You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Years Day V Burnley away

Guest Pistonbroke

I think we will see a few changes for this with the bitters on Friday night

I think it will be something like

--------------------Mig

Gomez--Klavan--Lovren--Milner

-------------------Can

-------------AOC--Gini--

---Mane-----Solanke----Lallana

With Firmino/Coutinho coming on after 60/70 

I think we will see a few changes for this with the bitters on Friday night

I think it will be something like

--------------------Mig

Gomez--Klavan--Lovren--Milner

-------------------Can

-------------AOC--Gini--

---Mane-----Solanke----Lallana

With Firmino/Coutinho coming on after 60/70 

Would need to hope Mane finds his mojo with that team.  We've not really got the squad to play two games in two days at all, huge drop in quality.

I agree completely but with games Saturday-Mon-Fri i think he will need to make changes.

Burnley are not big goalscorers so i think he will try and match them for power and pace and then when its getting late bringing the quality on to try and win it

I think mane needs the games myself

Place him back on the right and try and get him going. 

The two offiside goals where a good in a way yesterday. Shows he is getting in the positions,think preserving with him and trying to get him going again is needed. 

• Upvote 1

Concentration and solidity at the back, game management, intensity and creativity in midfield, plus movement, incision and ruthlessness in attack.

With Dyche bringing up penalty decisions from recent games, you can guarantee the slapdick refereeing this one will make a blunder in Burnley's favour. Maybe we need to go into this one with the mindset of clawing back a 1-goal deficit from the off.

• Upvote 1

Manes touch yesterday was poor but I agree he needs games if only to give other players a break. Maybe expect Gini and Oxlaide Chamberlane to start. If Mo has a knock maybe have him on the bench. Karius never seems to have much to do when he plays which is perhaps a good thing. Will be interesting to see if Jurgen leaves him in. TAA at RB and Klavan for Matip perhaps.

Jürgen Klopp will use the advice of Liverpool's medical department when he selects a line-up against Burnley on New Year's Day – but anticipates several changes.

The Reds face the Clarets away from home just under 48 hours after securing a hard-fought 2-1 victory over Leicester City which saw Klopp’s men battle from behind to win at Anfield.

Mohamed Salah scored both goals to inspire the turnaround but limped off in the closing moments of the clash and must have his condition carefully assessed before Monday’s next outing.

“I don’t know exactly how many changes we will make but I would say for sure more than one,” said the manager, who confirmed a return for Simon Mignolet at Turf Moor.

Happy days, back to a shite keeper who was shit when we signed him, remains shite and always will be.

We'll gain so much by playing him yet again.

To be fair to Karius he did not make any major errors. I just saw one poor kick when the ball was passed back to him on his wrong foot and a bit of a flap late in the 2nd half. Think I would keep him in for Burnley but we need someone better in Summer if not January.

Surprised so many opting for TAA at right back in place of Gomez.

The tactical genius that is Shaun Dyce enjoyed explaining how he targeted TAA’s ariel weakness when creating Burnley’s goal at Anfield earlier in the season.

I can’t imagine Klopp giving Dyce another opportunity to display his perceptive insights at our expense.

I reckon that if you were invited to have dinner at Chez Dychebag, you'd find his wife impeccably dressed and made up. Yet look beyond her fixed smile, and you'd see terror in her eyes. Terror at the thought of saying or doing the wrong thing. Terror at the thought of dropping a knife or fork, or spilling something. Terror as she nods along to his every suggestion and laughs falsely at his jokes.

• Upvote 4

I reckon that if you were invited to have dinner at Chez Dychebag, you'd find his wife impeccably dressed and made up. Yet look beyond her fixed smile, and you'd see terror in her eyes. Terror at the thought of saying or doing the wrong thing. Terror at the thought of dropping a knife or fork, or spilling something. Terror as she nods along to his every suggestion and laughs falsely at his jokes.

She'd almost certainly want you to smash her back doors in as well.

Peraonally I would go:

Karius

Gomez

Matip

Lovren

Robertson

Wijnaldum

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Can

Coutinho

Firmino

Mane

Sadly we have precious other options in midfield or Can would be jibbed....Salah would appear to be out and none of our other attacking options are up to the job so Coutinho further forward and AOC into midfield.

We really haven't got enough depth/availability to fuck about too much with changes here and Burnley are a decent team.

Yeah happy with above team, lallana is rusty, milner is a wasted spoy in midfield and solanke is a wasted spot upfront.

We cant let this become a shitty nil nil or one nil loss. Energy and flair from the off and score nice and early to take the pressure off ourselves. We need to be clinical.

This awards thing happening and is salah injured? Am a bit concerned about solanke starting

Staying away from here tomorrow. If we’re not winning, they’re all cunts. That midfield of Milner and Gini is fucking awful, Solanke will never make it here. We’re a shadow of the team without Mo. TAA looks out of his depth in these games. Even Virgil will be shit the way we leave ourselves so exposed, Chamberlain is a waste of money. We’ll be lucky to finish 4th

If we win. We’re getting a decent squad together here. We couldn’t make as many changes as this last year and win a game like this. Good to give Mo a rest for a couple of weeks now. TAA is gonna be a massive player, he can play anywhere, although CM is gonna be his position in the long run. Solanke is gonna be a massive player for us in the future. Milner has got such an engine, great game, worked his socks off. Add Virgil to this team and we could just be onto something. 2nd is looking good IMO.

That’s generally the way it goes on the match thread.

• Upvote 3

Peraonally I would go:

Karius

Gomez

Matip

Lovren

Robertson

Wijnaldum

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Can

Coutinho

Firmino

Mane

Sadly we have precious other options in midfield or Can would be jibbed....Salah would appear to be out and none of our other attacking options are up to the job so Coutinho further forward and AOC into midfield.

We really haven't got enough depth/availability to fuck about too much with changes here and Burnley are a decent team.

Who hurt you?

Glass half-full of stinking piss.

• Upvote 2