resurrection. The expression on Wilder's face  (dancing around as the winner, then his eyes fixed on Fury when he saw he was getting up) was worth the entrance fee alone.

Fury was on his arse twice, how the fuck did he get up from the second?  and outboxed in the later rounds.  He started superbly and should have been well ahead on the scorecards at one point.

Yea maybe a draw isn't all that far from reality.

17 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Just catching the fight now.   A draw?  Not for me boss.  I thought Fury outboxed him but the knockdowns and later round wins would have swung it in Wilders favour.

i three a free pound bet on a first round knock out thinking I need to do a long shot, a fucking draw.

Screenshot_20181202-103809.png

• Upvote 1

I never thought much of Fury as a person. I am pretty ignorant about boxing. I was quick to judge him.

But I have been so impressed with the way he has articulated and handled himself around the mental health issues. Hats off.

Robbed and that Mexican judge can fuck off. I'm also surprised that all 3 judges gave Wider the first round. I thought Fury shaded the one. He then just got stronger. Wilder looked fucked especially coming up to midway through the fight. Wilder won't fancy the rematch. 

24 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I never thought much of Fury as a person. I am pretty ignorant about boxing. I was quick to judge him.

But I have been so impressed with the way he has articulated and handled himself around the mental health issues. Hats off.

You weren't quick to judge him, at all.

Fury did make a lot of nasty remarks. He'll be the first to concede he said a lot of of homophobic and misogynistic stuff. 

What attracts a lot of us to him, is the fact that he takes ownership of those comments and says he was wrong. He is bipolar, wrestled with depression and fought with the fact that travellers are the last people in the UK that it's okay to be racist and discriminatory towards.

Using word like "faggot", "nigger", "paki" and "bitch/cunt" will rightly get you thrown off of the BBC, but "gypo" and "pikey" are words you can just apologise for, and just note that, "yeah we all know what they're like."

It's not an easy life for travellers in this country, at all. Much less easy when you have mental health issues and you're from an insular community, because the wider community despises you and your family.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The draw is only the right result if you think Wilder won three rounds other than the two he put Fury on his arse. 

Both fighters have been in lots of fights and both have 'zero' in the 'Lost' column. Fury could have won for winning the most rounds, no doubt. Wilder could have won for being the only man to put the other down and somehow didn't stay down. It was probably best for Fury he went down as another shot like the second one that put him down would have absolutely finished him. The two fighters couldn't settle it and it looks like the judges have had similar problems.

At the end of the fight, neither man could stop the other and they both still have 'zero' in the 'Lost' column. From this perspective, it's a positive result for both fighters - although both could legitimately feel the belt should be with them. 

Best thing to happen for Fury is a rematch and one of them finishes the job. Don't give the judges a job to do, do it yourself.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

What happens to the belt? It was hanging above the ring before the fight. I'd like to think it's still there.

When I watched Wilders ring walk then saw the belt hanging there I thought they had decided to go for a Ladder Match. Was half expecting Shawn Michaels to run into the ring half way through and give them both Sweet Chin Music then grab the belt. 

20 minutes ago, Elite said:

"Dosser" is a brilliant insult by the way

Fury and Wilder did it a legendary job promoting this fight.

Wilder showing up in Belfast 4 months ago screaming Bomb squad, getting into it with Tyson at weigh in, the gloves are off, the boss press conferences. 

Two big, bombastic, giant undefeated, heavyweights; physically and stylistically different. Black, white, American, British, puncher, boxer. And of course, Tyson is the best shit talker in any sport today  - it was a match made in heaven.

BOMB SQUAD!

YA BIG DOSSER!

I don't really rate wilder at all. 

He's never been in with anyone decent, and seems like he thought it'd be an easy night and that fury would be the big name he needs on his CV. 

He found out pretty quickly that it wasn't going to go his way and just kept throwing frustrated haymakers and hoping for the best. It nearly worked for him but Fury is a big daft bastard that doesn't know how to quit. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

There's a replay video here...

http://boxingvideo.org/tyson-fury-vs-deontay-wilder-full-fight-replay/

First video is rejected, second video down seems to deliver.

1st class. Cheers.

Shocked by that. Not necessarily the result, which was poor, but the level of performance from Fury. He is a cock but a much more skilled boxer than I ever imagined.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

There's a replay video here...

http://boxingvideo.org/tyson-fury-vs-deontay-wilder-full-fight-replay/

First video is rejected, second video down seems to deliver.

Bookmark this.

It always has major fights up in HD about 6 hours after the fight, without any spoilers:

http://boxingfights.ucoz.com

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Special K said:

Just watched the fight.

No way was that a draw, no way. 2 knockdown or not, Wilder barely touched Fury with his windmilling

The punches thrown/landed percentages were wildly in Fury's favour. I'd be surprised if any boxing fan had it anything other than  Fury win. Even the judge who favoured Wilder would have had Fury but didn't say because he is a cheat and the sport is full of corrupt cunts. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Bookmark this.

It always has major fights up in HD about 6 hours after the fight, without any spoilers:

http://boxingfights.ucoz.com

Yeah I need something like this, fed up of trying to dodge spoilers when finding fights. Usually I'm greeted by the thumbnail of a fighter sparked out before I've even clicked on anything.