You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Froch was a massive bellend during the entire build-up to the Ward fight.  That's why it was even more pleasing when Ward dominated him and roughed him up in the process.  Then said after the fight "he was actually quite awkward to fight because we knew he was slow, but didn't expect him to be that slow."

Excellent rustling from Ward.

The BJS / Murray fight had done 3000 tickets at the o2 arena, it's obvious Saunders is getting the Golovkin or Canelo fight now.  I feel sorry for Murray but he never really deserved the fight anyway and this is what happens when you get into bed with Frank.

I actually find myself agreeing with Froch though. Andre Ward may be a great boxer but he is boring as fuck to watch.

Agreed. Just a hustler. Brilliant record which is all that really matters but all the best p4p stuff was bollocks.
  • Upvote 1

Not a chance, Ward was special and his record speaks for itself.  He was the P4P best when he retired and one of the best of this generation.

He cleaned out super middleweight and then moved up and beat the most feared boxer at the time.  The boring tag is a myth as well, he wasn't as defensive as say Mayweather, he pressed the action at times and could adapt to any style. 

• Upvote 2

Kal Yafai’s scrap was a good one on Saturday night. Think he realised that a string of boring points wins were damaging his saleability and decided in his USA debut to go a bit fan-friendly and against a puncher it made for a belter.

Kept meaning to reply to this and then not! Cracking fight that wasn’t it mate. As you say, will have done his profile no harm over there. Stood up to a good few cracks really well too.

Not a chance, Ward was special and his record speaks for itself. He was the P4P best when he retired and one of the best of this generation.

He cleaned out super middleweight and then moved up and beat the most feared boxer at the time. The boring tag is a myth as well, he wasn't as defensive as say Mayweather, he pressed the action at times and could adapt to any style.

He was just a wall. I'm not saying he wasn't decent.

He was just a wall. I'm not saying he wasn't decent.

Decent? Fucking hell Stig.

He beat everyone at SMW with ease. Beat Froch one-handed. Beat Kovalev twice. He's incredibly skilful. Hard fucker as well.

He'd be one of the best in any era.

Agree with Dan. He's only boring to some people because he was too good.

What age did he lose his last fight? 12?

He went on to hustle his way to 115-5 as an amateur. Hustled an Olympic gold medal and then multiple titles in two weight classes.

• Upvote 2

Decent? Fucking hell Stig.

He beat everyone at SMW with ease. Beat Froch one-handed. Beat Kovalev twice. He's incredibly skilful. Hard fucker as well.

He'd be one of the best in any era.

Agree with Dan. He's only boring to some people because he was too good.

What age did he lose his last fight? 12?

He went on to hustle his way to 115-5 as an amateur. Hustled an Olympic gold medal and then multiple titles in two weight classes.

Special fighter, there can't be many boxers this side of the 00s with a better winning resume.

He's excellent at headbutting and wrestling. Can't say i've seen him fight much, if at all. Only time he ever let his hands go was on a weight drained Chad Dawson.

I almost thought you was being serious for a second.

• Upvote 1

He low blowed Kovalev as many times as Golota did in that finishing salvo against Bowe and got a KO victory for it. He got his arse kicked in the first Kovalev fight and got one of those home cooked decisions as well.

• Upvote 1

He low blowed Kovalev as many times as Golota did in that finishing salvo against Bowe and got a KO victory for it. He got his arse kicked in the first Kovalev fight and got one of those home cooked decisions as well.

He beat Kovalev in the first and took his soul in the second.

• Upvote 1

enough of getting punched in the bollocks...

Unfortunately I haven't seen enough of Ward's fights to compare him, although he is obviously really good, however I thought Kovalev won the first one, and whilst I thought Ward was winning the 2nd, Kovalev was clearly hit very low a few times

• Upvote 1

I'm really looking forward to the boxing tonight, belter little card for a Wednesday evening at York Hall.

Okolie / Watkins will end early, Watkins doesn't have a chin.  Cheeseman Vs Paul Upton will be a decenmt scrap, both undefeated.  Upton used to be with Hatton but I think all of the "Upton clan" left him a year or so ago.  Reece Bellotii Vs Ryan Doyle will steal the show though, that will be a boss scrap and I wouldn't be surprised if Doyle won.

This is crazy. Bear in mind Duran is 37 here. He slips 4 punches between 6.13 and 6.15. Also check out 5.13 where he makes Benn miss 5 punches and then uses his momentum to push him into the ropes. Old school.

• Upvote 1

This is crazy. Bear in mind Duran is 37 here. He slips 4 punches between 6.13 and 6.15. Also check out 5.13 where he makes Benn miss 5 punches and then uses his momentum to push him into the ropes. Old school.

Yeah that's a great clip.

I'm really looking forward to the boxing tonight, belter little card for a Wednesday evening at York Hall.

Okolie / Watkins will end early, Watkins doesn't have a chin. Cheeseman Vs Paul Upton will be a decenmt scrap, both undefeated. Upton used to be with Hatton but I think all of the "Upton clan" left him a year or so ago. Reece Bellotii Vs Ryan Doyle will steal the show though, that will be a boss scrap and I wouldn't be surprised if Doyle won.

Fucking hell I didn’t half call that did I. What a fight and Doyle stopped him. 8/1 you could get on Doyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell I didn’t half call that did I. What a fight and Doyle stopped him. 8/1 you could get on Doyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair play. Another matchroom prospect gets found out!