You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

Yep, a lot of money to be made and a lot of money has been made! If you chose the right crypto then you might be on to a winner, but there's a huge risk involved with this and you have to be prepared to lose as well. So many to choose from now and the tech is evolving all the time. Blockchain will form the basis/backbone of many things in our lives without us even knowing probably. There are multiple use cases, many of which are being explored. Some crypto blockchains are already being used in the wider world. It's a technology still in its infancy, but interesting to see how it develops.

On 14/12/2019 at 19:45, Gooch said:

Buy Tezos and get rich, currently $1.60ish at the moment. Will be the next etheruem this time next year. 

Now at $2.73 and holding well whilst everything else shits the bed. This is the one that your work colleagues will be talking about next time bitcoin breaks all time highs. Still not too late to make some decent money.

22 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Now at $2.73 and holding well whilst everything else shits the bed. This is the one that your work colleagues will be talking about next time bitcoin breaks all time highs. Still not too late to make some decent money.

What makes you so sure? Considering its all time high was £9.15 and the lowest it went was £0.25. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What makes you so sure? Considering its all time high was £9.15 and the lowest it went was £0.25. 

I don’t know the deep technicals of it, but they don’t really matter in a speculative market like this. It has not been around in a bull run yet, so there’s no ceiling that has been set like there has been with your XRP/ETH’s etc. They have a truckload of money behind them. I think the idea of leaving them on an exchange and earning interest is an easy sell to your average person.

Most crucially, if people start baking these (which is what they’re calling it) on an exchange. The exchange itself will have to buy more of the supply to compensate, creating this kind of weird ponzi like acceleration in the price.

Could be complete bollocks I guess and regardless of any of the above I don’t believe they’ll ever see real world use, but I don't think that matters

1 hour ago, Gooch said:

I don’t know the deep technicals of it, but they don’t really matter in a speculative market like this. It has not been around in a bull run yet, so there’s no ceiling that has been set like there has been with your XRP/ETH’s etc. They have a truckload of money behind them. I think the idea of leaving them on an exchange and earning interest is an easy sell to your average person.

Most crucially, if people start baking these (which is what they’re calling it) on an exchange. The exchange itself will have to buy more of the supply to compensate, creating this kind of weird ponzi like acceleration in the price.

Could be complete bollocks I guess and regardless of any of the above I don’t believe they’ll ever see real world use, but I don't think that matters

I’ve stuck it on my watch list. Maybe we can go halves on the golf course I’m gonna build. 

9 hours ago, Gooch said:

Tezos, I speculated a very small amount on this when it ran it's ICO back in 2017 if I remember correctly, initial cost per token was around $0.5 although at the time you invested using bitcoin so that's the measure I prefer to use when looking at how it has performed, as if I had just kept the bitcoin what would the comparative worth be. Whatever though, they raised $232 million and it was one of the biggest ICOs at that time. This is obviously a serious amount of cash to invest in a project. Now as Gooch has indicated, the comparative value of Tezos has reason in dollar terms and also against bitcoin, as development has progessed and business has started to look at this protocol as a means to store information and contracts (specifically STOs - security token offerings and digitised real estate offerings). It is still in its infancy, has not been without its share of controversy like most crypto, especially at the start, and it could all go tits up. Plus the whole crypto market is unpredictable, volatile and dramatically reacts to the slightest rumour whether in its favour or not and is particularly paranoid about governments banning any number of assets/coins or the trading of. Tezos though arguably is one of the better placed techs at the moment, we'll see if it lives up to the hype over the next couple of years. Massive risks involved though like all crypto and you could end up with fuck all if you put money in.

• 8 months later...

Mines at $59 i think from $48 for shits and giggles I'm also in one of those "investment" bitcoin schemes. Which currently pays me roughly $21 every Saturday. Im almost absolutely certain its a ponzi scheme but I got family and friends who are doing it and making big cash so I though fuck it nothing ventured nothing gained if it goes tits up ill of only lost £250. I've gone in knowing ill probably lose.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/11/2020 at 08:21, Captain Turdseye said:

Bitcoin bottomed out at £3,300 at the height of the first wave of Covid. Last night it went over £11,000. Obviously I’ve made fuck all other than the free money you get for watching videos on the Coinbase app. I should have invested in a fucking crystal ball. 

£14,000 now. 

I kept what little I had in there in Stellar Lumens because they’ve been stable at 5p/6p a coin for yonks and I’m loath to pay Coinbase the £2.99 withdrawal fee. For some reason they’re up 148% in the last few days.

4BC1CA91-1673-41DD-A846-81BB18E5FA8D.jpeg

Now I’m thinking of withdrawing it and banging it on the favourite in the 2:40 at Chepstow. It’s the only sensible thing to do. 

• 4 weeks later...

Me and my sister have just been going back through our crypto... we both bought AAVE when it was at 40 cents and it's now at $86. I have about £1000 worth and she has about £5000 - Merry Christmas! It's still being tipped for big things, DeFi seemingly is all the rage.

My brother in law had 1137 of them, which would now be $99,000, but he sold them! 

If you want to get involved now is a good time, as the market is definitely picking up. When you get a bull run you can make money without doing anything. You just need to get out at the right time, which I didn't last time.