You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

15 hours ago, Boss said:

What are the fees percentage-wise using this method? And can you transfer ERC20 directly to ETH?

ERC20 is the ETH network, that's where the fees are high. BEP20 is a fraction of the cost, but you have never been able to buy ETH on it. ETH fees can be ridiculous, but they do vary. I tried to do a transaction at 7am this morning to remove liquidity from a staking pool and it wanted $125, but by the time I got to work it was only $65. If the network is busy, it might want $200 to buy/sell/transfer $3000.

11 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

The thing I asked so how for was this 

My advice is to buy some ORN. This is going to change the game!

I don't understand your question.

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

ERC20 is the ETH network, that's where the fees are high. BEP20 is a fraction of the cost, but you have never been able to buy ETH on it. ETH fees can be ridiculous, but they do vary. I tried to do a transaction at 7am this morning to remove liquidity from a staking pool and it wanted $125, but by the time I got to work it was only $65. If the network is busy, it might want $200 to buy/sell/transfer $3000.

I don't understand your question.

What is ORN and how is it going to change the game?

14 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

What is ORN and how is it going to change the game?

I thought I had answered, sorry.

This is ORN https://trade.orionprotocol.io/swap

It is basically an exchange, but it is an aggregator which promises best price. Not only that but it is introducing crosschain bridge. That's all the ERC/BEP stuff mentioned above. Further to that, it offers loads of staking pools and basically has loads more to offer than any existing exchange.

I was thinking about this the other day. Bitcoin doesn't have any real value. You can't buy goods or services with it. If you're going to buy illegal things, there are other crypto's that are more anonymous. If you're going to buy grey area stuff, then most vendors just use Paypal. It doesn't serve any purpose beyond a speculative investment vehicle. China has banned it. Environmentally, it takes a huge amount of physical and computational energy to produce a non-tangible product. Also, the price seems to go up purely on the basis of FOMO and goes down when the FOMO's start losing money. 

I love the idea of Bitcoin, but KYC rules have regulated it to death. Goldman Sachs has a cryptocurrency desk. Your mum knows about Bitcoin. Bitcoin nowadays is a 50-year-old fella putting on a pair of aviators, a leather jacket and a pair of Levi 501's and strolling around as if he's Marlon Brando from The Wild One. What I'm trying to say is: it's going down further.

32 minutes ago, Boss said:

Bitcoin nowadays is a 50-year-old fella putting on a pair of aviators, a leather jacket and a pair of Levi 501's and strolling around as if he's Marlon Brando from The Wild One. What I'm trying to say is: it's going down further.

No - Tom Cruise is 60. Brando is dead.

6 hours ago, Boss said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Bitcoin doesn't have any real value. You can't buy goods or services with it. If you're going to buy illegal things, there are other crypto's that are more anonymous. If you're going to buy grey area stuff, then most vendors just use Paypal. It doesn't serve any purpose beyond a speculative investment vehicle. China has banned it. Environmentally, it takes a huge amount of physical and computational energy to produce a non-tangible product. Also, the price seems to go up purely on the basis of FOMO and goes down when the FOMO's start losing money. 

I love the idea of Bitcoin, but KYC rules have regulated it to death. Goldman Sachs has a cryptocurrency desk. Your mum knows about Bitcoin. Bitcoin nowadays is a 50-year-old fella putting on a pair of aviators, a leather jacket and a pair of Levi 501's and strolling around as if he's Marlon Brando from The Wild One. What I'm trying to say is: it's going down further.

That's the founder of Dodgecoin. Not exactly encouraging stuff.

SmartSelect_20220111-103201_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Boss said:

If you don't mind me asking @Spy Bee, what's the best way to buy Ethereum? I have a Coinbase account but I'm not on any other exchanges. I'm looking to buy straight Ethereum with the lowest fees possible. 

I'm not sure. I tend to use Kucoin, but I don't imagine that Coinbase will cost much more. Buy it at about 7am on a week day for the lowest fees.

• Upvote 1

On 13/01/2022 at 08:29, Spy Bee said:

$NCT got listed on Coinbase (and Xmex) yesterday/

image.png

This project still has legs. You might have missed the 100x, but you could still get huge returns on a solid project which won't be impacted by the whims of BTC.

Why is NCT is a good buy? 

Does it do something other tokens do not? 

Are you just shilling a bag to us?

Theta is the one everyone should be in on. Partnered with Google, Samsung, Sony, One Championship, Hollywood etc. Patents coming out if its ears and no SCC issues. Long-term, I'm expecting this to be a top five coin. I have a fairly diverse range of crypto coins bur this is the only crypto I'm really all in on.

Is all this a scam is a really good question. For me, generally no. If you do your homework then not at all. 

I bought some BitCoin in 2018 as a way to beat inflation and as I was fed up of how poor the returns on my savings were. I missed the huge gains so this wasn't about speculating as such, just doing what I said above. Since then we have had huge peaks and troughs and I could have taken out when it reached a record high but I just leave things in long term and try and forget about them. Even now with the supposed big dip I'm 350% up on what I invested in BitCoin 2018. I'll be investing in Crypto until I stop working as a retirement fund or to make sure my Mrs is looked after if I pop my clogs. I'm expecting to do very well out of it, but appreciate there is no guarantee.

10 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Why is NCT is a good buy? 

Does it do something other tokens do not? 

Are you just shilling a bag to us?

It is decentralised cybersecurity. It's the global market leader (ahead of Google Virustotal) and already has a functioning business with partnerships and customers such as Kapersky, Microsoft, Alibaba, Verizon, QiAnXin etc. In time, it won't move with the whims of BTC because it operates in it's own ecosystem. I don't suggest you'll get 100x from here, but you could see a 10x or more. It's got a hugely professional team and I think the project is just really solid.

I've shilled this since it was 0.004 cents to be fair.