You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's Friday I'm in love with Liverpool....F.A Cup v the Blues.

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

Strange day to be playing a Derby cup tie, TV wins out over fans again. Let's get revenge for those bastards nicking a point the other week. 

As strong a team as possible please, let's batter the bitters. 

Reckon Karius will get his usual cup start. Robertson should play as he was rested. Gomez or TAA at RB, Matip and Lovren at CB. Hopefully we'll start Bobby and Cou and Salah will be fit. Mane took his goal well today but looks fucked, or fucked off...take your pick.

Midfield, hopefully Lallana, Ox and Can.

Guest Pistonbroke

Klavan + one other to start.

Really? He's been good, but I'd say Matip is already a shoe in having been rested today and Lovren was fine today and probably has a bit more in the tank than Klavan. The bitters will park the bus again, I'd be tempted to play all three actually and go with a back three and use TAA/Gomez and Robertson as wing backs. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Is this the game where Salah and Mane go to Africa for some award thing?

Balls, forgot about those. The awards are on Thursday, probably why the cunts at the FA scheduled this game for Friday. 

If we've no intention of taking the tournament serious, again.  Then it's best going out as early as possible.   

Would be nice to have a go at it and see us lifting a trophy again, rather than throwing all our eggs in the cl basket.   One I still think we're going to win mind you.  I'll never stop finding it disgusting that qualifying for a tournament has become more important than winning trophies.

I’d love to see us win the FA Cup.

I’d love it even more if we won the CL.

I’d love it even more if we won the PL (though that ship has sailed this season).

If offered a straight choice between a top four finish OR an FA Cup win, I’m afraid I’d choose the former, but I readily acknowledge a certain sadness over that choice.

It’s a false choice anyhow. We’re in the FA Cup and we have a deeper squad than we’ve had in years. We should fight hard to try to win it.

Guest Pistonbroke

Red P is going to love you forever for this thread. FWIW I think Klopp is fully aware of the importance of this game for the match farters, and will populate the team accordingly.

I think you are spot on about Klopp knowing the importance of this game. It's a cup tie against your bitter rivals, you don't take them lightly. He'll rotate, he has to as today he left out important players, but he will do so by playing a strong team. 

Everton (this season) are seriously one of the worst teams we've ever played. Their performance in the derby was an absolute disgrace. To not win that match has to go down as one of our worst league results in recent seasons. I hope we absolutely tank these cunts and their fat head bastard manager.

All of the above, strong team, win, wipe that smile of fat sam’s face.

I really think Klopp is learning with each passing month. The rotation yesterday shows he should start a strong team for this. I’m sure he knows how great it would be for us to win this cup.

If we don't take this serious that's it for me on the auto cup scheme for next season. Then again I said that to after our woeful effort last season.

Surely we have to have decent pop at winning it this year? It's not as though we're dripping with silver these days.

• Upvote 1

Aside from maybe Swansea I can't recall a more abject team performance from an opponent this season than the one Everton put in against us.

They are dreadful. Even if they come to park the bus and frustrate, we should have too much for them. Firmino brace on the cards. Plus maybe one by Alexander-Arnold.