You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

As Amazon Shares Fall, Jeff Bezos Is No Longer A Centi-Billionaire

Guest thanh03041993

Or you could use his services and pretend you are not part of the "problem".

Or you could use his services and pretend there is no "problem".

What you cannot do is use his services and come on the interwebz and complain about the "problem".

Unless you do, in which case be prepared for someone to question you and the "problem".

Edit - or have Rico call you an autistic clown - so, theres that option too.

• Upvote 1

Your claim was: Don’t use his services and he’ll change them.

So we may well file that claim under "untrue"?

History is full of thousands of instances of companies either altering their policies or going bust when sufficient numbers of people ceased to use their services. If you try really hard you can probably remember the names of some of them.

Well it won’t make you a fucking hypocrite and if enough people sharing your view it will. Although every man has his price and that seems to be the price of an album.

I do wonder why people bother laying claim to principles in the first place if they're going to expend the bare minimum of effort trying to live up to them.

Or you could use his services and pretend you are not part of the "problem".

Or you could use his services and pretend there is no "problem".

What you cannot do is use his services and come on the interwebz and complain about the "problem".

Unless you do, in which case be prepared for someone to question you and the "problem".

Edit - or have Rico call you an autistic clown - so, theres that option too.

I didn’t actually call him that though. The rest is correct though.

picked up a pink vinyl version of Jam 'Sound Affects' when Tesco put them out. it's now got a market value of around 4 times what i paid for it. think it was a limited of 1000 release.

there's 100's of examples i have bagged. got a couple of signed Chris Difford Lp sets coming over the weekend. agreed to Amazon exclusive only and he's a quite noble fellow. no other outlet available. if there are, i'd choose them.

that's what these slags are there to be used for. 

on an unrelated note, Bunnymen got some nice signed bundles of their forthcoming release available if anyone is arsed

https://bunnymen.tmstor.es/?ac=superdelux

I do wonder why people bother laying claim to principles in the first place if they're going to expend the bare minimum of effort trying to live up to them.

If you're talking about me I don't think I laid claim to any principles, I stated my opinion on this extreme example of capitalism & then admitted that I hate myself for using Amazon to buy music.

That your wee pal has decided to spend half his day trying to point out that I'm a hypocrite when I openly admit that I am one myself is quite amusing I have to say.

• Upvote 1

If you're talking about me I don't think I laid claim to any principles, I stated my opinion on this extreme example of capitalism & then admitted that I hate myself for using Amazon to buy music.

That your wee pal has decided to spend half his day trying to point out that I'm a hypocrite when I openly admit that I am one myself is quite amusing I have to say.

Ha ha ‘wee pal’.

If it helps, I'm going to buy all my Crimbo presents from T J Hughes and Poundstretcher this year.

That'll proper learn the greedy, bald fucker.

He dresses like I'd imagine Rico does when he tries to kid everyone that he's still in his 40's.

I get it now, my age is your revenge for the accounts. I get it now. Here goes:

Oh no, a couple of people think I’m older than I am.

I’m probably thinking back to the time when you were going on that you wouldn’t knowingly have a pint with a Tory, how you couldn’t be friends with one. Maybe if they’d slipped you a record you could have coped.

History is full of thousands of instances of companies either altering their policies or going bust when sufficient numbers of people ceased to use their services. If you try really hard you can probably remember the names of some of them.

Unrelated to the claim that was made. But just out of interest, name one that had a comparable status to Amazon and ceased to exist because people solidarized against their business model.

If you're talking about me...

No, it was a general point.

Unrelated to the claim that was made. But just out of interest, name one that had a comparable status to Amazon and ceased to exist because people solidarized against their business model.

It's very related to the point, and what does size have to do with it? If enough people desert Amazon, it will adapt or fail, just as with any company.

Strontium Dog, on 01 Dec 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

No, it was a general point.

It's very related to the point, and what does size have to do with it? If enough people desert Amazon, it will adapt or fail, just as with any company.

Well the larger the organisation is, then the less impact individual customers have, obviously. So you need a hell of a lot of them to get it to adapt it's behaviour - which is a lot harder. And also as obviously a massive company like Amazon is more capable of manipulating the environment around it - the media, government, etc.