You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

• 2 weeks later...

Reading on BBC about a new Irish world champion. A  lad from Portlaoise called TJ Doheny has won Frampton's old strap ,the IBF Super Bantamweight one, by doing it the hard way deposing a Japanese guy ( Iwasa ) in Tokyo.

I admit I had never heard of him but it appears he wasn't picked for Ireland in the 2008 Olympics and emigrated to Sydney where he has fought ever since.

Looks like a potential good unification match up with Ryan Burnett.

Reading on BBC about a new Irish world champion. A  lad from Portlaoise called TJ Doheny has won Frampton's old strap ,the IBF Super Bantamweight one, by doing it the hard way deposing a Japanese guy ( Iwasa ) in Tokyo.

I admit I had never heard of him but it appears he wasn't picked for Ireland in the 2008 Olympics and emigrated to Sydney where he has fought ever since.

Looks like a potential good unification match up with Ryan Burnett.

He beat Frampton as an amateur as well.

He beat Frampton as an amateur as well.

Are you going, tonight?

The press conference with Fury and Wilder shouting was obviously hyped and staged, but it was fucking gold.

The build up to their fight will be over the top, a real circus and funny as fuck.

I cannot wait.

Are you going, tonight?

The press conference with Fury and Wilder shouting was obviously hyped and staged, but it was fucking gold.

The build up to their fight will be over the top, a real circus and funny as fuck.

I cannot wait.

Footage of Wilder chasing Billy Joe Saunders out of a Nandos in Belfast doing the rounds.

Appears Saunders through half a lemon and herb chicken at him.

Footage of Wilder chasing Billy Joe Saunders out of a Nandos in Belfast doing the rounds.

That's pretty funny if true. Would loved Wilder to have decked the prick.

Apparently, it's not Wilder himself, but a member of his entourage.

Must say, that I was absolutely gutted when I found out.

If the WBC heavyweight champion of the world was in Belfast and had the WBO Middleweight champion of the world throw chicken at him in Nando's then subsequently chased that man down in said restaurant... well, I don't know how it could possibly get any better than that.

Having said that, it might get better than that, tomorrow. Shannon Briggs is on his way: Screenshot_20180813-191058.png

• Upvote 1

I was not going to go as there is a Fleadh fesitival on in my town. But now I'm going to try and get up.

Fury's 'fans' could kick off and cause carnage though.

Briggs, Saunders, Wilder, Fury and chicken. What a mix!

Saunders went over to say hello to Wilder, offered his hand and Wilder askes him 'did you call me a racist cunt'?

Saunders said yeah and Wilder sprung up. That's how it kicked off.

• Upvote 1

I was not going to go as there is a Fleadh fesitival on in my town. But now I'm going to try and get up.

Fury's 'fans' could kick off and cause carnage though.

Briggs, Saunders, Wilder, Fury and chicken. What a mix!

Saunders went over to say hello to Wilder, offered his hand and Wilder askes him 'did you call me a racist cunt'?

Saunders said yeah and Wilder sprung up. That's how it kicked off.

Haha! That second part is wild; Fury and Wilder with 4 months of build up before their fight is going to be like nothing we've ever seen before. The face off! The 24/7! The press conferences!

Two giant, undefeated men, with a legitimate claim to the crown who are both full blown nutters and talk that shit.

It's kind of hard to put this into words for other people, but when you go to the boxing and a traveller is on the card it can get really hairy. That's not to say all travellers spend their days looking for fights, but at boxing events there tends to be a traveller contingent who can get down right inhospitable.

Stay safe, man.

Im happy that Fury and Wilder looks to be set. Simply because it should stop AJ team holding all the cards. The winner will hold the QBC and Lineal workd titles. Fury was also the last Ring Champion. Sets things uo nucely with AJ wanting everything his own way.

What time will the Fury fight be on at tonight?

Best to switch Bt on at 8:15.

Good chance the Fury fight will be a showcase but the best flyweight in the world is fighting a pretty good Irish lad for the title. Good Ko record and they both come forward, genuine 50/50, so should have decent action.

• Upvote 1