You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Did anybody see that ridiculous story on the BBC about Danny Williams losing his WBU Heavyweight 'title' to a Lee McAllister who was a career welterweight, in Aberdeen at the weekend ? The guy had gone up 5 divisions to fight him.

Wondered at first whether it was an internet joke but it seems not. How was Williams ever still a champ in the first place and how was this bout ever sanctioned ?

On a different matter , the card including Sean Dodd's fight against Joe Cordina is on Sky Action on Saturday night.

Dodd is a decent test for Cordina.

Dodd is a decent test for Cordina.

Looking forward to it , Elite.

Not sure if it is of interest to any , but there is a 90 minute documentary on BBC4 tonight ( 9 o'clock I think ) challenging the premise that Light Heavyweight world champ Freddie Mills committed suicide. He was an interesting character who mixed with the likes of The Krays and Richardsons.

Used to love Danny Williams when he was a borderline top ten heavyweight. His win against Mark Potter was incredible, so much courage. Then beating scumbag Tyson was a proper good overcoming evil moment.

The last 12+ years he's been a complete journeyman which is a bit of a shame, especially this latest defeat. Hope he's made enough money to retire properly.

• Upvote 1

Warren says he has lost another 2 stone since his last fight but I still think he will struggle to be at top level before Xmas. Having said that Wilder is very lazy in fights and Fury is a mauler so who knows.

He's definitely in good shape but it's the lack of rounds that concern me. Be great if Fury won though, he'd ruin AJ in the build up if they ever fought.

Parker's team are apparently putting an appeal in about the fight with Whyte. Saying the headbutt that was counted as a knockdown when it shouldn't have been and that made him dizzy for the next few rounds. Then Whyte was holding and pushing and leaning on Parker etc....

Jack Carterall v O'Hara Davies

Daniel Dubois v Kevin Johnson

Both announced for October 8th.

Quite funny that Dubois is fighting Johnson. Johnson did beat Fury's opponent by TKO less than a year ago too...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Parker's team are apparently putting an appeal in about the fight with Whyte. Saying the headbutt that was counted as a knockdown when it shouldn't have been and that made him dizzy for the next few rounds. Then Whyte was holding and pushing and leaning on Parker etc....

Jack Carterall v O'Hara Davies

Daniel Dubois v Kevin Johnson

Both announced for October 8th.

Quite funny that Dubois is fighting Johnson. Johnson did beat Fury's opponent by TKO less than a year ago too...

That's a decent card. Catteral v Davies is a good competitive fight and Johnson's s step up for Dubois .

Dodd v Cordina tonight, I'm not watching most of the card but think it's on about 10pm.

Got it on.

Not been great so far.

Yeleussinov isn't living up to the hype for me. That Anthony Sims Jr won in the 4th round and looked alright too. Nothing major.

Got it on.

Not been great so far.

Yeleussinov isn't living up to the hype for me. That Anthony Sims Jr won in the 4th round and looked alright too. Nothing major.

These prospect Vs bum shows are usually pretty dull.

Cordina Vs Dodd is interesting as it's a decent step up for Cordina as Dodd is game as fuck. Still think Cordina will win by stoppage mid to late.

These prospect Vs bum shows are usually pretty dull.

Cordina Vs Dodd is interesting as it's a decent step up for Cordina as Dodd is game as fuck. Still think Cordina will win by stoppage mid to late.

I usually like them. The one with Benn nearly getting smashed last time was a great bill all the way through.

I usually like them. The one with Benn nearly getting smashed last time was a great bill all the way through.

I just don't find the one sided beatdowns very entertaining but you do get the odd journeyman that 'finds out' some of these prospects.