You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Parker looks out of his depth in the interviews and the presser yesterday. He looks in awe to be honest, Dans right, I think this may well be the last we see of Parker. His promoter being a weirdo copsy bastard is the reason he’s got this fight and most probably the reason he has a world title.

I just watched the ‘Parker - In Camp’ thing on Sky Sports and couldn’t help laughing at how happy he is with his bedroom in his trainers house.

I just watched the ‘Parker - In Camp’ thing on Sky Sports and couldn’t help laughing at how happy he is with his bedroom in his trainers house.

They’re a bit strange to say the least, I laughed when he trainer was explaining about that warrior armour thing in his living room, which looked shit by the way, and how happy he was with it, he had the kind of joy you only normally see on the face of a 3 year old girl when she’s been given her first barbie. They look like a bunch of fools on holiday, they’ve done well to get this far from just talking but the realisation will come on Saturday on the ring walk.

I fully expect Parker to do what everyone else including Wlad has done against Joshua and that’s to trade a few jabs for one or maybe two rounds then the first power punch he throws will either massively wobble him or knock him out.

He still doesn’t look right to me though Joshua, even in that last presser. He looks skinny and pale and has dark circles round his eyes, he’s either stopped taking the gear or he’s cutting like mad to get down to Parker’s speed. Or more than likely a mixture of them both.

Ohh and if I hear that “it takes more than a human to stop me” bollocks on the adverts I’ll be throwing my remote through my tv, Wlads a human, a ageing human at that and he was a few punches away from stopping him so why spout so much shite.

People writting Parker off too much for me

Not cause he is anything special, but because Joshua isnt either. He has massive flaws.

A prime Lewis,Holyfield,either Klitschko all beat him. 

The man has gassed every fight so far and has less head movement than Rousey did in the UFC.

His punching power has pulled him out of shit so far

• Upvote 1

Do you reckon that's it mate - he's had to stop the gear for some reason and that's the weight cut explanation? Why would he have to suddenly stop the gear? If he was on it that is.

I’m just guessing obviously but it’s probably a conscious choice because of the amount of people who have been caught recently. If Canelo can be caught and outed there’s no chance of a cover up if Joshua got caught. If anyone was to be covered up it would have been him, with all the influence Golden Boy has and how big he is in Mexico if they could have they would have. Yea like you say it’s probably drained him stopping the gear and they’ve come out with the “he wants to be lighter line”. It’s also probably to do with him gassing so easily, being that big has to fuck you up at some point in a fight, maybe they’re guessing that he won’t gas now against a proven 12 round fighter. If he goes through the 12 rounds without any signs of fatigue to me that would tell me that he’s clearly be roiding up the last few years. Even my Mrs said to me watching the presser that he looked slim.

Me dad was saying he thinks Joshua looks nervous for this fight. Saying he doesn't seem himself.

I don't think he seems any different, personally. Gloves Are Off are always boring with AJ except Whyte one anyway so can't take anything from that. He isn't very vocal in press conferences either. Looks a bit angry at times but can see why.

He seems a bit bored. Same questions about weight, Wilder and what Parker could bring.

I also don't think he will come in as light as people think. A couple of weeks ago I thought he looked very lean and trim. Yesterday at the presser and today at the workout, he looks bulky again.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m just guessing obviously but it’s probably a conscious choice because of the amount of people who have been caught recently. If Canelo can be caught and outed there’s no chance of a cover up if Joshua got caught. If anyone was to be covered up it would have been him, with all the influence Golden Boy has and how big he is in Mexico if they could have they would have. Yea like you say it’s probably drained him stopping the gear and they’ve come out with the “he wants to be lighter line”. It’s also probably to do with him gassing so easily, being that big has to fuck you up at some point in a fight, maybe they’re guessing that he won’t gas now against a proven 12 round fighter. If he goes through the 12 rounds without any signs of fatigue to me that would tell me that he’s clearly be roiding up the last few years. Even my Mrs said to me watching the presser that he looked slim.

Honestly agree with this, if you listen to the White Rhino podcast Dave Allen said he's only been tested once in his career and that was for the Lenroy Thomas first fight, the testing in England is very lax.  He might have come off the juice because he plans on going to America to fight Miller next.  He definitely needs to be off it if he wants to fight Wilder because the WBC testing catches everybody.

He does look different though, he needed to lose some of that bulk but he almost looks like he's crashed weight.

