You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Just now, Vonblonberg said:

He retires, a multimillionaire, at 35 and only has only been punched in the head, with any serious intent, a few times.

Hes gamed the game, fair play to him.

The cunt.

Maybe but he still has years left in his life to suffer being a bloo

Boxing imitating football.

Everton start brightly, huff and puff a lot, but don’t create any chances of note. The commentators start talking about a potential upset. Then City suddenly score, and Everton collapse to a humiliating defeat.

Pure Apollo Creed v Ivan Drago.

Bellew started well but gassed himself out. Didn't impress by acting cocky at all. To be fair he landed a few decent digs on Usyk. Once Usyk got going though it was only going one way. 

Ive slagged Bellew off on here in the past for being a prick but he has my respect. He has done more than any of us would have the arse to do x10. Fair play to him and I hope he enjoys his retirement. He has worked, trained and fought for it. I thought he was gonna start sucking Usyk off at the end after it was over and the family stuff started to get a bit Chris Maloney 'Songs for me Nan' but... fair play to the lad. Gutted for him going out with a dig like that but it was inevitable. He has earned his shilling.

If I was a cunt i'd have started whistling Zzzzzz cars after that left. But I didn't. Was gutted for him. 

That was perfect.

I had it 4-3 Bellew and I was seriously panicking.

Should have known better. Usyk is the best fighter in the world and the countdown has begun.

In the next 12 months, he's coming to Wembley to take what Anthony Joshua has got.

14 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

giphy.gif

Lights out...

that punch is even better in replay/

It nearly starts as a straight right but half way into throwing it he decides to make it a hook. Its such a beautiful punch.

The commentators, or should i say cheerleaders where completely dillusional with the scorecards and the whole trajectory of the fight tonight.

Bellew did well, and credt to him, but the first round was a draw, 2 and 3 where bellews (just), Then from round 4 on, usyk decided where and when the fight went, thats a stone cold fact.

I do like Bellew though, he's a normal guy that has made the life of his children a far easier one that i presume he had and i for one applaud him for that. Thats the mark of a good man. regardless of what ever career he chose. The guy has done right by himself and his family. Fair play to him.

Usyk though, what a super fighter he is. With that cockney tosser being his promoter i just hope we get to see him a lot more on sky. He's absolutely fantastic. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

It nearly starts as a straight right but half way into throwing it he decides to make it a hook. Its such a beautiful punch.

The commentators, or should i say cheerleaders where completely dillusional with the scorecards and the whole trajectory of the fight tonight.

Bellew did well, and credt to him, but the first round was a draw, 2 and 3 where bellews (just), Then from round 4 on, usyk decided where and when the fight went, thats a stone cold fact.

I do like Bellew though, he's a normal guy that has made the life of his children a far easier one that i presume he had and i for one applaud him for that. Thats the mark of a good man. regardless of what ever career he chose. The guy has done right by himself and his family. Fair play to him.

Usyk though, what a super fighter he is. With that cockney tosser being his promoter i just hope we get to see him a lot more on sky. He's absolutely fantastic. 

Is right. 

To be fair we all chat a fair bit of shit about some boxers. When you take a step back and think about it, it’s an unbelievably tough way to earn a living. I’ve said a few derogatory things about some fighters and will do so again but deep down I have nothing but respect for anyone who steps into the ring for a fight.

• Upvote 1

I know if you listed their respective characteristics, Usyk comes across as a nicer lad, but I've been eager all week for Tony Bellew to win.  A local lad made good.  He's honest and open, and I would have loved for him to overcome the massive odds.  He was fighting a superior opponent, and he knew it.  He went for it and came up short.  I'm not for backing the British person just because they're British, but I've got a real soft spot for Liverpool boxers.

Just a quick word about Sky.  They've worn the British public down into accepting the over-use of ludicrous on-screen graphics and whooshing noises and 2-hour pre-football match build up - hardly anyone complains any more.

But I really hope they haven't got away with their post-fight coverage last night.  The interviewer needed to take the microphone away from a clearly-affected Bellew after he had exhausted his gushing comments about Usyk.  Everybody could surely see it.  It was just toe-curling.  Get in there, get your soundbite and get out.  By the end of it, I felt like I'd gone 10 rounds I'd been cringing that much.

I hate Sky.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Wept salt tears, no less.

Get your purple prose out for the lads.

Even at this, time, I am still feel. I am still very feel.

That was exactly what you wanted. A highly competitive fight, that ends with an Usyk exclamation mark and him announcing himself to the British public as they guy coming for all AJ holds dear.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Unless I'm watching some fucked up mirror image wasn't it the left that was the knockout blow ?  Is Usyk a southpaw ?