You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Whyte / Parker fight is actually a god scrap but putting it on PPV is a fucking joke from Hearn, the horrible greedy cockney twat, which is a shame because everybody is complaining about that instead of praising the fight.

It could be alright if he does what he did with that Brook/Gavin card back in 2015.  When he had Brook/Gavin (IBF world title), Gradovich/Selby (IBF world title), Linares/Mitchell (WBC world title), Ryder/Blackwell (British title) and it had a green Anthony Joshua fighting Kevin Johnson too.  That was a boss card, which didn't have any stand out big names on it.  So here's hoping he does something like that with this.

Whyte / Parker fight is actually a god scrap but putting it on PPV is a fucking joke from Hearn, the horrible greedy cockney twat, which is a shame because everybody is complaining about that instead of praising the fight.

It could be alright if he does what he did with that Brook/Gavin card back in 2015. When he had Brook/Gavin (IBF world title), Gradovich/Selby (IBF world title), Linares/Mitchell (WBC world title), Ryder/Blackwell (British title) and it had a green Anthony Joshua fighting Kevin Johnson too. That was a boss card, which didn't have any stand out big names on it. So here's hoping he does something like that with this.

It'll be a mixture of Sky and Hearn. Apart from Joshua (and Bellew v Haye), Matchroom currently don't have many stand out PPV fights or fighters. Obviously they have a contract saying they need to do X amount of PPV shows so this is probably something he thinks is close to being PPV.

I'm sure Parker won't be cheap either. I agree with you saying it needs a decent bill though. It'll probably be Buatsi, Okolie, Fowler etc... That sort of thing. Fowler v Cheeseman would be a decent fight on that bill. Still needs a decent co event. Brook apparently is rumoured to be it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

It'll be a mixture of Sky and Hearn. Apart from Joshua (and Bellew v Haye), Matchroom currently don't have many stand out PPV fights or fighters. Obviously they have a contract saying they need to do X amount of PPV shows so this is probably something he thinks is close to being PPV.

I'm sure Parker won't be cheap either. I agree with you saying it needs a decent bill though. It'll probably be Buatsi, Okolie, Fowler etc... That sort of thing. Fowler v Cheeseman would be a decent fight on that bill. Still needs a decent co event. Brook apparently is rumoured to be it.

I'm sure I read that he has to put on 6 PPV's a year.  Sky massively overpaid for the footy, so they're trying to get it back anyway they can.  I'm very surprised he hasn't put Chisora / Whyte 2 on PPV.

I'm sure I read that he has to put on 6 PPV's a year. Sky massively overpaid for the footy, so they're trying to get it back anyway they can. I'm very surprised he hasn't put Chisora / Whyte 2 on PPV.

Yeah, that was the number I had in mind too.

Joshua v Parker

Bellew v Haye 2

Whyte v Parker

Joshua v whoever is lined up for summer time and then probably a late one

So one more after this. Can't think who'd be PPV worthy in all honesty.

Yeah, that was the number I had in mind too.

Joshua v Parker

Bellew v Haye 2

Whyte v Parker

Joshua v whoever is lined up for summer time and then probably a late one

So one more after this. Can't think who'd be PPV worthy in all honesty.

Khan/Brook?  Doubt it gets made like but you never know.  I did read that he was thinking of bringing the new Pacquaio moving circus to England for Khan. That would sell and it's very easy to make now Pacquiao is basically just a Harlem globetrotter attraction.  Failing that, Bellew/Ward?  Bellew/WBSS winner?  He could sign free agent Degale on a one fight deal and do Groves/Degale2 or not sign Degale if Smith wins and do Smith/Degale?  Can't think of much else.

I wonder if Sky/Eddie will pick up the WBSS this season too, they could do some stuff with that Bantamweight one.

It could be alright if he does what he did with that Brook/Gavin card back in 2015. When he had Brook/Gavin (IBF world title), Gradovich/Selby (IBF world title), Linares/Mitchell (WBC world title), Ryder/Blackwell (British title) and it had a green Anthony Joshua fighting Kevin Johnson too. That was a boss card, which didn't have any stand out big names on it. So here's hoping he does something like that with this.

I reckon there's bound to be a few other decent fights on it, considering that whyte Parker isn't even a title fight.

It's absurd and dangerous.

Seferi is gonna hit the deck after the first semi-hard punch he takes.

Then he's gonna fuck off back to Albania with his sack of cash pissing himself laughing.

Then Fury will brag about being the king coming to take his crown back, maybe even sing a song.

And at the end of it we'll have learned fuck all about boxing.

Seferi is gonna hit the deck after the first semi-hard punch he takes.

Then he's gonna fuck off back to Albania with his sack of cash pissing himself laughing.

Then Fury will brag about being the king coming to take his crown back, maybe even sing a song.

And at the end of it we'll have learned fuck all about boxing.

I know it's all a load of bollocks but it is still a professionally licensed boxing contest. 4st gap between fighters is ridiculous.

I know it's all a load of bollocks but it is still a professionally licensed boxing contest. 4st gap between fighters is ridiculous.

I know it's not the same thing but Valuev was regularly in fights with about 6-7 stone difference.

I thought Fury still looked overly flabby, looks like a middle aged body

He did but good on him for getting back down to the weight he is at the moment and overcoming everything he has. I'm not his biggest fan but good on him.

I wish he was in with a better opponent tomorrow night. Not saying a top 10 obviously but at least someone whose a natural heavyweight.