You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Something like a 10-9.5 round if it's very close and a clear one gets a 10-9, could promote more action as well.

Or something like a 10-9 round but if it's a battering then it's 10 and an advantage-9

The advantages don't add to the main score but the boxer with the most advantages gains the win in the case of a draw.

In the Jack / Stevenson fight I wondered if some judges may have taken account of the 3 low blows Jack was warned for even though the ref didn’t indicate an official point off.

In the Selby fight when him and his corner kept moaning about blows to the back of his head I wanted the ref to say ‘ well stop turning your back then softlad ‘.

Anyone mentioned Furys comeback fight vs Seferi?

I expected an easy one but this taking the piss a bit.

Yeah, his record is terrible. Only ever fought people who have 5 winning records and one was his loss. Plus he's a cruiserweight. You can't really expect much else though. Apparently Briggs is signed up for October too.

I don’t think maths is the strong point of a lot of these judges. Have you seen how long some of them take to work it out at the end? If you start throwing .5’s in there as well it’ll blow their minds.

Ha true, it takes them long enough to add up the scorecards and then you try to explain how the boxer who wins by .5 to the drunkarses in the crowd.

I didn't expect much better for Fury's first fight in 3 years.  Seferi is no worse than say Lo Greco who Khan fought after 2 years off.  The issue is, Seferi has a chin and can go rounds, which is the last thing you want because it won't take people long to remember how boring Fury fights were haha.

I didn't expect much better for Fury's first fight in 3 years. Seferi is no worse than say Lo Greco who Khan fought after 2 years off. The issue is, Seferi has a chin and can go rounds, which is the last thing you want because it won't take people long to remember how boring Fury fights were haha.

I think some of the casuals have jumped on the Fury train due to his reputation without them actually having watched him fight. He's a boring fighter but his style will give Joshua kittens.

I think some of the casuals have jumped on the Fury train due to his reputation without them actually having watched him fight. He's a boring fighter but his style will give Joshua kittens.

Fury’s most entertaining fights are when he’s up against much smaller men. I’m looking forward to him being put on his arse, before getting up, leaning on the other lad until he’s fucked and finally getting the KO due to his sheer size.

Yeah, his record is terrible. Only ever fought people who have 5 winning records and one was his loss. Plus he's a cruiserweight. You can't really expect much else though. Apparently Briggs is signed up for October too.

He has fought at heavyweight once, and that was the fight he lost

He has fought at heavyweight once, and that was the fight he lost

Yeah, but Charr is no great shakes either.

I do agree that people will be expecting one thing from Fury due to the away from the ring hype. I got offered a ticket for the fight the day they came out, but the cheapest hotel I could find was north of 200 quid. I enjoy a night at the boxing like, but fuck that.

Yeah, but Charr is no great shakes either.

I do agree that people will be expecting one thing from Fury due to the away from the ring hype. I got offered a ticket for the fight the day they came out, but the cheapest hotel I could find was north of 200 quid. I enjoy a night at the boxing like, but fuck that.

I live in Manchester, you can kip on my couch for £199.99
  • Upvote 1

Just a heads up guys that the McDonnell v Inoue fight is at 1pm our time TODAY on Sky, it’s a Friday night fight in Japan

Inoue has rehydrated to 131lbs, and McDonnell has rehydrated 26lbs to 144. He's essentially gone up 5 weight divisions overnight, which is the most I can remember just now.

If Sky show the undercard after the main event, stick around, Shiro scored a beautiful knockout bodyshot.

Inoue has rehydrated to 131lbs, and McDonnell has rehydrated 26lbs to 144. He's essentially gone up 5 weight divisions overnight, which is the most I can remember just now.

If Sky show the undercard after the main event, stick around, Shiro scored a beautiful knockout bodyshot.

That's ridiculous!

It looks like this lad has some serious power though. McDonnell is a very good defensive boxer and he looked like he was terrified of being hit.