You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t think anyone understands it to be honest.  

My post?

If someone can help me get £5 worth of dogecoin message me with paypal address, I'll send a fiver across and wallet address, once it's received send £5 worth of dogecoin to my wallet.

Thanks if anyone can help. It's not something I'll ever ask for again, I'd just like my first bit of dogecoin that's all. Next time I need some I'll try to use a proper trading site.

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Can you get it via Coinbase? 

I think I need photo id. If remember rightly years back this whole thing was supposed to be about being able to trade anonymously as one of the upsides, now it's fucking photo id central, totally stupid. I guess compromises have to be made though when the establishment wants to shut down all the competition.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

My post?

If someone can help me get £5 worth of dogecoin message me with paypal address, I'll send a fiver across and wallet address, once it's received send £5 worth of dogecoin to my wallet.

Thanks if anyone can help. It's not something I'll ever ask for again, I'd just like my first bit of dogecoin that's all. Next time I need some I'll try to use a proper trading site.

Give someone else money to buy bitcoin on your behalf? What could possibly go wrong? 

4 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Give someone else money to buy bitcoin on your behalf? What could possibly go wrong? 

Well I thought someone on here i was familiar with might be able to help out, it's only a fiver. If dogecoin isn't supported well though i guess it's not going to be easy to get. I'll wait. I have a saxo account so I'll get some from there when I get my cards details sorted next week hopefully.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Well I thought someone on here i was familiar with might be able to help out, it's only a fiver. If dogecoin isn't supported well though i guess it's not going to be easy to get. I'll wait. I have a saxo account so I'll get some from there when I get my cards details sorted next week hopefully.

I can’t buy it through Coinbase. 

I’ve got 915 Stellar Lumens. They’ve been a bit up and down but are doing alright at 22p each. Twice in the last two days they’ve spiked at 27-28p. If I could have caught it at that price I would have sold them all, waited for the price to come back down and bought back more but the spikes have lasted no more than a few seconds. Obviously some fuckers are using software that pisses all over me checking Coinbase on my phone once or twice a day. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I can’t buy it through Coinbase. 

Ok, thanks for checking anyway. I think my best solution will be to either wait or get a small amount of bitcoin and try converting it. I tried a site a bit ago but they ended up asking for id. Saxo is good I think but I don't have enough money until next week.

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Crypto? I don't think so over time. As for dogecoin maybe, but it could go up over time too and it's amusing so I want some.

Its all bollocks.

Its a glorified get rich scheme. Only a fool would put everything they have in to it.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its all bollocks.

Its a glorified get rich scheme. Only a fool would put everything they have in to it.

I'm definitely not planning on putting everything into it. It's just something I've found interesting for years but never got around to using. I'll put bits in here and there but that should be about it.

• Upvote 1

On 19/01/2021 at 13:32, Spy Bee said:

ETH has hit an ATH today.

This is not financial advice, but if you don't buy some XHV and sit on it for 12 to 24 months, you might regret it.

XHV was under $3 when I posted this. It's now $4.25 and it seems like it'll be going a lot LOT further!

16 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve got 915 Stellar Lumens. They’ve been a bit up and down but are doing alright at 22p each. Twice in the last two days they’ve spiked at 27-28p. If I could have caught it at that price I would have sold them all, waited for the price to come back down and bought back more but the spikes have lasted no more than a few seconds. Obviously some fuckers are using software that pisses all over me checking Coinbase on my phone once or twice a day. 

Busted. I found you on reddit :

QBG0HTe.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

Anybody with any XRP might want to think about selling tomorrow. There is some organised market manipulation going on... at 13.30 tomorrow prices should spike, that would be a good time to sell!

Where’s that come from? Slightly annoying that they’ve been rocketing and my Lumens haven’t. They’ve otherwise been pretty much in sync for a while until the last few days. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Where’s that come from? Slightly annoying that they’ve been rocketing and my Lumens haven’t. They’ve otherwise been pretty much in sync for a while until the last few days. 

From a mate of mine who has some friends in Singapore. He lives between here and Thailand and his missus (Thai) is absolutely loaded. He says he doesn't really get it all, but they have said to buy 90% today and then 10% at 13.30 tomorrow - creating a mini run on it and a price rise. People will think that this is because SEC are going to clear them and they will invest, but then those manipulating the market will sell.

20 hours ago, A Red said:

Its all bollocks.

I'm inclined to agree. I did contact a company once about it and I had one of their accounts with £500 in it. They had someone call me to say they are highly recommending that more is invested to get the best returns and they wouldn't allow the account to be investable until more is paid in. Dodgy as fuck. I spoke to my bank and after some conversations the company issued a refund even though they insisted this was not in my best interests.

I get the impression it's not regulated at all and can be played by anyone at anytime to achieve what they want. Almost like a pyramid scheme.