You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's Friday I'm in love with Liverpool....F.A Cup v the Blues.

Guest Pistonbroke

I am getting sick of the shit being thrown at us and our club and I maintain that holgate used the race card because he knew he was in danger of seeing a red card for the shove alone. I know we scousers do not care what others think about us but this feels different now. It is verging on a witch hunt against us and I repeat this latest episode is purely down to those twats in a tv studio. They are all ex players and I am sure they got dogs whenever they played but to lay racial overtones against an incident involving two black players with absolutely no evidence what so ever is disgraceful bordering on incompetence. Make no mistake we and Bobby will not come out of this without some unfounded shit sticking. Again.

I don't think the allegation should be dismissed so out of hand, it may only lead to disappointment.

Of the video clips available so far there's no conclusive proof that a racist term was not said, not because we're all bad lip readers but because there's a second, immediately before Holgate reacts, that Firmino's face is obscured by an Everton player.

I am absolutely not saying something bad was said in that moment but it can't be ruled out until it's looked at further. I believe the truth will out, there were several witnesses including the referee, hopefully he was wearing a mic, and I'd be very surprised if there's not more camera angles we've not seen yet.

Those BBC bastards initially were suggesting that the reason Holgate pushed Bobby over the hoarding was that perhaps he'd spat at him. When replays clearly showed that this outrageous accusation was bollocks, only then did they start on with the "something must've been said to Holgate" nonsense.

Like when ? As Firmino was sprinting towards the byline, in front of Holgate, with his back to him ?

Several people should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, their names are Holgate, Lineker, Shearer, Reid and Danny fucking Murphy.

• Upvote 2

I don't think the allegation should be dismissed so out of hand, it may only lead to disappointment.

Of the video clips available so far there's no conclusive proof that a racist term was not said, not because we're all bad lip readers but because there's a second, immediately before Holgate reacts, that Firmino's face is obscured by an Everton player.

I am absolutely not saying something bad was said in that moment but it can't be ruled out until it's looked at further. I believe the truth will out, there were several witnesses including the referee, hopefully he was wearing a mic, and I'd be very surprised if there's not more camera angles we've not seen yet.

The fact no other player from either side reacted in any way, and the Everton players were pushing Holgate away even after he had said the accusation 3 or 4 times says to me he didn’t use the N word. There are so many players around as well as the Ref that someone would of picked up on it.

I think substantive allegations should be investigated. I do not think mischievous allegations used by one player as a defence to prevent him getting sanctioned by the ref carries weight. It is akin to a murderer saying yeah I killed him but he goaded me first. Obviously I am not saying that is the case I am just using it as an example. There are tv cameras on all 4 sides of Anfield but I do not think that was telling. If the other Everton players believed there was racial utterings I am certain they would have kicked off as well but instead they focused on pulling holgate back. The ref is also on the spot and given Bobby was shouting at holgate as you say you would hope his mic picked it up or he himself heard what was said even if he does not understand portugese.

Those BBC bastards initially were suggesting that the reason Holgate pushed Bobby over the hoarding was that perhaps he'd spat at him. When replays clearly showed that this outrageous accusation was bollocks, only then did they start on with the "something must've been said to Holgate" nonsense.

Like when ? As Firmino was sprinting towards the byline, in front of Holgate, with his back to him ?

Several people should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, their names are Holgate, Lineker, Shearer, Reid and Danny fucking Murphy.

Exactly.

The fact no other player from either side reacted in any way, and the Everton players were pushing Holgate away even after he had said the accusation 3 or 4 times says to me he didn’t use the N word. There are so many players around as well as the Ref that someone would of picked up on it.

In most cases teammates will try to calm the situation down not inflame it out of concern they might have a player sent off, and in the heat of the moment they might have been unclear exactly what went on.

I just think it's a bit daft to be so dismissive.

In most cases teammates will try to calm the situation down not inflame it out of concern they might have a player sent off, and in the heat of the moment they might have been unclear exactly what went on.

I just think it's a bit daft to be so dismissive.

Yeah right. Where have you been hiding. Players try to calm the situation. You have not been to many derbies then what with tackles flying in and teammates trying to calm the following melee down.

