You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

2 decent cards on tonight & no ppv involved.

Lewis Ritson title fight on Sky Sports Action (7pm onwards )

And an interesting one on C5 ( 10pm ) Martin Bakole , a new-ish ( 11-0 ) 6 foot 6 ins Scottish-based Congolese heavyweight that Barry McGuigan has been banging on about for ages as a potential worldie & has sparred 100 rounds with Joshua , fighting Michael Hunter an American Olympian (14-1 ) whose loss was on points to to a certain lad called Usyk.

Has boxing been kidnapped by darts?

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Cant believe nobody has put up a link to Wilder yet

He said he didn't think someone was in the mascot suit 

Poor cunts had his jaw bust

If anything he's hit him a little too well there

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, sir roger said:

Disappointed with Ritson's performance , but he showed a lot of heart after being hurt with the body shot & he can come again. Might need a change of trainer as his only tactic seems to be to walk through any shots like the mummy.

Yeah me too. I had high hopes for the lad considering the way he walked through British level but last night he was very poor and looked fucked after 6 rounds. The most worrying part is that Masher Dodd has beaten Patera.

Ritson can come back from this but he needs to do a lot more than walking forward, throwing single shots. I think he's a victim of believing his own hype a bit and the massive amount of pressure headlining cards when he's still a relative novice.

• Upvote 2

Only just got round to watching this in full. Its fucking nuts. So much respect to begin with then bam! Fury is a funny funny bastard. I really hope he wins because him in a build up with Joshua would be box office alone. 

And I can't believe Fury is only 30. I'm 4 years older than him and look half the age of the cunt 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Only just got round to watching this in full. Its fucking nuts. So much respect to begin with then bam! Fury is a funny funny bastard. I really hope he wins because him in a build up with Joshua would be box office alone. 

And I can't believe Fury is only 30. I'm 4 years older than him and look half the age of the cunt 

He would definitely wind AJ up and get into his head.

14 minutes ago, Elite said:

He would definitely wind AJ up and get into his head.

Ive just watched the highlights of the Wilder/Ortiz fight back as well and Ortiz had Wilder in rounds 7 and 8. Should have fucking finished him then. Wilder is very wild especially with his counters. It will be a lot closer than expected this. I can see Fury getting at least 12 rounds out of it. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ive just watched the highlights of the Wilder/Ortiz fight back as well and Ortiz had Wilder in rounds 7 and 8. Should have fucking finished him then. Wilder is very wild especially with his counters. It will be a lot closer than expected this. I can see Fury getting at least 12 rounds out of it. 

Fury can no doubt outbox him but if Wilder lands a bomb it's good night and I don't think this version of Fury can stay out of the way for 12 rounds. I'd love to be wrong as Fury's a great character and him Vs AJ would be brilliant.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Fury can no doubt outbox him but if Wilder lands a bomb it's good night and I don't think this version of Fury can stay out of the way for 12 rounds. I'd love to be wrong as Fury's a great character and him Vs AJ would be brilliant.

Yep. 

Fuck me. I don’t think I’ve ever cringed as much as when I was watching that clip. What a pair of twats. 

Just seeing either of them get laid out would be satisfying for everyone but the universe doesn’t work like that. It’ll end up as a snooze fest, leaving them both free to carry on rattling shite for many more years. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Fuck me. I don’t think I’ve ever cringed as much as when I was watching that clip. What a pair of twats. 

Just seeing either of them get laid out would be satisfying for everyone but the universe doesn’t work like that. It’ll end up as a snooze fest, leaving them both free to carry on rattling shite for many more years. 

You must want Fury to win just for the Joshua fight/build up. It was funny though, the interviewer asked about 2 questions and they both (Mainly Fury) just rattled on for 25 minutes. 

Plus in more recent times I’m sure Chisora was mocking Haye’s defeat to Bellew from ringside.

I also recall seeing some other row between the two of them a month or two ago (may not have been when it happened, like) to do with another of Haye’s fighters, where Chisora was giving Haye pelters.

Obviously a needs must situation, and one to watch with the popcorn out.

7 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Plus in more recent times I’m sure Chisora was mocking Haye’s defeat to Bellew from ringside.

I also recall seeing some other row between the two of them a month or two ago (may not have been when it happened, like) to do with another of Haye’s fighters, where Chisora was giving Haye pelters.

Obviously a needs must situation, and one to watch with the popcorn out.

All a circus mate. Its like WWF. I bet they fight each other within 12 months. Its all got a Rocky/Tommy Gun esque ring to it. Fucking joke most of boxing these days. I'll still watch. Be funny if Chisora bangs Haye out as well. Cant stand either of them even though Haye in his prime was fucking boss.