You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Bitcoin predicted to climb massively with the next 'Halving' and drag other cryptos along with it. I'll keep having a small dabble for entertainment purposes. 

https://www.forbesindia.com/article/cryptocurrency/standard-chartered-reiterates-its-prediction-on-bitcoins-projected-surge-to-100000-by-2024/90063/1

5 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Bitcoin predicted to climb massively with the next 'Halving' and drag other cryptos along with it. I'll keep having a small dabble for entertainment purposes. 

I Always hold WXT and XNO. WXT is given to me as rewards for spending, and XNO (NANO) is fee free to send across the world, and confirms quickest (0.14 of a second.) XNO is the future in my book.

Nout wrong with a dabble.

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

I Always hold WXT and XNO. WXT is given to me as rewards for spending, and XNO (NANO) is fee free to send across the world, and confirms quickest (0.14 of a second.) XNO is the future in my book.

Nout wrong with a dabble.

It's always nice when a see a person speaking Welsh on here. 

Grab a crypto.com account and get 7 days waived fees on all account funding and crypto buys. I loaded up on NANO (XNO) which is still the only crypto with no fees as it’s moved around. Sent all my NANO to Wirex where I was finally able to unlock my stored WXT by reaching the pay out amount. I’m now NZ$300 better off. I call that A WIN!

On 12/11/2022 at 09:48, Jack the Sipper said:

I've put around £700 in crypto since April, mostly in Bitcoin and Ethereum, with smaller amounts in other coins like Tether, Cardano and Solana. Obviously my stake is down right now, and if I cashed out I would've lost over a third of what I put in, which is a pretty shit return. Interestingly, though, Tether, tied as it is to the dollar, is actually up from what it was. Unfortunately, I've only put £20 into that.

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but I knew what I was getting into when I put into crypto, insofar that it was highly volatile, and for that reason I only gambled what I could afford to lose with no stress on me or my finances. I also knew that various coins had seen spectacular rises, with people making life-changing amounts from pocket change in the case of the more speculative coins as their value increases by literally millions of percent in weeks. Even Bitcoin and Ethereum, which I considered to be the stayers in the market, have seen big rises from big dips in the past. 

Look at the chart below, showing Bitcoin's progress from 2014 to now. I can remember the laughter, the depression, the cynicism from various quarters at the start of 2019 and mid-21. Yet, putting money in then would have reaped big returns if cashed in at the right time. I'm basically betting that, rather than a terminal decline, this is another dip in the cycle. Time will tell.

image.png

Since I made that post above I've been regularly putting more money into Bitcoin and Ethereum (more so Bitcoin) and sold the other coins at a small profit. I'm currently up over 70% in all. I would be up over 165% had I lumped it all on Bitcoin at the time I made the post above. I could listen to the sceptics that think it's all a con for idiots, pull out now and think myself lucky, but I'm going to put another  few hundred in next week, hopefully catch the ETF and halving wave, then cash out some profits.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 02/01/2024 at 14:01, Section_31 said:

Are people still into this bollocks? Was the most obvious bollocks of all time. It's only useful for paying hackers (allegedly).

BlackRock and others are in on it now so I think people are starting to take it more seriously.

btc blackrock.png

I did pop this in another thread the other week. My mate rang me asking did I know anything about the tax implications of this. Told him what I knew. Said two lads from his work were making a fortune from crypto.

He rang me a couple of weeks ago to say all their investment and "profit" has disappeared. The app they used had vanished. Luckily for him he hadn't put anything in.

On 20/02/2024 at 19:14, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Does anyone use Uniswap? 

To add £ to my account it seems to use a platform called Moonpay but then tells me it isn't supported in this region (UK). Anyone else encountered this? 

Yes I do, but I use a wallet like Metamask it's super easy once you've got some cash in it. The market is going crazy atm, I think you've got 12 months to make a good run at this before things shit the bed again.

15 hours ago, Gooch said:

Yes I do, but I use a wallet like Metamask it's super easy once you've got some cash in it. The market is going crazy atm, I think you've got 12 months to make a good run at this before things shit the bed again.

I don't have enough money to throw at it. 

My big tip is $TAO.  Got that from a top crypto ninja who charges thousands for investment advice.  A mate of mine subscribes and he's already made a fortune but there is pure blue sky above TAO, it eats all the AI market. 

It's $600 a coin, but conservative MC calculations put it at £20,000 in 12 months. That's conservative. 

Give siamkidd a follow on X. 

It could sink at any moment but currently a few thousand off the all time high. From Reuters :

Spot bitcoin exchange-traded funds were approved in the United States earlier this year. Their launch opened the way for new large investors and has re-ignited enthusiasm and momentum reminiscent of the run up to record levels in 2021. "The flows are not drying up as investors feel more confident the higher price appears to go," said Markus Thielen, head of research at crypto analytics house 10x Research in Singapore.

Bitcoin bursts above $65,000, record high comes into view

• 4 weeks later...