You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Can't see Warrington holding the belt for very long, he's bang average.

I think he'll have it for a while.

A guy who can draw 15-20k people is going to be fighting at home against average opponents for the next year, at an absolute minimum.

They need a different way of scoring these fights, the scorings a disgrace more often than not. How was that a split? Warrington won that easily in my opinion.

By the way how shit is this production, Eddie Hearn will be pissing himself at how amateur this is. He’s a massive whopper and I can’t stand half of what he does and says but his boxing shows are 1st Class.

I think he'll have it for a while.

A guy who can draw 15-20k people is going to be fighting at home against average opponents for the next year, at an absolute minimum.

You are probably correct from a business perspective but he's really nothing special.

They need a different way of scoring these fights, the scorings a disgrace more often than not. How was that a split? Warrington won that easily in my opinion.

By the way how shit is this production, Eddie Hearn will be pissing himself at how amateur this is. He’s a massive whopper and I can’t stand half of what he does and says but his boxing shows are 1st Class.

Cuts or no cuts, Warrington won easy, as you say. It was a good fight, except it became a bit more dull when it was apparent neither one had the power to drop the other.

I had a weird feeling Warrington would do that all week, Selby's dead at the weight.  I doubt we'll see him again, the only reason he was half relevant was because of the belt.  He isn't a name, he doesn't sell tickets and now he'll be in a new division with fuck all to offer anybody.

Jack / Stevenson was boss from round 6 onwards, I had Jack winning but he never fights for the full 3 minutes of a round so all his draws are on him.  He showed Stevenson far too much respect at the start.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, its kind of fitting that him and DeGale drew, they both give away far too many rounds when they don't need to

Weird isn't it mate, Degale does it because I think he has stamina issues (even though Jim McDonnell repeatedly tells us he's a 15 round fighter" - but Jack seems to be a bit of a stamina machine, so it doesn't make sense.  I wouldn't mind a rematch between Jack and Stevenson but Adonis only fights once a year and if I was Jack I wouldn't be waiting until mid-2019 to fight again.

The interviewer made a good point when he was speaking to Jack, along the lines that the rounds Jack wins he absolutely batters his opponent but the ones he loses its by a small margin.

I’d love Warren to seriously rival Matchroom but this is abysmal production. The stadium is a third full, they’ve got the Kaiser Chiefs doing the walk on music and for some reason Tyson Fury is waiting in the ring. It’s just weird.

In fairness, the last time Hearn did a stadium show with somebody not named Anthony Joshua, he only managed to get 14,000 people into Goodison.

Weird isn't it mate, Degale does it because I think he has stamina issues (even though Jim McDonnell repeatedly tells us he's a 15 round fighter" - but Jack seems to be a bit of a stamina machine, so it doesn't make sense.  I wouldn't mind a rematch between Jack and Stevenson but Adonis only fights once a year and if I was Jack I wouldn't be waiting until mid-2019 to fight again.

My feeling when watching DeGale is that its more out of a kind arrogance, thinking he is both better than the other fella, and also that his boxing skills will win him the rounds.

The interviewer made a good point when he was speaking to Jack, along the lines that the rounds Jack wins he absolutely batters his opponent but the ones he loses its by a small margin.

But he then followed it by asking if Jack thinks should that taken into account by the judges. Taken into account how!?!

You could maybe get the judge to give a overall winner if they've given a draw, but we don't trust a lot of these judges at the best of times!

But he then followed it by asking if Jack thinks should that taken into account by the judges. Taken into account how!?!

You could maybe get the judge to give a overall winner if they've given a draw, but we don't trust a lot of these judges at the best of times!

Yeah, it's a round by round sport, the only way that it could be taken into account is giving 10-8 rounds but without knock-downs that's very dodgy ground.

Something like a 10-9.5 round if it's very close and a clear one gets a 10-9, could promote more action as well.

I don’t think maths is the strong point of a lot of these judges. Have you seen how long some of them take to work it out at the end? If you start throwing .5’s in there as well it’ll blow their minds.