You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

14 hours ago, SammyAftershave said:

Golovikin's biggest fight is against the Las Vegas bent-arsed money making machine and all the ped's, dodgy decisions and Oscar De La Hoya mexican bank holiday bullshit's associated with it. Loaded deck, the only way the rightful winner of the last fight to win this one is via KO. Unlikely to happen. File under 'reasons to hate boxing'.

Some sage seen this coming.

• Like 1

Great fight. Lived up to the hype. Wouldn't have been mad with another draw but think Golovkin paid from being the less spectacular fighter early on. He was peppering him with jabs but only really started mixing it up after round 8 and Canelo's hand speed was phenomenal in the beginning.

For me Golovkin edged it just because after round 8 he put on a clinic and it's a shame because he should've won the first fight and now he's 0 for.

Just now, SammyAftershave said:

Some sage seen this coming.

It was the same with Mayweather before

Not that he ever needed much help on the cards but the bending off rules and if you believe Thomas Hauser the ignoring a few failed tests he held call the cards in Vegas

I'm not sure I agree this is an awful decision, there appeared to be a lot of close rounds and they seem very evenly matched. I thought it was very tough to score.

What's the worst decision you've seen? I reckon Reid vs Ottke, that was incredibly dodgy.

I thought the first half of the fight was tough to score.

If Canelo fights the exact fight GGG did, and vice versa, we all know who wins. Including, GGG. And for that reason he should have been more aggressive from the first bell. He knew if it went to the judges he would lose. He had to.

Jeff Fenech vs Azumah Nelson on the Mike Tyson undercard is the most obviously rigged decision that immediately springs to mind....Don King jumps into the ring announce 'Hey, that was such a great fight, lets do it all over again'. Fenech had just bounced him all over the floor. Much to King's financial benefit and guess who won the rematch. So bent out of shape it should be subject to a federal investigation.

I have to disagree Kevin. They seemed pretty confident in GGG's corner in between rounds too. Rigged result for me, not too hard to see it coming down the pass. It's all about keeping the money rolling in to Las Vegas. It's a shame that the integrity of the sport of boxing  has to be sacrificed, however, this is boxing and it is Las Vegas. Personally I think it stinks to high heaven.

3 minutes ago, SammyAftershave said:

I have to disagree Kevin. They seemed pretty confident in GGG's corner in between rounds too. Rigged result for me, not too hard to see it coming down the pass. It's all about keeping the money rolling in to Las Vegas. It's a shame that the integrity of the sport of boxing  has to be sacrificed, however, this is boxing and it is Las Vegas. Personally I think it stinks to high heaven.

Yeah, no worries.

I know that you're fair and you know I'm a GGG guy.

I thought Canelo really brought the fight to him, was too quick, and let his combinations go and won 6 of the first 8.

GGG stormed the back half of the fight and really took it to him.

Again, I scored it even. It was a fight for the ages.

GGG by 3 for me. There'd never ever be a way I could score that fight to Canelo.

At absolute best he could have got a draw. I'm bloody sick of this shit in boxing. Golovkin done it all the hard way his whole career, only to be robbed by corruption and that piece of horrible shit De La Hoya on his two biggest nights.

I hope someone retires that cunt Canelo in his next bout. 

I had Canelo winning the first half 4-2

And Golovkin winning the second half 5-1

Was always going to be the case that if its even a moderately close round then it swings in Canelo's favour. They'll justify it by saying Canelo had the better ring control or some shit. 

I don't think there will be a third fight, no way they'll risk fighting outside of Vegas, and they'll take the piss with the percentage they offer GGG

20 minutes ago, byrnie said:

GGG by 3 for me. There'd never ever be a way I could score that fight to Canelo.

At absolute best he could have got a draw. I'm bloody sick of this shit in boxing. Golovkin done it all the hard way his whole career, only to be robbed by corruption and that piece of horrible shit De La Hoya on his two biggest nights.

I hope someone retires that cunt Canelo in his next bout. 

I posted this earlier in this thread, but I'm going to post it again:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=783150&highlight=Daniel

At the very, very least 17 of them absolutely ducked GGG. As in, if you were an ambitious US Attorney who wanted to run for governor and wanted your record to shine, you would take 17 of these cleanly to trial.

We watched everybody duck this man, and in that time, did you ever think you'd see a man meet him square in the middle of the ring and back him up? GGG is the baddest motherfucker of our generation and Canelo went straight after him in the middle of the ring. 

It was the iconic title fight we always hoped for. 

The boy became a man, and the man became a legend.