Honestly agree with this, if you listen to the White Rhino podcast Dave Allen said he's only been tested once in his career and that was for the Lenroy Thomas first fight, the testing in England is very lax. He might have come off the juice because he plans on going to America to fight Miller next. He definitely needs to be off it if he wants to fight Wilder because the WBC testing catches everybody.

He does look different though, he needed to lose some of that bulk but he almost looks like he's crashed weight.

I also thought he was breathing quite heavy after that public workout. He barely done anything...

I am a member of a few fight sports Facebook pages

What is it with British people just sucking Fast Eddie's cock online

He has been spouting shite for days about Wilder not coming over for the fight. Saying it shows he does not want the fight,he scarred all sorts. Anyone with half a brain knows the only reason Eddie wants him there is so Whyte can cause a scene to push a fight so the Cash cow can be miled against Povetkin and the hope that Whyte could get lucky against Wilder and then he has both fighters in the unification bout.

Im really starting to hope that Parker sparks him to shut these twats up

A Joshua loss would be very interesting. He'll have rematch clause but I'd like to see how Hearn puts the spin on it.

Probably that Parker’s the best heavyweight the world has ever seen and that AJ’s honoured to even share the ring with such a legend and when he wins the rematch it would be a gigantic win for UK boxing and Joshua’s the nations saviour for defeating another all time great.

They’ve managed to do it again! They’ve tricked me into thinking Parker could actually win this late on when Joshua starts to tire, my head knows there’s no way possible for this outcome but I have that slight hope.

Yeah you often know you should not read comments, but its like a itchy scab or a tooth that stops aching you just have to give it a quick poke and see.

That's what I'm like on that boxing scene forum. Fuck me it's annoying. My itch is well and truly scratched now though and I actively avoid it. If you want to read something that will send you into a completely confused irritation, have a blast. It's made me absolutely detest American boxing fans. They support boxers like we support political parties or f**tball teams.

Edit - although I am aware that they are probably not all like that and I need a wider area to gain a true reading.

I find the vast majority of British fans just as bad. Though i think most are just new fans and into the whole sky snd Hearn bollocks. Most wouldn't know the old stars if they got knocked out by one

Me dad was saying he thinks Joshua looks nervous for this fight. Saying he doesn't seem himself.

I don't think he seems any different, personally. Gloves Are Off are always boring with AJ except Whyte one anyway so can't take anything from that. He isn't very vocal in press conferences either. Looks a bit angry at times but can see why.

He seems a bit bored. Same questions about weight, Wilder and what Parker could bring.

I also don't think he will come in as light as people think. A couple of weeks ago I thought he looked very lean and trim. Yesterday at the presser and today at the workout, he looks bulky again.

I’m certainly not your dad but I said the same thing the other day. For the first time I hear AJ talking about not losing instead of Winning,

I think for this reason the first few rounds will be quite close with not a lot of punches thrown and the fight will develop around the 6/7th with a AJ KO in the 9th to win me £150.

Just watching bits of the earlier in the week press conference & good to know Parker has an alternative employment route if Kevin Costner ever re-makes the Untouchables.

Was checking prices out for an early Joshua KO but they seem pretty skinny, so just taken the 9/4 on a KO at any time by AJ.

As much as I'd like to see Parker win, even just to knock that smug grin off of Eddie hearns face, this won't even be close.

Joshua is an absolute unit of a man. Parker is not much more than a pumped up cruiserweight.

Joshua will spark him relatively early I'd say.

Imagine the rumours are true and he does a Price and gasses inside three rounds. It would be spectacular to watch.

I'd love to see Eddie cam if that happened. I would fucking piss myself laughing watching that smug grin disappear as he sees all his chips in tbe heavyweight fivision disappear.

Imagine the rumours are true and he does a Price and gasses inside three rounds. It would be spectacular to watch.

It's only a matter of time. Whyte had the meanness but not the stamina. Wlad had the stamina but not the meanness. If someone goes after him and has the stamina to sustain it for 12 rounds then Joshua is in big trouble. 

Hard to know how good Parker is, he's underwhelmed in any of the fights he's stepped up in class with.  I think he's just a tough little fucker who could take the fight late but that's about it, he won't win it but he could take it the 12, depends how easy Joshua lands on him, i think Parker keeps it tight and spoils when he can.

You go to a weigh-in, there is an interesting, unusual sight of a haka being done which you will probably not see again , so what do you do ? Sing a monotonous one line ' One Anthony Joshua ' dirge to drown it out.

Glad the money from the weigh-in tickets is going to Westgarth's family.