You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

This sounds like one of those things where everyone invests in an pot of gold in a vault. Everybody thinks it's a good investment so every tom dock and Harry wants a piece of the action which drives the price up. Low and behold when people think their investment has peaked they start to cash out only to find that their investment was nothing more than thin air and the end up losing it all.

So my £325 investment was worth £377 today, just 3 days later.

It's currently plummeting back and was £353 a few minutes ago when I checked in, but can no longer log into the app, which is a bit odd.

I'm genuinely obsessed with this.

• Upvote 1

I shit the bed yesterday when they were falling rapidly and cashed out into £, with original £325 then worth £340, and that all had happened was back to where it had been at the start of that day.

I then realised I was a dick, and wasn't doing this to make £15 so lumped it all back in, plus another £150.

So I paid fees to sell them, then fees to buy them again, and bought at a marginally higher cost.

I'm not very good at this.

Think I'll delete the app and just check back in a month or so, as I'm checking every couple of hours for the last few days and am all giddy about it.

• Upvote 3

Some lad in the office just said that them two winklewank brothers who claimed to have invented facebook invested 11 million dollars in bitcoin and that is now sat at a billion dollars. I rarely begrudge someone success in anything but them too entitled little twats can fuck off. I hope they lump it all on red and the fucking zero spins in. 

• Upvote 1

Some lad in the office just said that them two winklewank brothers who claimed to have invented facebook invested 11 million dollars in bitcoin and that is now sat at a billion dollars. I rarely begrudge someone success in anything but them too entitled little twats can fuck off. I hope they lump it all on red and the fucking zero spins in. 

Your wish is about to come true:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-04/the-next-big-short-hedge-funds-prepare-to-trade-against-bitcoin

Please be careful about where you put your money regarding this. I have placed a little money with a company and they phoned me to get me to invest £5000 and now I'm pretty sure the initial investment I put in is gone. I have gone to my bank to report it and they will attempt a transaction recall but they can only do this if there are funds in the account where I placed my investment with my bank card. Bank card is stopped/changed.

If you have managed to get your initial investment back with any profits then you are with a good company and that's good news for you, just be aware that they may not return your money when requested if they are dodgy. As I have found to my cost!!

Please be careful about where you put your money regarding this. I have placed a little money with a company and they phoned me to get me to invest £5000 and now I'm pretty sure the initial investment I put in is gone. I have gone to my bank to report it and they will attempt a transaction recall but they can only do this if there are funds in the account where I placed my investment with my bank card. Bank card is stopped/changed.

If you have managed to get your initial investment back with any profits then you are with a good company and that's good news for you, just be aware that they may not return your money when requested if they are dodgy. As I have found to my cost!!

What company is this?