You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Povetkin and Parker are not as good as Ortiz

Based on what? Other than Wilder who beat him, his toughest opponent is basically Barry from the local chip shop.  He hasn't even reached the stage of fighting eastern European plumbers.  He's just tricky because of his Southpaw stance and thats it.

Just go look at his record and then come back and tell me one decent opponent he has ever beaten?  Just one...  Il be waiting.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, karl1987 said:

None of which is true but keep believing that if you want....

I don't have a strong opinion either way. They're both big punchers, and pretty ordinary boxers. I'm just not convinced Joshua's turtle stomach is going to give him the edge.

It’s a bit mad really. I don’t know what people want from him. He’s always in entertaining fights, beats whatever’s put in front of him usually with devastating KOs and is clearly the best heavyweight on the planet. Yes, he’s flawed and I understand the desire to see Eddie Hearn’s cash cow take a beating but can’t we just enjoy something for what it is sometimes? A bloody good, charismatic, entertaining fighter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Just now, moof said:

It’s a bit mad really. I don’t know what people want from him. He’s always in entertaining fights, beats whatever’s put in front of him usually with devastating KOs and is clearly the best heavyweight on the planet. Yes, he’s flawed and I understand the desire to see Eddie Hearn’s cash cow take a beating but can’t we just enjoy something for what it is sometimes? A bloody good, charismatic, entertaining fighter. 

Didn't realise you was a Liverpool fan Eddie 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, karl1987 said:

Based on what? Other than Wilder who beat him, his toughest opponent is basically Barry from the local chip shop.  He hasn't even reached the stage of fighting eastern European plumbers.  He's just tricky because of his Southpaw stance and thats it.

Just go look at his record and then come back and tell me one decent opponent he has ever beaten?  Just one...  Il be waiting.

And what have the other two done

Parker scrapped past Takem, was shite against Whyte

Povetkin has been crap since his drugs ban, was very lucky to get past Price

4 minutes ago, moof said:

You would think wouldn’t you

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

And what have the other two done

Parker scrapped past Takem, was shite against Whyte

Povetkin has been crap since his drugs ban, was very lucky to get past Price

The same Whyte who Joshua also beat.  The same Povetkin who has only ever been beaten once and that was by a prime Klitschko. And never been ko'd before.....  Face the facts, Joshua's record is second to none from this current lot of heavyweights.

Wilder hasn't even come close to fighting anyone close to Joshua's class.  And if they ever do fight, Joshua will knock him spark out when Deontay starts windmilling and leaving himself wide open as usual.... 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I fear for Lee if AJ beats Wilder.

Couldn't care less if he does

It's pretty much a 50/50 fight

I just can't be doing with the normal overhype of AJ(or any british fighter), the media spin and that smug cunt Hearns grin when he has milked another shit tonne of millions for what is really close to the best fighters in the world. 

I'm no fan of Wilder i would just like to see the face on Hearn if/when AJ gets beat and he sees the money train coming crashing to a end. 

Heavyweight boxing if competitive but a joke in class terms

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Couldn't care less if he does

It's pretty much a 50/50 fight

I just can't be doing with the normal overhype of AJ(or any british fighter), the media spin and that smug cunt Hearns grin when he has milked another shit tonne of millions for what is really close to the best fighters in the world. 

I'm no fan of Wilder i would just like to see the face on Hearn if/when AJ gets beat and he sees the money train coming crashing to a end. 

Heavyweight boxing if competitive but a joke in class terms

So your desire to see Joshua beaten , or at least your ambivalence towards him is a projection of your hatred for Hearn? bizarre, Hearn has more money than he can spend in several lifetimes, Joshua losing won’t alter that.

if Joshua gets bonfired Hearn simply moves on to his next golden egg,  We’ve not had anybody this good since Lewis, just enjoy him, that’s my pennysworth anyway.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

So your desire to see Joshua beaten , or at least your ambivalence towards him is a projection of your hatred for Hearn? bizarre, Hearn has more money than he can spend in several lifetimes, Joshua losing won’t alter that.

if Joshua gets bonfired Hearn simply moves on to his next golden egg,  We’ve not had anybody this good since Lewis, just enjoy him, that’s my pennysworth anyway.

If despise Hearn is bizarre i don't wanna be right.

I don't really know anything about boxing, so my thoughts on Joshua are pretty simple.

On the one hand, I admire how he took a big hit from Klitschko but got up and went on to win the fight.

On the other, he hangs around with Tony Bellew and so deserves any kicking he gets.