It is not daft being so dismissive what is daft is giving credence to an allegation or even starting an allegation on the basis of no evidence and as the tv pundits did.

Agree with this. And I also noticed that Firminos face wasn’t visible on TV right before the reaction from Holgate.

Personally I have absolutely no reason to believe Firmino would say something racist. He also normally comes across as quite a controlled character on the pitch, and rarely gets involved with opponents. What his personality is like in privat, I also have no idea. He could be a secret KKK member or he could be the biggest anti-racist in the UK for all I know. My only knowledge of him is as a footballer, and I think he’s a bloody good one.

On the other hand something clearly made Holgate react. And I have absolutely no knowledge of Holgates character or personality either. He could be a notorious shit stirrer, or he could be the nicest person around.

Therefore I have no clue what went on or not, or what to believe.

But like dockers wrote, some shit will probably stick on our club no matter what.

Edit: And to be clear on that, I fully agree the pundits were wrong to make assumptions like they did. And not surprised that the South American was automatically identified as the villain.

Yeah right. Where have you been hiding. Players try to calm the situation. You have not been to many derbies then what with tackles flying in and teammates trying to calm the following melee down.

It is not daft being so dismissive what is daft is giving credence to an allegation or even starting an allegation on the basis of no evidence and as the tv pundits did.

I think you're wrong on every point.

When did you last see an incident flare up into a melee, whether a derby (of which I've been to many) or otherwise?

I'm not giving credence to the allegation I'm saying it cannot be definitively ruled out.

The BBC mentioned nothing about racism, they just said Holgate appeared to react to something that was said to him, which is true. Do you think they should have just ignored what happened right in front of their eyes and was caught on their cameras?

Guest Pistonbroke

I think I may indulge myself. :smilie:

Weird highlights, but you get most of the stuff, well apart from Rooney acting the cunt twice. 

Not even this hangover can ruin my mood today! Give me a tight late win against them cunts over a battering any time. Add in a dodgy pen and our 75 million pound debutant scoring the winner to make it perfection! 

Yeah, this is me chilling and resting my hangover today...

swag.gif

Bitter in the pub last night:

"At the end if the day we just need to defend better. That said, it was never a penalty and even if it was would the referee have pulled it back for a penalty if Mane had scored? I DON'T THINK SO. As for THAT goal, well he just closed his eyes and it bounced off his head and went in didn't it"

'Delusional' isn't a big enough word to describe those bellends.

That sounds quite scary;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-firmino-mason-holgate--14120511

* The FA need to establish from the match referee whether retrospective action is possible. Madley has filed an extraordinary incident report detailing the incident in question, which will be received by the FA on Monday.

* Madley will be asked whether he or any of the other officials fully heard what had been said. As this appears not the case, a panel of three ex-professional match officials will subsequently be convened and asked to review all the available video footage.

That sounds quite scary;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-firmino-mason-holgate--14120511

* The FA need to establish from the match referee whether retrospective action is possible. Madley has filed an extraordinary incident report detailing the incident in question, which will be received by the FA on Monday.

* Madley will be asked whether he or any of the other officials fully heard what had been said. As this appears not the case, a panel of three ex-professional match officials will subsequently be convened and asked to review all the available video footage.

I do not know how that statement that madley heard nothing stands. Madley is in Bobbys face as soon as he runs onto the pitch. How can he not hear anything Bobby is saying? Like I said shit sticks.

That sounds quite scary;

Fucking hell, not another "independent" FA panel!

Guest Pistonbroke

I do not know how that statement that madley heard nothing stands. Madley is in Bobbys face as soon as he runs onto the pitch. How can he not hear anything Bobby is saying? Like I said shit sticks.

As Scooby says, the narrative has changed to as something was said for Holgate to push him off the pitch. It will all come down to these ex officials trying to work out if something was said in that incident and down to each player and what they say about the incident. 

Guest Pistonbroke

If something was said before he pushed him, how comes after he pushes him over the hoarding does Holgate just walk away. Surely if something untoward was said before the push he wouldn't just calmly walk off. He only reacted in an aggressive manor once Bobby ran back onto the pitch to face up to him.