You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Indicators

Seriously, is it really that hard to stick on an indicator to show that you are planning on turning some time soon? It would seem so. Does this happen a lot on the roads for everyone? Or is it just the people who are driving near me?

Nope. Roads are full of them. It's highly irritating when they turn without indicating when you have the chance to pull out of a junction or roundabout.

So dangerous as well as irritating, I saw two little girls following the green cross code to cross the road. They were really looking at the beginning of the road to cross and started walking and a woman drove into the road without any indicator and smacked down on the horn to get them out of the way. They were really scared. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It just seems part and parcel of driving these days. The enjoyment I once got out of driving has gone, more of a necessity these days. Some right dangerous bastards allowed to drive on the roads. 

On the motorway, when people can actually be arsed to use them, they fuck it up royally.

It used to mean "I intend to change lanes, when safe." Now it means "Get out of the way, I'm fucking coming through!!!"

This is the worst of all, regardless of indicators or not motorway lane changes are truly shocking. I've seen people jump two lanes at a time into spaces that some people would have trouble parallel parking into. It's a miracle there aren't more accidents.

The only consistent indicators or those annoying sods with the indicators that flash a series of small lamps - starting on the inside and ending on the outside. They're more annoying than the cunts that don't indicate. 

that's the trouble these days.  You can lead a horse to water but an indicator must be led.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

What bugs me is when people brake before they indicate.  Instant road rage.

Aye, those and tailgaters, they really piss me off. Especially when I'm sat in the passenger seat with the driver of the car I'm in acting like a fucking formula one driver on speed. 

Indicators seem to be an optional extra on vehicles these days.

The worst place for it is Old Hall Street. There's a left turn outside Sainsbury's but the road is straight, I'm not exaggerating when I say that barely 1 in 10 cars taking the junction actually bother to indicate.

This is a pet hate of mine, loads of drivers seem to think that if the car in front has their indicator on then they don't need to bother their arse, rendering the crossing of the road a complete & utter death trap for pedestrians.

People should be banned from driving if they can't be bother to use their indicators & I genuinely mean that.

There is no end to annoying and downright dangerous behaviour on the roads and motorways these days.

Police do fuck all about kids driving like loons and rely on cameras to raise revenue enforce the law,  Getting cars impounded for dangerous driving is something that might have an effect but it would demand resources to enforce which just aren't there, Stick up another speed camera, build some humps and bung in 20 mph limits is about the level of thought that goes into making driving a safer and more enjoyable experience

There is no end to annoying and downright dangerous behaviour on the roads and motorways these days.

Police do fuck all about kids driving like loons and rely on cameras to raise revenue enforce the law,  Getting cars impounded for dangerous driving is something that might have an effect but it would demand resources to enforce which just aren't there, Stick up another speed camera, build some humps and bung in 20 mph limits is about the level of thought that goes into making driving a safer and more enjoyable experience

The UK is easily the safest and politest place to drive that I’ve been to. It’s even safer than the USA, although that’s primarily because no American is capable of controlling a car at speeds above 40mph

Most enjoyable place to drive is German autobahns, they respect other people’s need to drive very fast

I get more annoyed with absolute cock-ends that can’t stop properly at junctions and end up with the front end of their car/van sticking out into busy roads and in the way of oncoming traffic. There’s a few junctions near mine that are rife for this kind of twattery. I’m seriously contemplating just avoiding the collision one time and taking the hit for the compensation.

The Ozzy's are very good. Until it rains. Then they start shunting into each other.[/quote

They’re bleeding terrible. I think due to the preponderance of automatics over here, it is too much of an extension of sitting on the couch. 5 lane highway, with 5 cars - bet yer arse all 5 lanes have a car in, driving parallel. You have to undercut, due to the amount of arse holes that sit right and dawdle.

Quite heavy down pour yesterday and the road was a foot deep, cars were scattered, I was in a mates Ute and plundered through.

I get more annoyed with absolute cock-ends that can’t stop properly at junctions and end up with the front end of their car/van sticking out into busy roads and in the way of oncoming traffic. There’s a few junctions near mine that are rife for this kind of twattery. I’m seriously contemplating just avoiding the collision one time and taking the hit for the compensation.

If you've never been involved in a car collision, I'd keep it that way if I were you as the injuries can last for a VERY long time. I was rear ended by a people carrier on a multi-lane roundabout and it absolutely smashed through the back of the car (I was in the front passenger seat) and the whiplash itself lasted about a month and I still experience pains in the left side of my shoulder/chest even now. For the sake of a £3,000 payout it was most definitely not worth it.

The clowns that you refer to though must have no understanding of how to keep the car behind the lines in front of them and they are probably the same ones who don't know how to keep the car inside the lane lines on bends as well.