Quantcast
Which Former Striker Would You Have Most Liked to See Play Under Klopp? - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
3 Stacks

Which Former Striker Would You Have Most Liked to See Play Under Klopp?

Given the interminable debate over Firmino's suitability as lone striker, yet Klopp's insistence that he should be our #9, what former LFC striker do ya'll think would be the best in a Klopp system? 

From what I've seen of him, Rush for me, Clive, but lots to chose from.

Rush. He worked hard from the front, pressed, tackled, was very fast and scored loads of goals. He had most of what Firmino has, plus much more pace and loads more goals.

• Upvote 2

If Kenny played up front for us at the moment you'd get loads of people complaining he wasn't a proper number 9 and didn't score enough goals. He'd be the closest in type to what Firmino does now on the creative side, but with more genius. Salah would be on 38 goals already this season.

Rush, Fowler or Suarez would all be bloody amazing in this team as well.

I didn't answer the question.

Karl Heinz Riedle. They could both speak in German and insult the rest of the team without them understanding. They'd have a running joke about English players and World Cups where they are back home faster than a Messerschmitt on a night raid in 1941.

'You Eenglish und zee jokes about zee lavatory,us Germans see it as a purely functional act.'

I still hold out hope that Fowler will come back for a third and final stint. I cried the day we re-signed him. My favourite ever Red. Make it happen Jurgen.

Klopp likes players with technique, so Kuyt and Bellamy would not get a sniff.

Suarez defo.

Bellamy had decent technique. Far better player than he was given credit for.